PDA

View Full Version : If your team were a band/singer

Theskinloyal
17/01/2008, 7:55 PM
If your team were a band/singer who would they be?

EG Manchester United = U2. Man Yoo constantly claim they are the biggest team in the world, U2 constantly claim they are the biggest band in the world.

Heres a few I've thought of:

Shels = Britney Spears.

Used to be really big and loaded, then all went to **** with some bad financial and professional decisions, now broke and have a bleak future.

Bohs = Coldplay

Both have a big following, but neither are actually nearly as good or as important as they THINK they are.

Rovers = The Rolling Stones

Used to be the kings but haven't done anything decent since the 80s.

UCD = The Dropkick Murphys

Lots of talent but will never get the following they deserve.

St Pats = Babyshambles

Claims of talent will never make up for the fact that they have a few junkies on board.

Cork = The Pogues

The way they talk about themselves you'd swear they've been around since the 19th century, but really it's just since the 80s.

What others can yous think of???

Risteard
17/01/2008, 8:40 PM
Britney Spears ain't broke.
In fact she's more like Cork City.
Aesthetically pleasing to the eye, conceived in a Shed way down south in the early 80s, Dolan dream lasted barely 55 hours, Rico finally seemed like the one but split and now it appears our brightest sons, our very future have been plucked away to different shores. All we're left with is a frustrating court case, and the indignity of everyone knowing we've been RRS the past two years.

Keen2win
20/01/2008, 1:25 PM
Athlone would be Samantha Mumba... Used to be all right but then something went terribly wrong :D;)

ramsfan
21/01/2008, 6:51 AM
cobh ramblers would be like a showband, been around along time, everybody has heard of us but struggle to make it big;)

The Man Himself
21/01/2008, 6:16 PM
kilkenny = miami showband
both were shot to pieces.

6yardpunisha
21/01/2008, 6:18 PM

harsh but funny:D

sligoman
21/01/2008, 6:31 PM
Longford Town would be Declan Nerney, he's a fan (http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/sligoman/CIMG1360.jpg):).

sniffa
21/01/2008, 7:11 PM
Kildare County would be Dolly Parton, everything looks good upfront but very little happening elsewhere!!!!

pól-dcfc
21/01/2008, 8:17 PM

Have to admit I laughed, but thats an disgraceful thing to say! Just finished reading the guy who survived the bombing's book (forget his name, but he was the bassist). Unbelievable incident.

Lim till i die
21/01/2008, 8:30 PM
Limerick would be The All American Rejects :)

gael353
21/01/2008, 11:29 PM
Limerick would be The All American Rejects :)

guns n roses, every tour/season a massive soap opera, tons of fans longing for their return to big time stardum

BohsPartisan
21/01/2008, 11:32 PM
Bohs would be The Style Council. Genius inherent but sometimes we make some very ill advised moves.

Sheridan
21/01/2008, 11:42 PM
Michael Hutchence: No-one liked it and now it's dead. :(

eelmonster
21/01/2008, 11:53 PM
Have to admit I laughed, but thats an disgraceful thing to say!

I felt like vomiting to be honest, what a cretinous thing to say.

Dunny
22/01/2008, 12:23 AM
I felt like vomiting to be honest, what a cretinous thing to say.

Is that not a far-fetched feeling?..Talk is cheap;) But yes it was a disgraceful thing to say.

Rocky77
22/01/2008, 2:40 PM
Longford Town would be the Sex Pistols:

Enjoyed a short-lived and unprecedented success despite not always finding universal approval with the purists. Poor handling behind the scenes saw it all fall to pieces.

noby
22/01/2008, 3:12 PM
Longford Town would be the Sex Pistols:

Enjoyed a short-lived and unprecedented success despite not always finding universal approval with the purists. Poor handling behind the scenes saw it all fall to pieces.

A less kind person might make some snide remark about half of them not being able to play, but oh no, not me.

Rocky77
22/01/2008, 3:52 PM
A less kind person might make some snide remark about half of them not being able to play, but oh no, not me.

You're good taste and manners are a credit to you! However, only one of the band — and he wasn't an original member — couldn't play so that's less than half, even if you discount Johnny Rotten who wasn't a musician.

noby
22/01/2008, 7:13 PM
Touché indeed.

Flawless
22/01/2008, 11:30 PM
Dundalk - The Corrs

Just cant seem to get back to the Glory Days!! (and they're local!!!)

Dunny
23/01/2008, 12:13 AM
Dundalk - The Corrs

Nice one Flawless!:)

Paraic
23/01/2008, 9:47 AM
Dundalk - The Corrs

Nah nah - got to be Daivid Bowie:

Class in the 60s and 70s, some major quality in the 80s and the odd return to form in the 90s and early 00s - now in decline but still capable of a bit of magic

Bary Kehoe for EL legends anyone?

pixiehead
23/01/2008, 10:39 AM
Galway United = The saw Doctors
Westerners with a following primarily in Galway and Mayo !!

Dr.Nightdub
23/01/2008, 11:48 PM
Pats = Primal Scream. Loaded.
Rovers = Gwen Guthrie. Ain't Nothing Going On But The Rent.
Rovers' stadium = The Sex Pistols. Pretty Vacant.
Bohs (1) = The Clash. Lost In The Supermarket Legal Proceedings.
Bohs (2) = Sham 69. We're Going Down The Pub (To Smash It Up)
Shels = The Smiths. Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now.
Drogs = Abba. Money Money Money.
Galway = Michael Jackson. Smooth Criminal.

Cork would've been a shoo-in for Kirsty McColl (There's A Man Works Down The Chip Shop) but they blew it...

Dricky
24/01/2008, 9:43 AM
Cork City I think would be called after Jim Kerrs original band. Johnny and the self abusers.

monutdfc
24/01/2008, 10:07 AM
Monaghan United - Westlife - both sh!te