PDA

View Full Version : Panorama on coke

MojoPin
28/01/2008, 7:50 PM
its on bbc1 now. alex james is looking like a plonker presenting it. he seems very out of his depth

jebus
28/01/2008, 7:55 PM
its on bbc1 now. alex james is looking like a plonker presenting it. he seems very out of his depth

odd that, considering he's a pop star and sometimes writer. Personally I think putting James in that situation was meant to show how we would all react when faced with our own choices. The dealers, Columbian Prime Minister etc. all said that you will win the drug war when people don't want to take drugs anymore, and getting a former coke addict to realise the suffering that people have to endure so that he can get his bit on a Saturday night was effective I feel

Wolfie
29/01/2008, 8:32 AM
odd that, considering he's a pop star and sometimes writer. Personally I think putting James in that situation was meant to show how we would all react when faced with our own choices. The dealers, Columbian Prime Minister etc. all said that you will win the drug war when people don't want to take drugs anymore, and getting a former coke addict to realise the suffering that people have to endure so that he can get his bit on a Saturday night was effective I feel

In fairness to James, although presumably well protected, he was in a couple of dodgy situations. When he was out on the plantation it was possible he could have copped a bullet or two.

The thought struck me, is it any wonder that there's toxic batches of coke knocking around when the coca plants are brought into contact with so many chemical sprays in attempts to kill off the supply.

There were sprayed plants re-generating and developing leaves.

The American presence was unsurprising but they're refusal to offer even a cursory word on camera spoke volumes.