PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Stubs??

NorthoftheLee
16/06/2003, 5:05 PM
Does anyone know why the club is keeping all the match ticket stubs??

It is usual for cup games but for league games?? whats the story with it... I couldnt get an answer from the guy who took my ticket...??? They weren't doing it at the start of the season so why the change???

SÓC
16/06/2003, 5:37 PM
I got no reply from the fella I asked, he said thats what they were told to just keep them.

Pity I like to collect them, I have some nice ones from international matches and away games but only two city ones.

tiktok
16/06/2003, 5:42 PM
strange that, you'd imagine it's not to count them for attendance records seeing as they sell them at oulets (which has to be controlled) and they accept cash on the day anyway.

and they can't reuse them.

maybe the lads cleaning up after the games complained that there were tickets lying around everywhere.:D

@ndy
16/06/2003, 9:21 PM
tbh, that's probably the most likely answer...litter. An easy way to stop a few thousand pieces of paper possibly being dropped...which say cork city on em. I noticed it but it didnt really bother me, ive never really been a ticket collector...iaranrod eireann wouldn't hire me.

razor
17/06/2003, 7:38 AM
it could very well be for litter purposes but the more cynical of us would be thinking something more sinister.

Trax
17/06/2003, 11:11 AM
If its for litter purposes you have to wonder why they use the tickets at all they could just use the turnstyle system.It's a bit thick that they print these tickets that you only have for 10 seconds while you walk from the ticket cabin to the entrance.What we,ve got here is...............failure...............to communicate.

@ndy
17/06/2003, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by razor
the more cynical of us would be thinking something more sinister.

I'm sorry, i'm lost on that one lads. Care to explain?

pete
17/06/2003, 1:29 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
I'm sorry, i'm lost on that one lads. Care to explain?

de rev comm....?

tiktok
17/06/2003, 5:49 PM
Originally posted by pete
de rev comm....?

surely another thing that would be more easily 'handled' using turnstiles directly.