PDA

View Full Version : Windsor Park Directions/Ticketing

Rob_the_cat
24/01/2008, 12:41 PM
Hi,

I was thinking of heading up to Belfast on Saturday and taking in the Linfield-Armagh City game. I've not been to Windsor Park before, so would appreciate any info on ticketing, maps etc. I had assumed that you just pay on the gate like down here, but there was a load of stuff on the Linfield site about Uefa licencing so I said I had better check this out first.

Cheers,

Rob

Steve Bruce
24/01/2008, 1:58 PM
You pay at the gate. It’s £9 in.

Try this address for a map of how to get their mate. The post code is BT12 6LW

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Belfast,+BT12,+United+Kingdom&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

Lets hope Linfield have a decent performance and you enjoy your time at Windsor.

Graemerz
24/01/2008, 2:33 PM
Just head for the South stand entrance... sitting in the North Stand will be a cold, boring affair with about 30 (at a push) Armagh supporters. Here's a pic of Armagh last season at Windsor.

http://file041b.bebo.com/12/large/2008/01/13/18/3632680286a6609740945l.jpg

gspain
24/01/2008, 2:51 PM
If driving I'd recommend parking off the Lisburn Road away from the ground. I normally park on Windsor Avenue. It's about 5 minutes walk down to the ground. If you park closer to the ground you may run the risk of having some damage to your car.

As you come from Dublin on the Motorway, turn off for A55 Lisburn road is then second major left (I think). Once you pass a KFC look for Windsor Avenue, you need to turn right up the street after Windsor Avenue and then another right and back down Windsor Avenue as it's 1 way. some of the earlier streets are probably fine as well. Better not to park on any of the elft turns off Windsor avenue.

South stand or the kop are your best bets OK.

EalingGreen
24/01/2008, 4:38 PM
South stand or the kop are your best bets OK.

Btw, although Kop (or Spion Kop) is the traditional name for it, iirc it was officially renamed the "Alex Russell Stand" by Linfield when they replaced the old uncovered terrace with a covered seating Stand. Goalkeeper Russell is LFC's record appearance maker, so you can ingratiate yourself with the locals by dropping it casually into the conversation!

The Kop is to the West side of the ground, behind the goals i.e. on your left, if sitting in the South Stand, right if in North Stand. Obviously. :o

waide
24/01/2008, 5:06 PM
Hi,

I was thinking of heading up to Belfast on Saturday and taking in the Linfield-Armagh City game. I've not been to Windsor Park before, so would appreciate any info on ticketing, maps etc. I had assumed that you just pay on the gate like down here, but there was a load of stuff on the Linfield site about Uefa licencing so I said I had better check this out first.

Cheers,

RobRob, you could hardly have picked a worse match to take in.

Rob_the_cat
24/01/2008, 7:48 PM
Thanks for the info lads. I wanted to see the place before the health and safety mob change it! My hands were tied as to choice of game as rugby took up recent and forthcoming Saturdays. I take it Armagh are no world beaters! Is Paul Mcareavy still at Linfield? I remember him playing for Kilkenny in the premier down here 7 years ago. Even though that team was brutal he always gave his best and had a terrific attitude.

BleusAvantTout
24/01/2008, 10:47 PM
Goalkeeper Russell is LFC's record appearance maker, so you can ingratiate yourself with the locals by dropping it casually into the conversation!

You're way out, Noel Bailie our captain has made 900+ appearances!

David
25/01/2008, 6:37 AM
Thanks for the info lads. I wanted to see the place before the health and safety mob change it! My hands were tied as to choice of game as rugby took up recent and forthcoming Saturdays. I take it Armagh are no world beaters! Is Paul Mcareavy still at Linfield? I remember him playing for Kilkenny in the premier down here 7 years ago. Even though that team was brutal he always gave his best and had a terrific attitude.

Yes Paul still at the club, he is one of our seven full time players and is a cracking player.

Graemerz
25/01/2008, 8:13 AM
Yes Paul still at the club, he is one of our seven full time players and is a cracking player.

When he wants to be....

Steve Bruce
25/01/2008, 8:51 AM

Although his attitude still has a lot to be desired.

I am a big fan of his though, if he had that extra yard of pace he would certainly be playing in England. He had the talent.

Lux Interior
25/01/2008, 1:13 PM

I'm wondering why no-one has mentioned his plethora of red cards and general all-round thuggishness yet.

:confused:

Steve Bruce
25/01/2008, 1:37 PM
I'm wondering why no-one has mentioned his plethora of red cards and general all-round thuggishness yet.

:rolleyes:

He is a wee boy in that department to some of the old Glentoran 'Greats'. Pete Batey, Scott Young, Lockhart, Glendinning, Justin McBride etc.

Mackers gets sent off more for handling the ball than headbutting.;)

Graemerz
25/01/2008, 1:51 PM

Aye sure just you go worship "legends" such as Tim McCann and Rory Hamill. ;)

LeviathanNI
25/01/2008, 4:42 PM
The Armagh game will be bad as a choice of games.. but you, and anyone else, is welcome to Windsor Park for any of our games. Hope you enjoy it the experience!

Rob_the_cat
25/01/2008, 5:14 PM

Yeah I saw Linfield against Shels in the early rounds of the Setanta Cup a couple of years back, and from memory he got sent off (harshly) early on in that match.

waide
25/01/2008, 6:00 PM
Yeah I saw Linfield against Shels in the early rounds of the Setanta Cup a couple of years back, and from memory he got sent off (harshly) early on in that match.I was standing about fifteen yards from the incident and it was a very harsh dismissal.Hope you enjoy your day tomorrow.

Lux Interior
25/01/2008, 9:33 PM
:rolleyes:

He is a wee boy in that department to some of the old Glentoran 'Greats'. Pete Batey, Scott Young, Lockhart, Glendinning, Justin McBride etc.

Mackers gets sent off more for handling the ball than headbutting.;)

Really, you wanna post up Scotty's 'red' stats in comparison to the cornerboy's? Ditto Lockhart's (10 years older), McBride's and Batey's?

:)

Lux Interior
25/01/2008, 9:33 PM
Aye sure just you go worship "legends" such as Tim McCann and Rory Hamill. ;)

not sure what this has got to do with McAreavey's collection of red cards.

Steve Bruce
26/01/2008, 4:24 PM
Really, you wanna post up Scotty's 'red' stats in comparison to the cornerboy's? Ditto Lockhart's (10 years older), McBride's and Batey's?

:)

Good at decieving the ref.

Although I do not have stats, so they could well have been sent off. But one thing is for sure, i wont be taking your word for it.

Steve Bruce
27/01/2008, 8:42 AM
Looks like you watched a stinker. The blues where terrible and was one of the poorest attended matches of the season.