PDA

View Full Version : Bohs Will Lay Waste All Next Season

Boh_So_Good
16/01/2008, 11:08 PM
Not to sound arrogant cos I am a Bohs supporter. But I ran a simulation for the season based on various factors from manager, to squad, to finances and Bohs came out with a 95.6% chance of winning the league. 84.3% of winning the FAI Cup. I have been compiling data on the league for 5 seasons now.

I was objective and completely neutral with the inputs and although I did expect Bohs to be the team of the 2008 season, I really had no idea how much we would cream all and sundry.

passerrby
16/01/2008, 11:18 PM
i think you delete key is broke

don ramo
16/01/2008, 11:21 PM
ya derry were to do great also in 2007, just like dundalk were guaranteed favourites to walk the first divison:eek::D,
no guarantees in life,

A face
17/01/2008, 12:14 AM
Football is the only thing getting in the way :p

dcfcsteve
17/01/2008, 1:09 AM
Is this a reference to the BSC.....?

Risteard
17/01/2008, 2:31 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . . . . . . . . . . nah! (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=53825&highlight=fenn)
Don't have the fire-power.

Ebmania
17/01/2008, 7:35 AM
Only League Bohs are winning is Fantasy League. There gonna befighting to get in the top 5.

Partizan
17/01/2008, 8:17 AM
I see the Big Pub delusions is as strong as ever.

Down with this lot I say.

Dricky
17/01/2008, 9:01 AM
Not to sound arrogant cos I am a Bohs supporter. But I ran a simulation for the season based on various factors from manager, to squad, to finances and Bohs came out with a 95.6% chance of winning the league. 84.3% of winning the FAI Cup. I have been compiling data on the league for 5 seasons now.

I was objective and completely neutral with the inputs and although I did expect Bohs to be the team of the 2008 season, I really had no idea how much we would cream all and sundry.

Ahy don't worry, you don't arrogant you do sound ................
(fill in the blanks time)

I'm going with deluded :)

Anywone else got a closer description???

How did you get year one broke, year two broke year three broke year four broke year five €1mm?? Are you sure it wasn't a magic 8ball you were using.

Boh_So_Good ;will bohs win all around them shake shake shake
Magic 8 ball; I am the magic eight ball and I cannot lie
Boh_So_Good; so will they win
Magic 8 ball. Shot me please!!!!!!

el punter
17/01/2008, 9:06 AM
You'll find the bookies made similar calculations based on the variables of winning the league and came up with prices of 7/2 - 9/2 or to put another way 22% - 18%.

But I'm sure your assessments are nearer the mark...care to offer some odds against Drogheda winning the league? :)

placid casual
17/01/2008, 9:23 AM
Not to sound arrogant cos I am a Bohs supporter.

:D:p:p

I'm sitting at my desk,as you do ,eating my morning cornflakes and then read this... I nearly choked with the laughter. you naughty little bohs boy you could have killed me !

Spoons
17/01/2008, 9:38 AM
Such arrogance from a Bohs fan...Bohs won't finish top four in my opinion, Drogheda and a rejuvenated Pats will battle it out for League honours, I predict Derry will lift the FAI Cup and that Cork won't feature as their manager won't "cut the mustard" with a huge budget!......predictions, predictions, all great craic..I love football!!....:D

galwayhoop
17/01/2008, 9:43 AM

so what would that be in the bookies:

1/20 for the league

3/20 for the cup.

sure bang a hundred quid on the double and you'd make a whopping €15.75!!!!!

you should be on paddy power as we speak making a fortune off all those crazy odds as wild as 7/2 for the league :eek:

Raheny Red
17/01/2008, 9:50 AM
You lot are going to put all your hopes on the shoulders of Jayo to bang in the goals for you and hope that the rest of the jigsaw falls into place. It ain't going to happen, he hasn't played properly since he left the Reds. He'll find it hard to find his scoring boots of yesteryear.

Jerry The Saint
17/01/2008, 10:05 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . . . . . . . . . . nah! (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=53825&highlight=fenn)

First thing I thought of as well :)

Aberdeen are on a par with Pats

So that's the secret - Bohs are unbeatable against Aberdeen and Pats :(. Any other team... not so much.

fanatic
17/01/2008, 10:24 AM

lol....... how accurate has your data been in the past ? you must have cleaned up in the bookies !

OneRedArmy
17/01/2008, 10:49 AM
Did your model predict the sub-prime mortgage crisis and the credit crunch as well?

A model is only as good as its assumptions.......

L37Ultra
17/01/2008, 10:59 AM

:confused::confused::eek:

fanatic
17/01/2008, 10:59 AM
Did your model predict the sub-prime mortgage crisis and the credit crunch as well?

A model is only as good as its assumptions.......

our assumption was that fenlon was a good manager who knew what he was doing !

OneRedArmy
17/01/2008, 11:06 AM
our assumption was that fenlon was a good manager who knew what he was doing !
Precisely!!! :D

Sniffer
17/01/2008, 1:09 PM
I think Bohs will be in the Top 4 shake-up this year, but Drogs are still the team to beat. That comes from watching the game.;)

Boh_So_Good
03/07/2008, 10:24 AM
The model is ticking along nicely. One of the factors I worked in was my hypothesis was that Drogheda would experience the LOI version of Second Album Syndrome after finally winning the league. This is just what has happened.

The model currently predicts that Bohs will just clip Pats in the final table. So the massive final points tally for Bohs is looking iffy.

garyderry
03/07/2008, 10:34 AM
The model is ticking along nicely. One of the factors I worked in was my hypothesis was that Drogheda would experience the LOI version of Second Album Syndrome after finally winning the league. This is just what has happened.

The model currently predicts that Bohs will just clip Pats in the final table. So the massive final points tally for Bohs is looking iffy.

no **** sherlock

OneRedArmy
03/07/2008, 10:39 AM

The model currently predicts that Bohs will just clip Pats in the final table. So the massive final points tally for Bohs is looking iffy.So your model is based on expert judgement rather than being statistically driven?

dcfcsteve
03/07/2008, 10:55 AM
What probability did your model give for winning the League Cup then ? Or did you conveniently forget to add that in....

Are you sleeping with Pineapple Stu again.....?

lofty9
03/07/2008, 11:25 AM
So what are the percentages of Pat's winning the Cup then?

Hibs4Ever
03/07/2008, 11:44 AM
Drogs are still the team to beat. That comes from watching the game.;)

And a fair few teams have found that pretty easy to achieve this season

jebus
03/07/2008, 12:03 PM
My model had Portsmouth winning the Champions League in 2009, but they're not even in it so now I don't know what to believe?? Back to Chistianity I guess....*kicks away stone before slouching off, hands in pockets*

dfx-
03/07/2008, 2:22 PM
So what are the percentages of Pat's winning the Cup then?

Ah come on, play fair. Everyone knows what percentage that is.

Sniffer
03/07/2008, 4:59 PM
I think Bohs will be in the Top 4 shake-up this year, but Drogs are still the team to beat. That comes from watching the game.;)

Can I have this post deleted?:p

dcfcsteve
03/07/2008, 7:11 PM

'sniffer by name.....

:)

Bohemian1890
26/09/2008, 10:46 PM
Genius:D

TheBoss
26/09/2008, 11:11 PM
Have you got a prediction for next season ?

*Prepares all his money to go to bookies*

Boh_So_Good
26/09/2008, 11:26 PM
Have you got a prediction for next season ?

*Prepares all his money to go to bookies*

The simulation takes a couple of weeks to assemble and run. Mainly mundane data entry. I designed the model originally to run the numbers on the Global Warming Data that was suppose to prove the Global Warming scam invented by Al Gore and the US Neo-Cons (they are on the same side in case some of the slower foot.ie members haven't figured this out yet) backed up with nothing other than propaganda.

I will get working for the 2009 season a month or so before the start of next season when I have all the criteria which drives the simulation.

I will make you all rich. You will lay rose petals at my feet.

TheBoss
26/09/2008, 11:31 PM
I only have Rose Thorns :D

BohDiddley
26/09/2008, 11:57 PM
Well fair play for the bump!

NeilMcD
27/09/2008, 12:51 PM
Fair play Bohs So Good. You got it more right than any Bohs fan could ever imagine.