PDA

View Full Version : Another Disaster!!!!!

Oh No
12/06/2003, 9:41 PM
Monaghan: 3 Town: 0

What in God's name is gone so wrong in the last few weeks?

I thought we might be beaten tonight, but 3-0 against the second last side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever since we beat Bray we have gone rapidly downhill. (Come to think of it, something similar happened last season after the great win at Oriel Park).

We were touching on a breakthrough after that Bray win to possibly going into a challenging position, and then this run of crap results.

Now I know someone is going to tell me that this is a young and inexperienced side and we should be giving them a chance but I as a lifelong Athlone Town supporter don't accept that.

The fact is we have decent side on paper and we are seriously under-achieving and that's what I have a problem with.

parnell ranger
13/06/2003, 8:36 AM
I honestly think we gotta forget about having even a half decent side for a few years.
What im looking forward to is the move to the new ground etc .
we have some real talent at youth/u16 level.
thats where i get my boost after results like last night.

plus we should see a clear-out of dead wood at next weeks A.G.M.
KEEP THE FAITH CHEERS

renegAde
13/06/2003, 1:07 PM
That is a disgraceful result and, coming on the back of weak performances against Kilkenny and Dublin City, it show's that we're in danger of frealling to the bottom of the table and staying there if nothing is done soon. I would have thought this bunch of players was better than recent results have shown so I can't help but wonder what problems are causing them to play so badly?

On a different note, Ronan Frawley should be ashamed of himself for getting sent off, again. If my memory serves me well, he was red-carded at least twice last season and now once already this year. This is a shameful record to have. We're struggling as it is with 11 players on the pitch, the last thing we need is reckless indiscipline to cost us even further. An isolated red-card could be overlooked but to be sent-off repeatedly is inexcusable and the club should consider taking their own disciplinary action against the player.

All in all, these are bleak times for the club and unless the stadium arrives on time (which I certainly wouldn't bet on) I honestly can't see where or when we're going to turn the corner...

Peace,
Ade

atfconline
13/06/2003, 8:56 PM
Just see there from another match report that Jimmy was sent off with Frawley, so maybe it wasn't exactly deserved.

Oh No
16/06/2003, 1:45 PM
Maybe they both deserved it, I don't know.

Anyway there's no sence in trying to justify it.

Estar
16/06/2003, 4:02 PM
It's a bad sign when the best players are let join Galway on a free.
Are they getting payed more by Galway?