PDA

View Full Version : Tottenham vs Arsenal Carling Cup 1/2 Final 2nd Leg

danonion
22/01/2008, 7:33 PM
I don't show my english club supporting colours much on these boards but we're going to Wembley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jebus
22/01/2008, 7:51 PM
I don't show my english club supporting colours much on these boards but we're going to Wembley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, the one person who cares about the Carling Cup in the entire world posts on Foot!!

feo123
22/01/2008, 7:57 PM
the carling cup is growing every year imo, especially when it gets to the last 16 or 8.
its sometimes far better to watch than the FA cup imo

sligoman
22/01/2008, 7:59 PM
Great game so far anyway. Come on Spurs!:)

sligoman
22/01/2008, 8:02 PM
3-0. Cracker from Keane:)

micls
22/01/2008, 8:04 PM
3-0. Cracker from Keane:)

Struck it well but keeper really should have gotten a stronger hand to it.

Good move though

sligoman
22/01/2008, 8:14 PM
4-0 now with Lennon's goal. Great counter attacking football by Spurs, hope they go on to win the cup.

danonion
22/01/2008, 8:19 PM
What a game Lennon is having!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pete
22/01/2008, 8:52 PM
5-1 fulltime. Great way to beat the long long bad run.

:D

Stuttgart88
22/01/2008, 9:47 PM
I thought Berbatov did brilliantly for Robbie's goal and his assist :)

They just can't stop creaming themselves over Berbatov yet Robbie did the business for them yet again. Roberto Keanov might be better appreciated.

I've never rated Jenas but thought he was very good. Ramos has Spurs miles fitter than before and it's paying dividends.

I'll never tire at looking at Hleb's footwork though.

drummerboy
22/01/2008, 9:50 PM
Keane had another great game, closing in on goal number 200 already. COYS

cheifo
22/01/2008, 11:03 PM
I will have me Spurs supporting mucker on to give me abuse tomorrow.Oh well its not as bad as losing to Derry and I am actually delighted for Robbie.
It would be nice to see him do well on telly against Man U on Sunday.Good pass for Lennons goal as well.

NeilMcD
22/01/2008, 11:58 PM
Good game but Spurs are still a long way off Arsenal in terms of squad etc but Ramos is doing a steady job there so far and seems to be building on the good work that Jol did also. Jenas was great tonight and he is usually a player that just lets the game pass him by. Jenas, Keane Dawson and Lennon were the best I thought.

Sligo Hornet
23/01/2008, 6:03 AM
Since his return from the long term injury, Ledley King has been outstanding...........even better than he was before! It must be great for the Spurs midfielders to know that even if they make a mistake they have someone of his calibre to pick up the pieces......well done Ledley, and Spurs!

reder
23/01/2008, 8:24 AM

Phew! Was expecting a post from some loon complaing about the number of irish flags in the crowd. Seemed to be a few in each stand.

Delighted for Spurs, hope they go on and win it now. Awful to see Arsenal fans walking out with 25 mins to go.

drinkfeckarse
23/01/2008, 8:27 AM
I'm glad Spurs got to the final. I think I'd almost like Everton to get through as well tonight. It would make a refreshing change to have 2 teams outwith the traditional top 4 contesting a final.

Stuttgart88
23/01/2008, 9:08 AM
I'm an Arsenal fan and I agree. Martin Samuel in The Times said that it would be bad if Arsenal got to the final as they were the only one of the semi finalists that actually don't care about the tournament. Even Chelsea field their best players. (Edit - just read that Avram Grant doesn't give a a sh1t about it!)

Good luck Spurs, I hope Robbie scores at Wembley and wins a medal, preferably outshining Berbatov in the process. Has he won anything anywhere yet?

OwlsFan
23/01/2008, 9:16 AM
Delighted that Arsenal got what they deserved. A stuffing! Fielding a weakened side is a semi-final :rolleyes: I enjoyed watching Wenger squirm and Robbie playing really well.

NeilMcD
23/01/2008, 9:40 AM
As far as I know this would be Keanes first final and winners medal if they win. He deserves a winners medal for his form over the last few years.

shakermaker1982
23/01/2008, 10:00 AM
what happened between Adebayor and his strike partner? Did they come to blows?

reder
23/01/2008, 10:05 AM
I think I'd almost like Everton to get through as well tonight.

No you wouldnt! Trust me, Everton getting to a cup final of any sort is the last thing the world needs.

NeilMcD
23/01/2008, 10:35 AM
I hope Everton make it. Great club, great fans and great atmosphere at the ground. I like David Moyes and also Lee Carsley plays for them and nobody Irish plays for Chelsea.

Stuttgart88
23/01/2008, 11:10 AM
Agree. Come on Reder, you may be a red but Chelsea over Everton?

superfrank
23/01/2008, 11:35 AM
AFAIK, Robbie Keane won a Supercoppa with Inter in one of the few games he played for them.

I hope Chelsea finish off Everton tonight and then destroy Spurs in the final. The Chelsea fans who have been around for more than five years always want to win any trophy they can.

cheifo
23/01/2008, 11:35 AM
My mate who is a season ticket holder at Spurs(and is English) insists Robbie is on the brink of "World class status".Of course he is getting carried away but
reckons he is the darling of the fans because of his commitment to the club.
Is there an Irish player playing better at the moment?Apart from Richard Dunne, proably not.

WoodquayBoy
23/01/2008, 11:36 AM
Don't the Carling Cup winners get a UEFA spot? Will posibly be Spurs only chance of getting into Europe, and I for one hope they make it. Great to see Ar.sehole Wa.nker suffer a stuffing, even if he didn't have the decency to be magnaminous about it afterwards, claiming the result didn't count as he had fielded a weakened team. Git

NeilMcD
23/01/2008, 11:44 AM
They may also win the Uefa Cup which would get them into Europe

Donegalred
23/01/2008, 12:08 PM
My mate who is a season ticket holder at Spurs(and is English) insists Robbie is on the brink of "World class status".Of course he is getting carried away but
reckons he is the darling of the fans because of his commitment to the club.
Is there an Irish player playing better at the moment?Apart from Richard Dunne, proably not.

No Robbie is tops at the moment. Fair play to him. When you consider what Finnan said about Ireland not having the players to compete with other nations it makes you wonder. I mean Keane, Dunne, Doyle, Ireland, Hunt, McGeady are all having super seasons

gaiscĂ­och
23/01/2008, 12:21 PM
No Robbie is tops at the moment. Fair play to him. When you consider what Finnan said about Ireland not having the players to compete with other nations it makes you wonder. I mean Keane, Dunne, Doyle, Ireland, Hunt, McGeady are all having super seasons

One defender one midfielder and three attackers if only it was five-a-side:confused: we would win the 5-a-side world cup no bother -- if it was box soccer. Back on topic. Spurs were awesome Wenger got his selection all wrong, not from a point of view of who he played, more where he played them. Hoyte centre back???? Gilberto and Gallas would have done far better, with Hoyte right mid, pushing the fantastic Hleb into the middle. Congrats to Robbie he seems to play well when the fans are behind him 100%.

WoodquayBoy
23/01/2008, 12:39 PM
They may also win the Uefa Cup which would get them into Europe

There is that, sorry

DmanDmythDledge
23/01/2008, 12:48 PM
what happened between Adebayor and his strike partner? Did they come to blows?
Adebayor apparantly head butted Bendtner. Wenger claims "I did not know anything about it. I didn't see it." Some things never change, even though Gallas was beside them when the incident happened.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7204144.stm

reder
23/01/2008, 1:26 PM
Agree. Come on Reder, you may be a red but Chelsea over Everton?

Its a toughie but wanting Everton to win feels just plain wrong. The same is the case for Chelsea.

Keane - Playing really well for Spurs. Form for Ireland has been well ...... not the best.

Doyle - Not a fraction of the player he was last season.

Ireland - He really wants to play for Ireland of course!! :rolleyes:

Hunt - A decent player who will give you 100%.

McGeady - International football is a level too far. Plays well is the dog and duck league and has the odd (very rare) flash of brilliance in the CL.

Stuttgart88
23/01/2008, 1:39 PM
McGeady - International football is a level too far. Plays well is the dog and duck league and has the odd (very rare) flash of brilliance in the CL.And is only 20.

cheifo
23/01/2008, 1:54 PM
Have to say that Berbatov, when on form is the most excting player in the PL.That pass to Robbie was astounding.

EAFC_rdfl
23/01/2008, 2:13 PM
And is only 20.

21 but your right, give the lad some credit, a better player than benayoun surely!

Stuttgart88
23/01/2008, 2:29 PM
That pass to Robbie was astounding.For the goal? Wasn't that Lennon?

I thought Robbie skinning Gallas in the first half was quality.

Angus
23/01/2008, 3:09 PM
Have to say that arsenal really looked ropey.

Not because of the result but they were second to every ball, where they are normally first and Fabregas looked jaded.

If this was the tru arsenal they have problems - Spurs played out of their skin and arsenal wont get done 5-1 again but they did look a step behind their normal pace

NeilMcD
23/01/2008, 3:13 PM
I have seen Spurs on the TV a good few times this season and I would say that Keane has been far better than Berbatov on a week by week basis. Keane has been outstanding this season whereas Berbatov turns it on sometimes and sometimes he is not bothered. Keane has been a great character and player for Spurs.

sligoman
23/01/2008, 6:02 PM
I mean Keane, Dunne, Doyle, Ireland, Hunt, McGeady are all having super seasonsKeane only plays well for Spurs, not his country. Also, Stephen Ireland doesn't play for his country at the moment, only Man City.

Finnan is right.

danonion
24/01/2008, 1:00 AM
Wow, the one person who cares about the Carling Cup in the entire world posts on Foot!!

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/01/23/why_everton_or_spurs_must_win.html

cheifo
24/01/2008, 1:51 AM
For the goal? Wasn't that Lennon?

I thought Robbie skinning Gallas in the first half was quality.

Yes just seen it again it was indeed Lennon.Wenger needs to work hs magic to prevent the season being dominated by Man U and an increasingly confident looking Chelsea.The gunners are too reliant on Fabregas who is looking a tad jaded recently.

Stuttgart88
24/01/2008, 9:28 AM
Goals from midfield have dried up for Arsenal. Anyone who wins the league has at least one midfielder scoring a dozen or more goals a season.

Hleb and Febregas were on the scoresheet frequently at the start of the season. Rosicky needs to get a few more and Van Persie is missed.