PDA

View Full Version : 2008 EL Admission Prices

neutrino
17/01/2008, 12:35 PM
Sorry if this was posted before but cant find an existing thread.

I see Drogheda's and Galway's (havent checked out all club sites) are charging €20 general admission next season. Are all clubs bringing their prices up to this ? Is this set by the club or the league ? Dont know whether increasing ticket prices is sustainable. But maybe it would encourage more season ticket sales ? It's true that €20 wont get you much these days but was chatting a few people who go to a few (not all) games in a season and said they'd be very hard pressed based on that admission price ?

Interesting to hear what everyone else thinks ?

Poor Student
17/01/2008, 12:37 PM
I think we're sticking with the €15 admission price. I think there's a new UCD student rate (seperate from normal student rate) being introduced.

Mr A
17/01/2008, 12:40 PM
Harps:

Admission Prices 2008 are as follows:

Seats - €20

Adult Terrace - €15

Student/OAP Terrace - €10

Children (U12) - €5

Sam_Heggy
17/01/2008, 12:40 PM
We have only increased from €12 to €15 for general admission. Season tickets are then €200 with a 20% discount if you sign up to the 500club.

Sam_Heggy
17/01/2008, 12:42 PM
Harps:

Seats - €20

Adult Terrace - €15

Children (U12) - €5

Do you ever leave the computer Aidan? :p

Claret Murph
17/01/2008, 12:50 PM
Yer you are right Galway are charging 20 Euro which is high end and season tickets have gone up by 66% , but as Nic Leeson says if we want to see a full time set up playing in the premier league you are going to have to pay for it .

So I decided to put up and pay the money .

micls
17/01/2008, 3:40 PM
15...for anywhere

galwayhoop
17/01/2008, 3:54 PM
Yer you are right Galway are charging 20 Euro which is high end and season tickets have gone up by 66% , but as Nic Leeson says if we want to see a full time set up playing in the premier league you are going to have to pay for it .

So I decided to put up and pay the money .

€20 to ground €25 for new stand

Block G Raptor
17/01/2008, 4:04 PM
€25 for new stand

That is scandalous. Galway's crowds are gonna drop like a stone

pete
17/01/2008, 4:08 PM
€20 to ground €25 for new stand

€20 is bad enough but €25 is ridiculous for bottom half of the Premier. Your crowds held up well last year & I know one of better grounds but you will take a hit next season. Might make more money but bound to affect crowds.

€20 for United Park is too much as well given facilities.

don ramo
17/01/2008, 4:18 PM
cant see the justifaication of upping prices on a new stand when almost every new stand built last year was grant money only 10% or 20% paid by club, E15 all round f**k this standing or seating, if you pay you derserve cover not be stuck out in the rain (if you terrace is open)

for E20 you should get a free program, and a cup of tea or somthing at half time

galwayhoop
17/01/2008, 4:57 PM
That is scandalous. Galway's crowds are gonna drop like a stone
agree 100%

€20 is bad enough but €25 is ridiculous for bottom half of the Premier. Your crowds held up well last year & I know one of better grounds but you will take a hit next season. Might make more money but bound to affect crowds.
definitely will hit crowds

cant see the justifaication of upping prices on a new stand when almost every new stand built last year was grant money only 10% or 20% paid by club, E15 all round f**k this standing or seating, if you pay you derserve cover not be stuck out in the rain (if you terrace is open)
in fairness you can still go into the old stand for the €20 but to my mind that should allow you access to all areas. can't really stomach the €25 for the new stand. especially with season tickets jumping from €150 to €250 it will mean a large decline in the amount of these bought. going on last seasons performances at home €250 is a lot to ask a loyal following to stump up and to my mind if season tickets are not bought i reckon we will only get big crowds out if we are doing relatively well (i.e. top half of table) and playing a bigger team. i doubt we will get crowds of over 1,000 for many games this season.

i like many others are not happy about these large increases (66.67% increase in stand and season tickets), however we have our own maroon tinted spec brigade telling us it won't effect the crowds :rolleyes:

Maroon 7
17/01/2008, 5:25 PM

Very possible unfortunately.

Raheny Red
17/01/2008, 5:40 PM
€25 :eek: - what are the prices (excluding adults) into the new stand?

Dodge
17/01/2008, 6:15 PM
Ours are remaining the same

Keen2win
17/01/2008, 6:47 PM
Quite sure it's 15 in Longford

Battery Rover
17/01/2008, 7:04 PM
We will have to wait here until we see if we still have a club at the end of the month before thats all sorted

Raheny Red
17/01/2008, 7:11 PM
We will have to wait here until we see if we still have a club at the end of the month before thats all sorted

Is it that bad? Doubts if you'll start the season?

Battery Rover
17/01/2008, 7:51 PM
Is it that bad? Doubts if you'll start the season?

From the local papers getting a license isn't good but from what I have heard it might not be as bad as some are saying. Will have to just sit and wait.

When I get a call hopefully next week from the manager telling me the players we have signed at least then we will know the transfer and talk to player ban is lifted and that will be at least some good news for supporters. At present we are banned from approaching any players to sign

I havent been to Athlone since the end of last year for a few beers so very hard getting information when I am in Limerick. Most of what I am hearing is second hand news and may have been blurred being passed on.

Longfordian
17/01/2008, 8:01 PM
Quite sure it's 15 in Longford

Yeah 15 for adults. Season ticket 150.

Titan
18/01/2008, 12:30 PM
UCD General admission

€15 adults €10 non UCD student €5 UCD Student and Under 12. all parts of the ground

Season Tickets

Adults €160 Non UCD students €90 UCD Students €50

Flexy
19/01/2008, 8:00 AM
Derry have now sold 1850 season tickets for the new campaign. Not as good as last year but still respectable

oldyouth
19/01/2008, 9:14 AM
Youths Season Tickets are €150 adults and €75 for kids and includes all cup games (or will that be game?):D

exiled_gufc_fan
19/01/2008, 9:59 AM
in fairness you can still go into the old stand for the €20 but to my mind that should allow you access to all areas. can't really stomach the €25 for the new stand. especially with season tickets jumping from €150 to €250 it will mean a large decline in the amount of these bought.

To put this into context - for a club at the bottom of League 2 in England, I pay STG£20 (€26.74) seated, STG£15 (€20.06) standing.

If you pay for cheap football you get cheap football - because it becomes more difficult for the clubs to pay decent players.

On my trips home to Galway I'll happily pay €20 or €25 - games in the Premier Division are of a lot better standard than the tripe played in League 2!

micls
19/01/2008, 10:53 AM
Derry have now sold 1850 season tickets for the new campaign. Not as good as last year but still respectable

That's fantastic in fairness. Especially with no Europe wasnt that the reason for so many sales last year)

What are other clubs season ticket numbers do ye know?

Ive heard ours have been selling steadily but no idea what that is numbers wise.

Patrick Dunne
19/01/2008, 10:55 AM
GUFC sold over 700 last season.

micls
19/01/2008, 10:56 AM
To put this into context - for a club at the bottom of League 2 in England, I pay STG£20 (€26.74) seated, STG£15 (€20.06) standing.

If you pay for cheap football you get cheap football - because it becomes more difficult for the clubs to pay decent players.

On my trips home to Galway I'll happily pay €20 or €25 - games in the Premier Division are of a lot better standard than the tripe played in League 2!

How is that putting it inot context? Putting it into context is comparing it with other clubs with similar standards in the same league with the same challenges facing them.

Its fine for a die hard to say theyl pay that much to watch their team, most of us would but those are the people who will be there anyway.

Our league needs to get people off their chairs/barstools and entice them to support our teams. That is the only long term feasible way to improve revenue and sign better players, not overcharging the people who come every week, buy programmes, merchandise and everything anyway.

Flexy
19/01/2008, 11:05 AM
[quote=micls;857560]That's fantastic in fairness. Especially with no Europe wasnt that the reason for so many sales last year)

Ye your right. We only had 800 sold before Kenny's arrival, this doubled within the space of 2 weeks, club are pussing the sale of season tickets as it will provide more money to the manager to spend on players

Stato
20/01/2008, 10:45 AM

To put that in context I pay £16 for a seat at a club at the top of League 2 and the football they play is highly entertaining.

It's interesting that St Pats were slated last year for increasing stand tickets to €20 including a programme worth €3. There was talk when Special K took over that prices would be reduced back to previous levels but it didn't happen. Now we see other clubs increasing their prices, looks like it's a trend.

The Man Himself
20/01/2008, 5:57 PM
Harps:

Seats - €20

Adult Terrace - €15

Children (U12) - €5

robbers, charging kids under 12 years of age is the lowest of the lowest.

Aaron
20/01/2008, 6:03 PM
Derry City Prices

Season Tickets

Adult New Stand: £160
Concessionary New Sand: £100

Adult Terrace: £140
Concessionary Terrace: £75

Match Day Tickets

Adult New Stand: £11
Concessionary New Stand: £9

Adult Terrace: £10
Concessionary Terrace: £7

Concessionary applies to under 16 and over 65.

Sam_Heggy
20/01/2008, 8:46 PM

Its to stop a scenario like Galway had at times last season (ie. the place over-run with kids who show no interest in the match) Tickets are handed out to the local schools where they get in free when accompanied by an adult. It worked very well last season.

Lim till i die
20/01/2008, 8:50 PM

Bit Harsh maybe?? :eek:

Anyway we're €12 in and €180 season ticket apparently.

Bring your own chair.

oldyouth
20/01/2008, 9:00 PM
You shouldn't charge for kids. I agree that admission should be when accompanied by an adult to stop groups of them just messing about. These kids are future season ticket holders. Get them involved and interested a.s.a.p. in my opinion

Sam_Heggy
20/01/2008, 9:05 PM
You shouldn't charge for kids. I agree that admission should be when accompanied by an adult to stop groups of them just messing about. These kids are future season ticket holders. Get them involved and interested a.s.a.p. in my opinion

As I said, kids accompanied by an adult get in free, basically the idea is to encourage the kids to bring their parents.

U-C-D
20/01/2008, 9:17 PM

You can pay €10 in to see Barcelona play!!!!! Just puts it into perspective

sullanefc
20/01/2008, 9:26 PM

They also have multi-million euro TV contracts and sponserships to pay the bills. :rolleyes:

Sam_Heggy
20/01/2008, 9:29 PM

True but you would need binoculars (http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/futbol/temporada_07-08/arxiu_partits/copa_rei/quarts/jornada02/Barcelona_Villarreal/entrades.html)

When Malaga were last in la liga top division their season ticket was €120, when Madrid or Barcelona came to town the cost of a single ticket was €150.

Dodge
21/01/2008, 12:12 AM

Not in the league you can't...

gufcfan
21/01/2008, 12:42 AM
Its to stop a scenario like Galway had at times last season (ie. the place over-run with kids who show no interest in the match) Tickets are handed out to the local schools where they get in free when accompanied by an adult. It worked very well last season.

Exactly, it was ridiculous at times.

There were a large number of kids attending games, with no intention other than to see their heroes, get a bag of chips and a coke at half-time, and go home safe in the knowledge that the lads on the pitch done their best.

Equally, it seemed evident at times, that there were many kids in Terryland, with no interest whatsoever in what was happening on the pitch. Many of them were seen to be congregating in groups in the old stand. I'm not going to accuse them of being up to no good, but its fair to say that they were not doing anything constructive, such as cheering the team on or investing in a match programme.

I'm sure there are implications regarding insurance also. This issue was raised by Nick Leeson (GUFC CEO), last month, in response to a criticism by a prospective season ticket holder. He may not have been able to attend all games with his children, but wished for them to be able to attend on their own. I understand the situation of the fan in question but I would have to agree with Nick Leeson that, no unattended kids should be gaining access to Terryland anymore.

When I was a nipper, I was given a free child's season ticket, from a soccer camp run by United. Many of these were given out but there never seemed to a problem with unattended children at the time, as the recipients of the tickets were actively involved in soccer at underage level. This ensured the tickets were given to children that would enjoy the match experience as is intended. But I would back the club fully in their policy regarding children.

gufcfan
21/01/2008, 2:41 AM
Not in the league you can't...

Well, i'll be in Toulouse for a week in February and I will be paying €11 to get in for the match against L'OM.

For a team, admittedly in the middle of middle of rugby country, but nonetheless in the top division in France, I find that to be good value.

It's also worth noting that i will be behind one of the goals, along with the more vocal supporters (proper fans). You can however buy tickets ranging from €11 to €34. €20 for decent seats near the halfway line.

osarusan
21/01/2008, 4:57 AM
Yokohama FC - J-League Division 2.

Last year's prices in J League Division 1
2,000yen = 12.89 euros for a J2 league game. (cheap seats, where I sit) (That's advance booking, buying on the day is 3 euros dearer)
20,000yen = 128.88 euros for a season ticket - all 17 home games and 3 cup games. (cheap seats, where I sit)

To buy the 20 tickets individually would have cost 40,000 yen, so 20,000 yen was an impressive 50% discount.

J-2 season tickets will actually be more expensive as there are 14 more league games a season - 7 more home games.

Dodge
21/01/2008, 5:59 AM
These price comparisons are ridiculous. The LOI would be cheaper if we had 15,000+ at each game but we don't. We don't have money from TV and we don't have millions coming in in sponsorships...

Philly
13/02/2008, 1:22 PM
Admisssion charges for the 2008 season will remain unchanged from last season. Adult Admission will be 10 euro, with students paying 5 euro.

Children accompanied by an adult will be admitted free of charge as will OAPS, wheelchair bound fans and their carer.

Battery Rover
16/02/2008, 9:58 AM
Season Ticket

Adult - €170
Under 16 - €50
Family Ticket - €245 (Allows 1 adult and two Under 16s accompanied)
Family Ticket - €250 (Allows 1 adult and three Under 16s accompanied).

Match Day Prices

Adult - €15
Student (With valid ID) - €10
Under 16 / OAP - €5
Under 12s - Free (Must be accompanied by a paying adult)

The above prices allow entry to all parts of the ground.

gael353
16/02/2008, 5:13 PM
Youths Season Tickets are €150 adults and €75 for kids and includes all cup games (or will that be game?):D

are you sure? a certain percentage of gate has to be givin to the other team on cup games so...a percentage of your seasons takings :)