PDA

View Full Version : tonights match

super rambler
14/06/2003, 10:18 PM
WHAT A GAME....WHAT A TEAM....COKER WHAT A LEGEND.. Great performance and great goal..every player was class..hopefully we will take off from here..what a team

COME ON RAMBLERS

J.C.A.C.
14/06/2003, 10:45 PM
coker's goal was brilliant finn harps couldnt handle him wat a player the season starts here

ramsie
14/06/2003, 11:00 PM
Good performance from ramblers tonight
Bruton was amazing ,
Coker excelent finish with his head
That new signing Paul Fenton from Nottingham Forest was unreal him and Bruton up front would be good
Kabia got man of the match

J.C.A.C.
14/06/2003, 11:13 PM
Fenton and Bruton up front???where will coker play?

ramsie
14/06/2003, 11:21 PM
well i suppose Coker and Fenton up front and willie Bruton playing behind them

RAMBLERS FOR PROMOTION

thecorner
15/06/2003, 7:09 AM
they get one win and suddenly they r world beaters

ramblers for promotion
:D
any more good jokes lads??????

J.C.A.C.
15/06/2003, 9:53 PM
if u saw da match against harps u would be saying da same thing if ramblers play half as well as that in da rest of the season they will be promoted.

A face
16/06/2003, 12:27 AM
Harps lose record

Cobh Ramblers 1-0 Finn Harps
The only unbeaten record in the eircom league went up in smoke as Cobh beat Finn Harps.

Harps had the chance to move four points clear of Bray at the top of the First Division but saw their unbeaten record shattered at St. Colman’s Park. Jonathon Coker scored the only goal of the game on 28 minutes as he headed in a cross from Willie Bruton.

Try as they might, Harps just could not find a way through the resolute Rambler defence with ‘keeper Phil Harrington in particularly impressive form.

Shane Bradley came closest to snatching a point for the visitors but his header was only kept out by the crossbar on 68 minutes and at the end Harrington denied him what looked like a sure goal.

Cobh Ramblers - Harrington, Wolfe, White, Kabia, Murphy, Cummins, Tynan, Yelverton (McGregor 69), Coker, Bruton (Fenton 87), Moore.

Finn Harps - Young, Alokuh, Minnock, Boyle, Bradley, Mohan, Kenny, Lloyd, Boyle, McHugh, Bonner (Crossan 83).

Referee - P Tuite (Dublin).

www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.elevenaside.com/first/story.asp?newsid=5953)

Rams-fan
16/06/2003, 12:01 PM
Just a point to note here. Although Willie and John played an excellent game. The Young central defender Darren Murphy played exceptionally well. He looked far more of a seasoned player than Kabs who played one of the best games I've seen him play.:)

Ramblers as a team looked more balanced and were more confident in their play, and a little part of the belief which they had last year began to shine through, unlike in the Kildare County game.;)

Also it has to be said they were a more discipline team. :)

Cool Rambler
16/06/2003, 12:38 PM
I agree that it was an outstanding performance and that Darren was the star of the night. It was a very committed performance from the whole team.

But I don't know what Ramsie saw in Bruton. Willie was obviously not fit and didn't figure in the game as much as he should. He was very disappointing in the way he was constantly getting caught offside and giving the possession back to Harps. Anyone who watches Willie carefully will know that he is seldom aware of the position of the last defender and makes it very easy to play him offside from a long ball. With his pace he should be careful to stay on and he would score a lot more goals with his breaking pace.

The most pleasing aspect of the game was the performance from Kabia. Jason had a great game. The centre half position seems to suit him and he swept well behind Darren's brilliant defensive work. He's come in for a lot of criticism but if he can keep his head and work as hard as he did on Saturday he could have a great season. Yelverton was class as usual.

Here's to a good run.:cool:

ramsie
16/06/2003, 5:16 PM
He was on form in the first half
i see where your comming from and that is why he came off in the last 10mins

ramblers
16/06/2003, 5:41 PM
Hi Guys,

A few things that helped the cause on Saturday night,

The pitch was a lot better then it has been in previous weeks it has come on a lot since the start of the season.

In Bray the week before they played good foot ball and were unlucky to not get a draw out of that match.

The Team are a lot fitter also if you look at the change in Midfield Jammers and David moore were excellent in the first half.

Coker was full of running all the Match stevie yelverton was full of his usual trickery.

The back 4 were awsome Wolfe,Kabia,Darren,Terry all legens on the night.

The season starts here,

super rambler
19/06/2003, 6:25 PM
Willie had a good game saturday night

J.C.A.C.
20/06/2003, 10:22 PM
He crossed it in for the goal

super rambler
25/06/2003, 10:22 PM
some cross too

bren
27/06/2003, 11:21 PM
Tynan had his best match so far .But he is not getting anough ball .Its no good having a talented winger if we dont supply him .
Is it true that Dolan wants to bring him back to Cork City .
---Pele .

ramsie
28/06/2003, 10:17 AM
Ya Tynan had a good game too i havent heard anything about Pat Dolan bringing him back to Cork City

bren
29/06/2003, 12:14 AM
Yes -that story is going around --City are running out of ideas on the wing .
By the way we will be spoiled for choice on Wed.Night .
Everybody is back and fit .
Will be interesting what team Dave will play .
Anybody out there like to pick their team .
Pele .

Rams-fan
30/06/2003, 7:45 AM
Tynan would be a bit of a blow if he left now. He seems to be settling in well and making himself a first choice player. Harps was the first game he really started to dominate the wing.:ball:

super rambler
09/07/2003, 5:42 PM
bren are you tony tynan or related to him in some way because in every message you manage to say something about him.hes a good player but you give him credit for things he dosent do

ramsie
09/07/2003, 9:09 PM
i was just going to say that Super Rambler

Éanna
09/07/2003, 9:31 PM
Originally posted by super rambler
bren are you tony tynan or related to him in some way because in every message you manage to say something about him.hes a good player but you give him credit for things he dosent do
there's a fella like that used to post in the city forum, doesn't post too much anymore. ye might see him around these parts.......

:D :D :D

steven17
10/07/2003, 12:06 PM
woh woh woh woh ............woh...... eanna dame right you`ll see me round here but my post this time are all ina just cause johnny is playing good footy at cobh and any praise or hammerings are going to be straight down the middle i`ll see ya next season

bren
13/07/2003, 7:44 PM
To Super Rambler and Ramsie
No i am not Tony Tynan or related to him .iF YOU READ the messages i submit i comment on other players and matches also .
But i make no excuses for being a T.T fan .-----now down to more serious stuff.
Iwas behind the Cobh goal in the second half against Limrick and the display by Harrington was absolutely the worst i have ever seen .---And the worst aspect he is upsetting all the lads around him .It was appalling his comments to Andrews .---he has had a go now at nearly ever player in the past few weeks ---and it is not constructive in any way .
He clearly is not fit and it is very irresponsible of Hill to play him .-----the same can be said of Kabia ----if they are replaced we stand a good chance of beating Dublin CITY .By the way i hear Slatts is flying in training .
Pele

ramsie
13/07/2003, 10:03 PM
well harrington has his good games and his bad games
i didnt see the Limerick
i agree that Kabia should not be playing i reckon if he didnt play last year and we had a better keeper we could of got promoted
you can only blame Dave Hill for playing Kabia