PDA

View Full Version : Grounds 2008

seand
17/01/2008, 1:32 PM
Apologies if this has been raised before, but what's the story with licencing for Premier Division grounds in 2008? Is there some minimum requirements in terms of number of seats etc? I'd have thought Cobh, Drogheda and maybe Harps might have difficulty with this part of the licencing requirements this season. Didn't Drogheda get a special one year dispensation to continue in United Pk in 2007?

galwayhoop
17/01/2008, 1:43 PM
Didn't Drogheda get a special one year dispensation to continue in United Pk in 2007?

i think you are right. i remember a few Drogs fans on here telling all of us that their new stadium was scheduled to be finished by November .... 2007!!!!!! So how is that brand spanking new stadium in Meath?? Will it be open for the first league game???

Sam_Heggy
17/01/2008, 4:26 PM
You get a year from what im told so ourselves and Cobh should be grand. Drogs should be ok as they are building a new stadium and if they can show genuine progress then they will be safe enough. If all that fails turn up at the new FAI hq with a can of petrol and lighter. ;)

sligoman
17/01/2008, 4:39 PM
If all that fails turn up at the new FAI hq with a can of petrol and lighter. ;)Is anyone else fed up of all these Maxi jokes?:rolleyes:...it was ages ago and not funny anymore, get a new joke!:p

ramsfan
17/01/2008, 4:41 PM
or as reported before just steal the milk from merrion sq that they forgot to cancel when they moved, that would really kill em havin to fork out for all that milk:D:D:D

deecay
17/01/2008, 7:33 PM
Well said SligoWOman,Maxi is great

ramsfan
17/01/2008, 7:43 PM
ooh nasty:D

Sam_Heggy
17/01/2008, 9:49 PM
Is anyone else fed up of all these Maxi jokes?:rolleyes:...it was ages ago and not funny anymore, get a new joke!:p

I reckon that joke is like a carton of milk (gets better with age)

so I have my coat, taxi on its way.

Pablo Escobar
18/01/2008, 8:00 AM
This is only ever-so-slightly off-topic! :D

Taken from ccfcforum.com

Mathews confirms new base progress

By Daniel McDonnell
Friday January 18 2008

CORK CITY manager Alan Mathews has confirmed that the club have made significant progress with regard to securing of a new base and stadium.

The Arkaga Group, which now runs the Leesiders, have prioritised the locating of a site for the Eircom League side who do not own either Turner's Cross or their training ground in Bishopstown.

"They are working very hard behind the scenes," says Mathews. "They're a very long way down the road with a number of major players in the development game in acquiring sites and suitable training facilities in tandem with a ground."

In the meantime, Mathews is working towards the building of a strong side on the pitch for this coming year in his new post.

Dave Mooney is a likely acquisition if he can be convinced to make the same transition as his manager at Longford by moving south. Danny Murphy and George O'Callaghan have also been approached. Meanwhile, Mathews has added his support to the prospect of an All-Ireland League.

"If you look at the people that are driving it, they have been successful in other industries and successful in other businesses.

"If you go back to the political aspect and the way that has changed over the last few years, the sporting landscape and the initiatives being employed, the Setanta Sports Cup certainly looks like a precursor to an All-Ireland League."

l Kilkenny City are set to confirm their departure from senior football in the next 24 hours. Owner Jim Rhatigan confirmed to Newstalk106 last night that efforts to keep the club afloat had all but failed.

- Daniel McDonnell

Mr A
18/01/2008, 8:06 AM
My understanding is that promoted clubs get a year to have their house in order. We hope to have building work on the new ground commenced before the new season, and this should be enough to get us a derogation.

Celdrog
18/01/2008, 11:11 AM
i think you are right. i remember a few Drogs fans on here telling all of us that their new stadium was scheduled to be finished by November .... 2007!!!!!! So how is that brand spanking new stadium in Meath?? Will it be open for the first league game???
Still awaiting planning permission so its unlikely it will be available for the opening game of the 2008 season.

When we have definitive news and not just speculation (imagine that on a football forum) I'll let you know.

Rams-07
18/01/2008, 11:28 AM
Ramblers were awarded a premier division licence for last season so I dont think there should be a problem this season.

Anyone know when the fixture list is due out?

Pablo Escobar
18/01/2008, 7:20 PM
Ramblers were awarded a premier division licence for last season so I dont think there should be a problem this season.

Probably some time in May :rolleyes:

Martinho II
19/01/2008, 8:06 PM

told at the fans forum today rans that it is the 7th march the first game of the season. believe fixtures will be out over the next few days.. kilkenny city pulling out have messed up their plans for now...

Pablo Escobar
20/01/2008, 9:48 AM
told at the fans forum today rans that it is the 7th march the first game of the season. believe fixtures will be out over the next few days.. kilkenny city pulling out have messed up their plans for now...
Yeah, about a weeks time I think. Earlier than ever. Proper order too!

gufcfan
20/01/2008, 11:45 PM
Is anyone else fed up of all these Maxi jokes?:rolleyes:...it was ages ago and not funny anymore, get a new joke!:p

It will always be funny

Dunny
21/01/2008, 12:06 AM
It will always be funny
If you are drunk maybe but otherwise no not funny anymore tbh.

sligoman
21/01/2008, 11:19 AM
It will always be funnyI personally find the Galway DVD joke funnier:).

don ramo
21/01/2008, 12:28 PM
as soon as the stand is finnised, totally, we wil have 1500 seats in the ground, which is required by licensing, and we should be starting the next stand in a few months (to my knowledge), so by next year well be ahead of the requirements,