PDA

View Full Version : Support in general

Wiseguy
15/06/2003, 10:59 AM
I think our support is gone to ****.There was a time when we were the best supporters in the land and now we're the worst.The only atmosphere in Flancare is @ the chip van at half time.What has happened to us.The first 2 years were great.Everyone knew when LTFC were playing because we sang & cheered no matter what.Through the good times and the bad we always stood out from the rest because we were true fans.No matter where we played there was always an atmosphere because we created it from Terryland to Tolka.Players enjoyed playing for the club and other clubs envied us,we were a well respected bunch who had a good time no matter what & that is why we stood out from the crowd.Now when you go to an away match you don't know where the LTFC supporters are.It's time to change this starting from the Shels match.Get off your holes & start singing & cheering,it's actually quite infectious and enjoyable so don't wait for somebody to do it,do it yourself.

Bosco
15/06/2003, 3:22 PM
First of all well done on noticing are home support has gone to ****, its only been like that for a good year or so.
And second, why are you posting an apeal to part-timers on this site?

el insider
15/06/2003, 5:37 PM
what is this wiseguy on about. our away support is not a problem its at flancare where the atmospjere is dead and thats because we are all splitr up on opposite sides. for a small bunch at away games we cause a fair bit of noise

Wiseguy
16/06/2003, 5:20 AM
I apologise to EL Insider about the away support but it certainly isn't what it used to be but the home matches are ****e.It's a poor excuse that the only ones who sing are seperated,read my message again & you may see what i am getting at,everyone should be being singing & cheering.This club should be building on it's Prem. Div. status & growing in all directions & as the fans we should be doing our bit.In relation to the board i don't think it has ever been better & we have a good manager in Mathews but we lack a creative midfielder who can do some magic to unlock the tightest defence.Lets hope Alan sees this & a 20 goal striker would be nice aswell.I always thought that the longer we were in the top flight the bigger the crowds would get but the typical bandwagon supporters have slowly disappeared & can't be arsed to put in the effort to go to a match and would sooner sit on their arse in a pub & wait for someone to come back from the game & tell them all about it & then say "I was going to go out but i couldn't get a lift ect...".Other people use the excuse of there being no locals in the side so why cheer on those Dubs.In my opinion if the crowds are consistently between 1500 - 2000 people then that generates more money from gate receipts which means there is more money available to invest in the club which will also benefit the underage players thus helping them to improve as players & strenghtening their chances of 1st team football.More people through the gates means more money which is simple maths.In case people haven't noticed these players local or not are representing Longford & Soccer in it and we all should be cheering them on.We have one of the finest grounds in the country and more people should be going out there & supporting LTFC so on each match day get your friends & all the family to go to the games & have it as something you all do together & if the world isn't a happier place then start it yourself...smile.

drummer boy
17/06/2003, 4:10 PM
well i think that away trips are crap now. i have been going to away matches for 4 years now on the supporters busses and the craic was great, we would sing on the way up to the match, at the match and on the way back from the match. the number of people going to the matches hasnt changed but the excitment and passion has. its a real pitty. flancare should be a fortress once again. all singing supporters who truely love supporting the town should all join together in a section. i for one would suggest section A where you can stand up and sing your heart for the lads.

pineapple stu
17/06/2003, 6:58 PM
When we were down in Longford, the person in the B&B we were staying in (who apparently played for Longford in the 1960s) said the club used to run buses out to games before some "Dublin" fans (probably Shamrock Rovers, but not sure) hopped on one of the buses and basically ran amok, after which the buses stopped. Anybody know if this is true? What with the ground where it is, that's a huge blow, and your attendances seem to be down a bit this season.