Fri. 10 OctoberSt. Patrick's AthleticvCobh RamblersRichmond Park7.45pm
Sat. 18 OctoberCobh RamblersvUCDSt. Colman's Park7.45pm
Fri. 31 OctoberBray WanderersvCobh RamblersCarlisle Grounds7.45pm
Sat. 8 NovemberCobh RamblersvBohemiansSt. Colman's Park7.45pm
Fri. 14 NovemberDerry CityvCobh RamblersBrandywell Stadium7.45pm

E&OE!

drinkfeckarse
25/01/2008, 10:46 AM
Just looking at those fixtures brings it all back. The Premier Division is the ONLY place to be.

Claret & Blue
25/01/2008, 10:57 AM
We have a very difficult run-in. We have to have the hard work done before the last two games.

Rambler1
25/01/2008, 12:03 PM
Not a great start...
Finn HarpsvCobh RamblersFinn Park8.00pm
Cobh RamblersvGalway UnitedSt. Colman's Park7.45pm
Drogheda UnitedvCobh RamblersUnited Park7.45pm

How many points out of nine possible to get us on the way?

drinkfeckarse
25/01/2008, 12:06 PM
4 or 6. They should be looking at 4 minimum. Vital to get off to a good start at this level.

don ramo
25/01/2008, 12:27 PM
we should beat harps, after all we have the smae squad they'll just be gettin used to each other, galway at home we should get something out of it, drogs away, damage limitation methinks,

it really feels close now lads, cant wait

don ramo
25/01/2008, 12:56 PM
just said id tidy it up a bit, save ye doin it

March
Fri. 7 Harps v Ramblers Finn Park8.00pm
Sat. 15 Ramblers v Galway St. Colman's Park7.45pm
Fri. 21 Drogheda v Ramblers United Park7.45pm
Sat. 29 Ramblers v City St. Colman's Park7.45pm
April
Sat. 5 Sligo v Ramblers The Showgrounds8.00pm
Sat. 12 Ramblers v Rovers St. Colman's Park7.45pm
Fri. 18 St. Pat's v Ramblers Richmond Park7.45pm
Sat. 26 Ramblers v UCD St. Colman's Park7.45pm
May
Fri. 2 Bray v Ramblers Carlisle Grounds7.45pm
Sat. 10 Ramblers v Bohemians St. Colman's Park7.45pm
Fri. 16 Derry v Ramblers Brandywell Stadium7.45pm
Sat. 24 Ramblers v Harps St. Colman's Park7.45pm
TBC Galway v Ramblers Terryland ParkTBC
Sat. 31 Ramblers v Drogheda St. Colman's Park7.45pm
June
Fri. 20 City v Ramblers Turner's Cross7.45pm
Sat. 28 Ramblers v Sligo St. Colman's Park7.45pm
July
Fri. 4 Rovers v Ramblers Tolka Park8.00pm
Sat. 12 Ramblers v St. Pat's St. Colman's Park7.45pm
Fri. 18 UCD v Ramblers Belfield Bowl7.45pm
Sat. 26 Ramblers v Bray St. Colman's Park7.45pm
August
Fri. 1 Bohemians v Ramblers Dalymount Park7.45pm
Sat. 9 Ramblers v Derry St. Colman's Park 7.45pm
Fri. 22 Harps v Ramblers Finn Park8.00pm
Sat. 30 Ramblers v Galway St. Colman's Park7.45pm
September
Fri. 5 Drogheda v Ramblers United Park7.45pm
Sat. 20 Ramblers v City St. Colman's Park7.45pm
Sat. 27 Sligo v Ramblers The Showgrounds8.00pm
October
Sat. 4 Ramblers v Rovers St. Colman's Park7.45pm
Fri. 10 St. Pat’s v Ramblers Richmond Park7.45pm
Sat. 18 Ramblers v UCD St. Colman's Park7.45pm
Fri. 31 Bray v Ramblers Carlisle Grounds7.45pm
November
Sat. 8 Ramblers v Bohemians St. Colman's Park7.45pm
Fri. 14 Derry v Ramblers Brandywell Stadium7.45pm

anyone know what i can use to put the fixtures on a photo,

bellavistaman
25/01/2008, 1:41 PM
thats a very handy start IMO

Rambler1
25/01/2008, 2:07 PM
we should beat harps, after all we have the smae squad they'll just be gettin used to each other, galway at home we should get something out of it, drogs away, damage limitation methinks,

I wish I could share the optimisim
I think best case scenario

Harps 0 or 1 point
Galway 1 or 3 points
Drogs 0 points

Best Case Start 4 points from 9
Worst Case Start 1 point from 9

Hope Im wrong.....cant wait for it Cmon ye Rams....BTW its off topic but anyone know if Davin or Graham re-signed for 2008

rambler14
25/01/2008, 3:20 PM
Shockin for travel. In the 1st series we have to go to Harps, Sligo and Derry. I can't see why they didn't mix it up for 2 away and 1 at home.
If we are in a relegation dogfight which goes down to the last day a trip to Derry isn't ideal especially if we lose it'll be a long long journey home.
I'm very dissappointed with the lack of a moneyspinner to open the season with. At least we have City at home early on on the season.

luka
25/01/2008, 3:23 PM
I thought you were banned R14

thegafferman
25/01/2008, 3:25 PM
graham had already signed before he was called over,:ball: davin has yet to sign but judging by his comments in the echo it will have to be a big offer from sunderland or forrest before he considers packing in his appreiticeship would be great if he got the big offer but as a rams fan being selfish i would love to have him as a rams player for our first season in the prem this year

thegafferman
25/01/2008, 3:30 PM
Shockin for travel. In the 1st series we have to go to Harps, Sligo and Derry. I can't see why they didn't mix it up for 2 away and 1 at home.
If we are in a relegation dogfight which goes down to the last day a trip to Derry isn't ideal especially if we lose it'll be a long long journey home.
I'm very dissappointed with the lack of a moneyspinner to open the season with. At least we have City at home early on on the season.

from a financial point of view its not all that bad city at home twice same with rovers and bohs away to sligo or harps athey wouldnt be bringing much with them anyway ..we have to win our home games against the harps ucd bray and galway these are the guys we will be in the dog fight at the end of the season .... finishing eight in the premiere div this year with three going down will feel like a win:ball:

Sam_Heggy
25/01/2008, 4:08 PM

Remind me how your same squad as last season faired out in Finn Park last visit.
We have strengthened with 6 signings (so far, more to follow) and ye still have a first division squad. I said it on here before, just because ye won the 1st Div last season doesn't mean ye are guaranteed to stay up. Its going to be a long season for both of us but we have by far the better start. Cobh (h), Derry (a) and U.C.D. (h).

don ramo
25/01/2008, 4:53 PM
Remind me how your same squad as last season faired out in Finn Park last visit.
We have strengthened with 6 signings (so far, more to follow) and ye still have a first division squad. I said it on here before, just because ye won the 1st Div last season doesn't mean ye are guaranteed to stay up. Its going to be a long season for both of us but we have by far the better start. Cobh (h), Derry (a) and U.C.D. (h).

you forget we also beat ye 2-0 nil up there also, quick to forget, personally i wouldnt consider derry an easy game, ye and galway to us, is like us and UCD to ye, then drogs and derry, well wait and see 41 days see you there,

i know its the team that won the first divison, but it also probably one of the youngest to win it, oldest player 28, keeping this team together is vital, they will only get better with expieriece if that means relegation (not my first option) so be it, theyll learn form it, but i dont think well be bottom, we were also writen off last year and now were being writen off again,

you could buy a whole new squad, untill they do something theve achieved noting

thegafferman
25/01/2008, 5:11 PM

yeah ok i will remind you:ball: missed peno denied a dead cert peno and ye won one nil i have seen loads of teams with 6 or more new signings not being able to gell as a team ie the english nat team or liverpool we are quite happy being written off bookies have us at 100/1 excellent!!!!!

don ramo
25/01/2008, 5:13 PM
yeah ok i will remind you:ball: missed peno denied a dead cert peno and ye won one nil i have seen loads of teams with 6 or more new signings not being able to gell as a team ie the english nat team or liverpool we are quite happy being written off bookies have us at 100/1 excellent!!!!!

i saw cant remeber what site but we were 250/1

Da-Mini
25/01/2008, 5:22 PM
Cant believe this. Im going to miss the Cork City Match at Turners Cross because ill be in feckin orlando :mad:
Do yee think if i phone them up and ask nicely they will switch it to the saturday night because ill be home by then :D
Have to get off to a good start this season. Lookin at 3 points from harps, maybe 3 from galway minimum 1. Anything at drogs would be a bonus.
Should be a Cracking Ride!!!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY RAMBLERS!!!!!!!!!! :D

bellavistaman
25/01/2008, 5:30 PM
lads less talk about the city game(obviously not in your case mini) but theres more important games lads, ones we have to have, harps galway bray ucd sligo all massive and must for points, anything against city only a bonus.

don ramo
25/01/2008, 5:47 PM
Do yee think if i phone them up and ask nicely they will switch it to the saturday night because ill be home by then :D

its on saturday night

rambler14
25/01/2008, 6:16 PM
We have a good start IMO with Harps and Galway but our finish is terrible Bohs and Derry, if we need points toward the end were in a bit of bother.
But I think we should be safe by the time Bohs and Derry happen in the final series.

mypost
25/01/2008, 6:21 PM

You got Longford's reversed fixture list from last year.

rambler14
25/01/2008, 8:31 PM
It's going to be a long trip, but it's a good first fixture to get, he said. We know each other inside out at this stage. I'm sure they'll be expecting a full house for their first home game, so there is going to be a tremendous atmosphere at the game.
It's been a long time since we had a derby down here so everybody is looking forward to that one, said Carey. It's nice to get them at home first because it gives us a better chance of causing an upset. I'd imagine St. Coleman's will be packed for that one.
http://www.eircomloi.ie:82/news-centre/news/news-155/index.xml

You can always count on Alan Carey to be confident. What a Man!

Da-Mini
26/01/2008, 12:08 PM
its on saturday night

Not the home match, the 1 at turners cross. :(

Da-Mini
26/01/2008, 12:23 PM
By the way does anybody else think that we are being really underestimated by everybody else? Everybody is expecting us to go right back down but i think we can pull a few surprises this season.

P.S. Ramblers for the League Cup :D

don ramo
26/01/2008, 4:49 PM
we dont think, we know, were favourities to go straight back down,

ok, its a very good possibility, after all 25% of the premier division is gonna be relegated, but i dont think were gonna be bottom, i think we'll still be fighting with 4 games to go, we haven't come all this way to just keel over without a fight, the players have the bottle to handle a survival race, they proved they have bottle by winning the first division,

write rams off at your peril

bellavistaman
26/01/2008, 6:43 PM
St Pats at home for bellas 21st in july, quite happy with that one may i add.

Marco
26/01/2008, 8:58 PM
I think a lot of the teams and their supporters will think 'easy 3 points at Cobh' or they haven't brought in any players etc, ya were favourites to go down who gives a shi*, they said the same last season and wanted Hendo gone after a few games! Dont worry about any run ins and how hard they are, one step at a time, Galway on Paddies weekend at home!!!