PDA

View Full Version : Simon Webb

Theskinloyal
21/01/2008, 5:32 PM
Just read in The Irish Times that hes not going back to Drogs and has decided his future lies in Brazil. Didn't say anything about football.

Wtf?

micls
21/01/2008, 5:37 PM
Just read in The Irish Times that hes not going back to Drogs and has decided his future lies in Brazil. Didn't say anything about football.

Wtf?

The lad obviously needs a clean break and a fresh start. Good luck to him

LeixlipRed
21/01/2008, 5:41 PM
After the tragedy of losing his wife and that unsavoury incident involving a tiny minority of Rovers fans last season you can hardly blame him. Great player. Best left full in the league imo and I hope wherever he goes he does well for himself

deecay
21/01/2008, 7:12 PM
Never liked him as a player,used his elbows far to much.Thats bad what the few Shams ''fans'' were at,it takes balls to do what hes doing so I respect that

DvB
21/01/2008, 7:21 PM
Fan!! ie singular, not 'Fans' as in more than one. Lets not exaggerate for once on here.

Best of luck to Webb, hope he finds what he's looking for in his life, i know he deserves to after losing his wife the way he did.

Koh

deecay
21/01/2008, 11:03 PM
I do understand the english language,dont associate me with anyone who exaggerates on this forum

Billy Lord
21/01/2008, 11:11 PM
I do understand the english language,dont associate me with anyone who exaggerates on this forum

But you exaggerated by using the plural.

Risteard
22/01/2008, 1:15 AM
Never liked him as a player,used his elbows far to much.Thats bad what the few Shams ''fans'' were at,it takes balls to do what hes doing so I respect that
Live in Rio?:eek:

A top player.
Good luck to him.

Block G Raptor
22/01/2008, 8:49 AM
After the tragedy of losing his wife and that

Jesus how did I miss that ? himself and the missus where regulars in UCi blanch when i worked there about 4 years ago, she was lovely (looking and nice to talk to) never had a prob when i used to chat to simon for ages making them miss half the movie

SunderlandBohs
22/01/2008, 9:55 AM
He's a top bloke. He still has a lot to offer any team in the league. I can't understand what he is going thru, (and hope I never have to) maybe he realises there is more to live than football. Best of luck to him.

dcfc_1928
22/01/2008, 10:01 AM
Best of luck to him.

WoodquayBoy
22/01/2008, 10:18 AM
A great player who has taken a brave decision. He is a big loss to the league, please God he can start getting his life back together after the tragedy of losing his wife

iceman
22/01/2008, 10:29 AM
Best of luck to him , after what he has been through recently (losing his wife to cancer , scary chest pains during a match) it kind of puts football in perspective. Enjoy Brazil.

Denis The Red
22/01/2008, 10:43 AM
All the best to Simon, whatever he decides to do.

AustinoAsprilla
22/01/2008, 12:28 PM
Cheers Simon. All the best for the future...

LeixlipRed
22/01/2008, 4:01 PM
Jesus how did I miss that ? himself and the missus where regulars in UCi blanch when i worked there about 4 years ago, she was lovely (looking and nice to talk to) never had a prob when i used to chat to simon for ages making them miss half the movie

How did you miss that? It even made our national broadcaster's airwaves. Always had time for him. Even with the Bohs connection

Block G Raptor
23/01/2008, 3:43 PM
How did you miss that? It even made our national broadcaster's airwaves. Always had time for him. Even with the Bohs connection

Don't know it must have been around that time I got a bargain 2 weeks on mars
on Aertel at the last minute

sadloserkid
23/01/2008, 3:49 PM
Top lad and a fine player. Hope he finds some peace of mind out there. Best of luck to him.

all drogged up
24/01/2008, 9:36 PM
just saw it on elevenaside.com today. Nothing on Drogs website yet. apparently Doolo has been speaking to him but only on the phone. Think the club might be hoping he'll come back and are leaving door open but latest signning shows doolo planning without him - cos he has to not cos he wants to, I imagine.

He had been involved in training our under21s I think so thought he might even hang about for coaching badges etc.

Great player - will be missed, suited the counterattack so much.

LeixlipRed
24/01/2008, 10:38 PM
Hopefully he'll be back playing in the league at some stage. Would love to see him turn out for Shels

LukeO
24/01/2008, 11:51 PM
Would love to see him turn out for Shels

Ah come on now, let's not be silly.

LeixlipRed
25/01/2008, 12:33 AM
Promotion this season while he finds himself in Brazil and we'll sign him next year :D

DUFC4life
26/01/2008, 10:38 PM
great player. most consistent drogheda player over the last 3 seasons in my opinion. good luck to him.