PDA

View Full Version : Unattached Players

gufcfan
23/01/2008, 12:49 AM
Is there a list of players that are currently unattached.

I dont mean that FAI list a while back. I mean a list of players who are CURRENTLY without a club.

If no such list exists, maybe members could list them here and I will add and subtract as necessary/

Apologies if there is already a thread, didnt see it...

Paddyfield
23/01/2008, 6:02 AM
There's a list of them on the PFAI website at http://www.pfai.ie/index.php?mod=one&id=16380&PHPSESSID=56847a60b948b139256e3cd23d2cefb0

The PFAI have compiled a list of players who wish it to be known that they are available and open to offers of employment. (Updated Wednesday 16 January 2008)

UPDATED PLAYERS LIST

PLAYER POSITION PREVIOUS CLUB
Steve Williams Goalkeeper Bray Wanderers
Aaron Shanahan Goalkeeper Kilkenny City
John McGuinness Goalkeeper Shamrock Rovers
Shane Dunphy Goalkeeper Wexford Youths
Stephen Cashen Goalkeeper Kilkenny City
Tadhg Murphy Goalkeeper Monahgan United
Eoghan O'Shea Defence Kilkenny City
Jim Sheridan Defence Athlone Town
William Tyrrell Defence Kilkenny City
Ian Rossiter Defence Athlone Town
Aidan Collins Defence Bohemians/Shelbourne
Ronan Frawley
Defence Athlone Town
Darren Young Defence Athlone Town
Joe Kendrick Defence Darlington
Damien Rushe Midfield Athlone Town
Colin Fortune Midfield Athlone Town
David Byrne Midfield Athlone Town
Alan Moore Midfield Derry City
John McNicholas Midfield Kilkenny City
Stephen Grant Midfield Kilkenny City
Brian Murphy Forward Kilkenny City
Alan Murphy Forward Galway United
David O'Dowd Forward
Athlone Town

COACH PREVIOUS CLUB
Mark Dempsey Shamrock Rovers

Dunny
23/01/2008, 6:04 AM
Aaron Shanahan has signed with Dundalk.

amjl
23/01/2008, 9:38 AM
I think I can safely say that all of the Kilkenny players will be looking for new clubs for the coming season:(, except for Michael Comerford who joined Kilkdare County.

Risteard
23/01/2008, 10:07 AM
amjl, is Stephen Grant good?

Sonic
23/01/2008, 10:15 AM
Heard somewhere that kendrick lad was signed by dwogs. not 100% on it tho!

Sniffer
23/01/2008, 12:44 PM
Didn't know Mark Dempsey had parted company with Rovers, who's 2nd in command now?

TheBoss
23/01/2008, 12:55 PM
Is there a list of players that are currently unattached.

I dont mean that FAI list a while back. I mean a list of players who are CURRENTLY without a club.

If no such list exists, maybe members could list them here and I will add and subtract as necessary/

Apologies if there is already a thread, didnt see it...

How far back do you want to back to 2003, 2004, 2005 etc

CastleknockHoop
23/01/2008, 4:37 PM
cathal o'connor was released by Dundalk and is without a club

Rob_the_cat
23/01/2008, 5:14 PM

Ex Ireland U21 international, from what I saw of him he looked pretty tidy, if a little lightweight. Surprised that Waterford let him go really, as they weren't exactly overburdened with good midfielders last year. City should push the boat out and go for Davey Mul though, class act.

Risteard
23/01/2008, 5:18 PM
Always thought he was decent but I wouldn'texactly call it pushing the boat out.
Hayes is a better player in the same mould from what I've seen.

Aaron
23/01/2008, 5:18 PM
See my transfer thread above and it will give all the players who left their clubs and are now free-agents

Rob_the_cat
23/01/2008, 5:24 PM
Always thought he was decent but I wouldn'texactly call it pushing the boat out.
Hayes is a better player in the same mould from what I've seen.

I suppose Davey wouldn't be in Joey Gambles league but he can cover several positions well, which any title chasing side could do with. Also his excellent work ethic would fit well with the Alan Matthews model. As for Hayes, he's alright, but not a patch on Kenny Browne. Although I'm pretty sure Waterford have the pair of them signed up long term.

blue til i die
23/01/2008, 5:43 PM
hayes has been much better this season, once he got over his injuries, outshone browne. and both have signed new deals.
and Stephen grant was released after breaching club rules.

Rob_the_cat
23/01/2008, 5:54 PM
Yeah Hayes looked alright from what I saw of him against the Dublin clubs last year. I remember when the pair of them were loaned out to City early in their careers, and Kenny looked like an outstanding prospect at that stage. I'm sure Waterford won't be in Division 1 very long now that they are committed to local players like those lads. Robbie Clarke's a top notch signing too.

daz22
23/01/2008, 8:31 PM
grant a good player.reason he left Waterford,was he had a huge fall out with the manager.hayes is a very good player but injury prone

feo123
23/01/2008, 9:24 PM
no interest at all for alan murphy no?

Rovers fan
23/01/2008, 9:36 PM
Heard somewhere that kendrick lad was signed by dwogs. not 100% on it tho!

yeah i think i heard that too

Den Perry
23/01/2008, 9:51 PM
There's a list of them on the PFAI website at http://www.pfai.ie/index.php?mod=one&id=16380&PHPSESSID=56847a60b948b139256e3cd23d2cefb0

The PFAI have compiled a list of players who wish it to be known that they are available and open to offers of employment. (Updated Wednesday 16 January 2008)

UPDATED PLAYERS LIST

PLAYER POSITION PREVIOUS CLUB
Steve Williams Goalkeeper Bray Wanderers
Aaron Shanahan Goalkeeper Kilkenny City
John McGuinness Goalkeeper Shamrock Rovers
Shane Dunphy Goalkeeper Wexford Youths
Stephen Cashen Goalkeeper Kilkenny City
Tadhg Murphy Goalkeeper Monahgan United
Eoghan O'Shea Defence Kilkenny City
Jim Sheridan Defence Athlone Town
William Tyrrell Defence Kilkenny City
Ian Rossiter Defence Athlone Town
Aidan Collins Defence Bohemians/Shelbourne
Ronan Frawley
Defence Athlone Town
Darren Young Defence Athlone Town
Joe Kendrick Defence Darlington
Damien Rushe Midfield Athlone Town
Colin Fortune Midfield Athlone Town
David Byrne Midfield Athlone Town
Alan Moore Midfield Derry City
John McNicholas Midfield Kilkenny City
Stephen Grant Midfield Kilkenny City
Brian Murphy Forward Kilkenny City
Alan Murphy Forward Galway United
David O'Dowd Forward
Athlone Town

COACH PREVIOUS CLUB
Mark Dempsey Shamrock Rovers

Grant is a lovely player, always makes time on the ball.
Other Kilkenny City players without a club I presume are Paraic Fogarty, Ted O'Connor, Derek Loughnane, Barry Ryan, Aron Ryan and Colin Bargary. I think Tim Kiely signed for Cork City...

stann
24/01/2008, 7:14 AM
Ex Ireland U21 international, from what I saw of him he looked pretty tidy, if a little lightweight. Surprised that Waterford let him go really, as they weren't exactly overburdened with good midfielders last year. City should push the boat out and go for Davey Mul though, class act.

Grant left very much under a cloud alright. Good player, very talented, but a shocking attitude. Very rare for a footballer, that. :D

amjl
24/01/2008, 8:41 AM

I think everyone has answered that 1 for for me & I concur.
He was Ex Ireland U21 international - Played & Scored at the Madiera tournament that they won.
He is not as lightweight as he looks. Made a good account of himself against Gamble & Healy in the FAI cup tie last year at the cross. Didn't look out of place.

Risteard
24/01/2008, 10:47 AM
He was Ex Ireland U21 international - Played & Scored at the Madiera tournament that they won.

Yes.
That's generally a very impressive indicator, especially in eL terms.
I thought that he might have been a potentiol City signing a while back.

Rocky77
24/01/2008, 10:52 AM
no interest at all for alan murphy no?

Aaron has been talking to him, apparently. Don't know where that will lead yet but he'd be a great signing if we could snare him.

ramsfan
24/01/2008, 12:38 PM
surprising he hasnt been snapped up he is agood player great prospect about 2 years seems to have gone stagnant in last season or so needs a good manager to build him up again, could a bargain buy so to speak for someone

amjl
24/01/2008, 12:51 PM
Grant left very much under a cloud alright. Good player, very talented, but a shocking attitude.

The next Georgie O'Callaghan perhaps!:p

gufct
24/01/2008, 12:54 PM
he has a very good job in Galway and also his wage demands would be fairly high. Very nice lad was excellent in his first stint in Galway but has been a huge dissappointment in the last 2 years where he just didnt seem interested.