PDA

View Full Version : Ireland fans not be ripped off accoring to T'O'D

NeilMcD
18/01/2008, 1:29 PM
from www.rte.ie

Because of that every little detail counts. Little victories, even in fixtures negotiation, mean a lot. The FAI insisted that Irish fans will not be ripped off at away venues, as has happened in the past and so the ticket price must be the same for both sets of fans. For those who travel and get behind the boys in green that's important as is the fact that none of the countries we visit should be too hot, or too cold, when we get there.

gspain
18/01/2008, 2:14 PM
Hint small island in the Med charging visiting fans 3-4 times the home fans.

This is actually contrary to UEFA rules anyway. Wales even did it to us.

reder
18/01/2008, 3:36 PM
This is actually contrary to UEFA rules anyway. Wales even did it to us.

Wales charged us the sterling equivalent of what we charged them. We charged them the same prices of the home tickets for temporary seats miles away from the pitch.

Bald Student
18/01/2008, 3:58 PM
Wales and the like have no excuse but there's nothing wrong with an association in eastern europe charging a lower rate to their home fans.

Schumi
18/01/2008, 4:38 PM
We charged them the same prices of the home tickets for temporary seats miles away from the pitch.Are they any further from the pitch than seats down the other end? It doesn't look like they are.

pineapple stu
18/01/2008, 8:57 PM
Little victories, even in fixtures negotiation, mean a lot. The FAI insisted that Irish fans will not be ripped off at away venues, as has happened in the past and so the ticket price must be the same for both sets of fans.
But it's ok for the FAI to rip us off by arranging Georgia and Montenegro away in the space of five days?

Bondvillain
19/01/2008, 4:57 PM
As my seat in Croke Park seemingly puts me geographically in another country to the one that the pitch is in, do I qualify for lower away fan rates?

NeilMcD
20/01/2008, 3:31 PM
But it's ok for the FAI to rip us off by arranging Georgia and Montenegro away in the space of five days?

To be fair I enjoyed booking this one and cant wait for the trip. To me its not more expensive than if they were on different dates. Double headers generally means you can get it all over and done with on one trip. Dublin, Riga Tiblisi, Talinn, Dubrovnik, Montenegro and Dubrovnik, to me that is the stuff of dreams for and Ireland trip.

Sligo Hornet
21/01/2008, 6:16 AM
To be fair I enjoyed booking this one and cant wait for the trip. To me its not more expensive than if they were on different dates. Double headers generally means you can get it all over and done with on one trip. Dublin, Riga Tiblisi, Talinn, Dubrovnik, Montenegro and Dubrovnik, to me that is the stuff of dreams for and Ireland trip.

Neil...you forgot the Stansted leg....you know the one when you're in the airport with 3000 Engerrrlund fans waiting to fly to Croatia!.....don't forget to wear your Green shirt!:D

Dr. Ogba
21/01/2008, 8:24 AM
from www.rte.ie

Because of that every little detail counts. Little victories, even in fixtures negotiation, mean a lot. The FAI insisted that Irish fans will not be ripped off at away venues, as has happened in the past and so the ticket price must be the same for both sets of fans. For those who travel and get behind the boys in green that's important as is the fact that none of the countries we visit should be too hot, or too cold, when we get there.

thats really nice of them...now if they could do something about not ripping off Irish fans at home matches then that would be swell...

NeilMcD
21/01/2008, 9:20 AM
Neil...you forgot the Stansted leg....you know the one when you're in the airport with 3000 Engerrrlund fans waiting to fly to Croatia!.....don't forget to wear your Green shirt!:D

I have ditched that one flying via Talinn, took aidz advice.

boovidge
23/01/2008, 3:13 PM

Wear the 2nd shirt and hope they don't notice? :D