PDA

View Full Version : City -v- UCD

@ndy
13/06/2003, 8:56 AM
Never mind this small scale encounter...has the pitch been booked for 4pm saturday (as per colm outside lansdowne before the albania match's suggestion)?

If so...lets get ready to rumble...

Can the 451 boys reclaim glory on home soil?

Last time out a last minute winner from a certain A Wilson made it STIG 5 - 451 4, forfar five east fife four!

COME ON YOU BOYS IN BLUE!

a

James
13/06/2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by @ndy
Never mind this small scale encounter...has the pitch been booked for 4pm saturday (as per colm outside lansdowne before the albania match's suggestion)?

colm wasnt outside landsdowne or even inside landsdowne for the albania match
what u onabout at NDY ??

anyways i thougt the match had an earlier KO..circa 2pm

fonzi
13/06/2003, 10:39 AM
A BIG PLEA TO CORK CITY F.C.:
please, oh please win tonight.
please please win tonight and were back in there shouting for something much better than our current drought has led us to believe.
please, please city do us a favour.

@ndy
13/06/2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by James
colm wasnt outside landsdowne or even inside landsdowne for the albania match
what u onabout at NDY ??

Eh...oh i'm terrible with names. In Nancy's last year with me and schumi, there was you and the sound lad i thought was colm? I'm obviously wrong. Please correct me and i shall make sincere apologies thereafter :)

Ref
13/06/2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by James
anyways i thougt the match had an earlier KO..circa 2pm

ah lads pay attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and again...

The next match:

PITCH IS BOOKED FOR CORK CITY V UCD
Saturday 14th June
Leisureworld, Bishopstown
2:30pm kick off sharp.

Cork City
James
Colm
Ruairi
Eanna
GWA
SOCcfc
Neil

Mgr: Joe

U.C.D.
pineapple stu
schumi
@ndy
Aberdonian Stu
Bald Student

Player mgr: pineapple stu

Referee: ref

5 v 5 at all times.

And as you might have guessed by the colours above, Cork City will wear green, UCD will wear blue.

@ndy
13/06/2003, 12:47 PM
Oh...we've a weak squad. I'll try and pick up a drifter or two...anyone get Kevin Grogan's number :P

:)

SÓC
13/06/2003, 2:52 PM
Hehe Im also working on the mind games for the fans match, the UCD defence will be put off by my fiendish plan, all to be revealed on Saturday;)

James I'll also bring the Magic gloves, that doesnt mean you are automatically going to get to wear them of course!

fonzi
13/06/2003, 3:10 PM
cunning.
cunning as always SOCcfc.
The opposition will be comlealy helpless to youre, I'm sure, very cunning cunninality and they will kneel down before you and swear allegance to the master of cunningess!ha ha!

pineapple stu
14/06/2003, 2:17 AM
Originally posted by razor
On current form UCD must be favourites for tonight.

We couldn't bate our way out of a paper bag.

Have you seen us lately?!?!

Suppose you have by now. Bring on that wet paper bag - might be good for a draw...:( :(

Schumi
14/06/2003, 2:19 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Hehe Im also working on the mind games for the fans match, the UCD defence will be put off by my fiendish plan, all to be revealed on Saturday;) Is the plan to point and shout "Oh look over there!"?

Ref
14/06/2003, 3:21 PM
Cork City 11 - 3 U.C.D

1 - 0 ruairi
2 - 0 colm
3 - 0 ruairi
4 - 0 GWA
5 - 0 GWA
5 - 1 pineapple stu
5 - 2 @ndy
6 - 2 ruairi
7 - 2 ruairi
7 - 3 pineapple stu
8 - 3 colm
9 - 3 ruairi
10 - 3 eanna
11 - 3 colm

the match eventually got played as UCD took to the pitch a whopping 22 minutes late. so late were they that joe and eanna had to pick them up from Centra on thre Curraheen Rd.

anyway, the game was just a little one sided as the effects of the previous night were taking their toll on the UCD team.

some of the cork city team had been perfecting their skills and organising team tactics with the use of a Pringles can in the early hours of the morning and you could see the effect it had because once they started scoring goals they just couldn't stop!

the substitutions by the city team giving every player a break while the students played through the sweltering heat with just the five.

SOCcfc very kindly went over to the college team as their fifth man when one of their players limped out to keep the teams level, well numbers wise anyway.

i'll give ruairi man of the match cos he scored loadsa goals.

@ndy tried hard for the students but eh pitch, drink, ball, sun, heat, drink.......

next match is Cork City v Longford

:cool:

Ruairi
14/06/2003, 6:01 PM
Originally posted by Ref
[B].

i'll give ruairi man of the match cos he scored loadsa goals.

Nice one fella :)

Though the biggest shock of the day was GWA actually getting 2 shots on target, let alone two goals...

Gary
15/06/2003, 12:14 PM
Easy win. Too easy in fact. God only knows what the score would have been had UCD arrived on time!

2 goals as well. fúckinell. Must have been something in the water. Foirst one was something of a rocket as well i might add!

pineapple stu
15/06/2003, 12:24 PM
Jayz - 5-4 to 3-11 in the space of a couple of months - shows the value of a couple of subs...

And we blame the lousy Cork bus service on us being late!:p

Bit of craic though, even if the heat was something else. Devious Cork b@st@rds hid a bottle of boiling water in their goal - nearly puked after drinking from it!

Shows the strength of our team when our keeper was our top scorer! But sure we'll be back for the return match on home soil - hopefully make it three wins from four then!

pineapple stu
15/06/2003, 12:26 PM
Bit of consolation in that we won the Pringles match 7-3 with three players to Cork's four - match abandoned due to approaching Garda!;)

Colm
15/06/2003, 4:45 PM
Lads we should have hammered ye up in Belfield on Good Friday but lost out to a late goal. So yesterday justice was done when we tore ye to pieces. :)

I think it's kinda hilarious the way I scored as many goals as the lot of ye put together did and Ruairi nearly doubled it!:)

Anyway lads, twas an enjoyable game and we shall look forward giving ye another hammering next time we're playing ye.:D

Schumi
17/06/2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Hehe Im also working on the mind games for the fans match, the UCD defence will be put off by my fiendish plan, all to be revealed on Saturday;) Now I know what the plan was: to play on a dodgy surface and injure me!

Éanna
17/06/2003, 6:24 PM
Originally posted by Ref
Cork City 11 - 3 U.C.D

1 - 0 ruairi
2 - 0 colm
3 - 0 ruairi
4 - 0 GWA
5 - 0 GWA
5 - 1 pineapple stu
5 - 2 @ndy
6 - 2 ruairi
7 - 2 ruairi
7 - 3 pineapple stu
8 - 3 colm
9 - 3 ruairi
10 - 3 eanna
11 - 3 colm

but I got 2!!!!!!! there'l be action taken over this blatant thievery of one of my goals, if i can remember who it was :)

pineapple stu
17/06/2003, 6:52 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
but I got 2!!!!!!! there'l be action taken over this blatant thievery of one of my goals, if i can remember who it was :)
Technically, you deflected my first-time-left-foot-over-my-shoulder shot away from the cornerflag and into the net!:D

I'll claim that one off you if it makes you feel better!

Ref
20/06/2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

no sorry. i'm never wrong.

except that last time where i got the score wrong....

Éanna
21/06/2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Ref
no sorry. i'm never wrong.

except that last time where i got the score wrong....

:D I'll be speaking to the assessor...........