PDA

View Full Version : 3 points in the bag

Counting Crow
13/06/2003, 10:29 PM
OK, it wasn't a classic. But they did what they had to do and it was more important to win tonight than screw up playing fancy football.

There were some really good and solid performances tonight.

Starting with Devine - he made a couple of wonderful saves particularly in the second half.

Dan the man was so good. He is probably the best center half City have ever had.

Woodsie seems to have found his Holy Grail @ left back. He did really well also and seems to be enjoying himself more.

I thought the back four in general looked solid - they did have a few scary moment but by and large did OK and kept another clean sheet.

Colin plaed well and worked his socks off - it is obvious though that certral midfield is not his position. There were a couple of times when he was caught out of position.

Greg was quiter than normal.

I thought George and Flynny have had more explosive nights but as with Colin they worked hard and deserved to get the win - George needs to watch his temper. He was lucky not to get a red ( especially with that to$$ pot of a ref ).

The young Murray who came on looked a good player ( I was impressed with him playing for the U-21's last year ) - another gem.

It's a tight League.
We're in 4th position.
The Dubs are playing havoc with one another taking points from each other all over the shop.
With home record still as good as ever and our away improving - who knows.

The dream lives on.

Roll on Monday night.

thecorner
14/06/2003, 12:22 AM
all i say is
CROW UR HOME EARLY
but on a serious note ur right

tiktok
14/06/2003, 1:47 AM
yeah, i agree that getting back to winning ways was the main thing, nice that they kept a clean sheet, the defence is starting to have a solid look about it. fair play to flynny back from the u21 and straight back scoring. i'd be a tiny bit worried about the chopping and changing of the team (and playing out of position), hope it doesn't unsettle the lads.

bohs drawing with longford surprised me a little, i think they're going to kick into form eventually, but with european distraction on the way they could find themselves adrift soon. waterford continue to impress me, i still can't see them lasting in the european places but they're doing themselves proud. rovers are looking more and more threatening, after a poor start to the campaign they are getting better and better. once we can keep in there while the dubs take points off each other though all goes well. need to string a run of form together now though.

Schumi
14/06/2003, 2:24 AM
Pathetic. Neither of those teams deserve a place in the premier division. That was our worst display of the season and Cork were barely better than us.

Colm
14/06/2003, 2:27 AM
Originally posted by Schumi
Neither of those teams deserve a place in the premier division.

Speak for yourselves!

pineapple stu
14/06/2003, 3:16 AM
Originally posted by Colm
Speak for yourselves!

So youz were happy with that?!?! :confused: :eek:

patsh
14/06/2003, 2:21 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
So youz were happy with that?!?! :confused: :eek:
No City fan was happy with the performance last night, but we certainly know we belong in the Premier division.
Two of ye have said that it was sh*te last night, but if ye had won the same game 1 - 0, ye be very happy with the three points, wouldn't ye?
We know we are playing sh*te, we have had a terrible run, yet we are only 4 points off the lead. We will have one or two new players when the league resumes (we hope !), so we have got to be happy that we are still in there.

@ndy
15/06/2003, 7:56 PM
Originally posted by patsh
if ye had won the same game 1 - 0, ye be very happy with the three points, wouldn't ye?

Depends. If we'd scored the winner while i was on the grassy knoll i reckon i'd be walking around with a telescopic flag pole up me @rse!