PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 22nd Jan: D-Day?

The Bit O'Red
18/01/2008, 12:05 PM
Can anybody please tell me why the print and TV media are all saying that the next Ireland Manager will be announced on Tuesday, where's this coming from? I haven't seen anything to suggest that this is the case, could possibly run on into February.

Paulie
18/01/2008, 12:09 PM
As far as I know there is an FAI board meeting on the 22nd so the media are speculating that the appointment of our new manager will be ratified at this meeting. As far as I can see the media and bookies know nothing more definite on who will be the new manager than we do.

tetsujin1979
18/01/2008, 12:14 PM
It's the date of the FAI AGM. Hopefully the 3 wise men will have finished all interviews by that point, and will present their candidate for the job.
And then Delaney will overrule them and appoint Venables anyway.

The friendly against Brazil is 15 days from the AGM, if a new manager is announced, when will the squad announcement be made? Usually it's a the friday week before the game, which would put the announcement on the 25th. Is the following friday, i.e. 5 days before the game, too late?

The Bit O'Red
18/01/2008, 12:23 PM
Personally, I don't see any need to have a new manager in place for the Brazil game, can't see it making much difference either way.

Only thing is that the FAI may see it as a good opportunity to present a new manager to the fans, full house at Croker (hopefully) etc.

Stuttgart88
18/01/2008, 12:33 PM
There's nothing to stop Givens picking the squad with the new man coming in before the game.

hamburg paul
18/01/2008, 7:27 PM
There's nothing to stop Givens picking the squad with the new man coming in before the game.
The man should buy himself a pair of slippers ,a pipe put his feet up and f..king retire !:)