PDA

View Full Version : Wearing the Hoops at Ireland matches

LFC in Exile
12/06/2003, 3:45 PM
Last night the television showed a crowd shot and there in the middle of it as bold as you like was a lad wearing a Sporting Lisbon jersey. And Sporting fans also probably sing YNWA (in Portuguese I'd say).

Are the FAI in cahoots with Sporting or something. I mean for Christ sake, this is just ridiculous. we should only allow people with green ireland jersies into the ground. Enough of this wearing of foreign teams' jersies.

(BTW this is sarcasm)

SÓC
12/06/2003, 4:07 PM
Originally posted by LFC in Exile
(BTW this is sarcasm)

As Marge would say "Well duh!"

It really is stupid, the FAI complain about the booing of Rangers players whilst at the same time trying to turn Ireland in Glasgow Ireland Celtic Plastic Paddy Football Club, God I hate Celtic!

thecorner
26/06/2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
God I hate Celtic!
AND ON WHAT GROUNDS DO U HATE THEM

WHAT HAVE THEY EVER DONE TO YOU

AND THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS UR PROBABLY SOME FELLA THAT CHECKS LIVERPOOLS, UTDS OR ARSENALS RESULTS EVERY WEEK

U WERE PROBABLY SHOUTING FOR CELTIC IN THE UEFA CUP FINAL

AND U WERE PROBABLY SHOUTING FOR THEM EVERY MINUTE OF THE LAST DAY OF THE SEASON

A face
26/06/2003, 11:23 PM
I was none of the above. But just so as you all know ... i hate them too !!

Colm
27/06/2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by thecorner
U WERE PROBABLY SHOUTING FOR CELTIC IN THE UEFA CUP FINAL

AND U WERE PROBABLY SHOUTING FOR THEM EVERY MINUTE OF THE LAST DAY OF THE SEASON

What leads you to that conclusion Corner, I'd say those assumptions you're making are nothing but a load of crap.

Oh and for the record, I for one was shouting for Porto in the UEFA final and I just didn't give a sh!t about the Scottish league!

Now, could everyone please stop talking about Celtic once and for all! Let's make foot.ie a Celtic free zone!

Colm
27/06/2003, 1:06 PM
Originally posted by Silvio Dante
I could say the same for Cork City but that would be rude.

Right! You are quite clearly a complete and utter, no brained idiot!

Is it too hard for you to comprehend that foot.ie is a forum for fans of IRISH football. Cork City play in the Eircom league of IRELAND so you could not "say the same for Cork City".
Celtic play in the SPL, you may not have realised this but the S in SPL actually stands for SCOTTISH, thus, as this is a forum for Irish fans there really is no place for all this talk about some second rate team from Glasgow.

Now please go away.

max power
27/06/2003, 1:26 PM
i did a thread on this before and it all stated I HATE CELTIC, good to see others agree, banish the muppets in celtic jerseys from international matchs

max power
27/06/2003, 1:54 PM
an el club jersey at an international is fine, i've worn them myself , but keep your foreign muppet hoop jerseys at home or better still in scotland

noby
27/06/2003, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by the dj
i did a thread on this before and it all stated I HATE CELTIC

Exactly. It's been done before. Maybe there should be a Celtic forum on this site, where people can go and ramble on with the same pro/anti arguement, and leave the rest of the forums alone. Each Celtic thread here sounds like the one before.

max power
27/06/2003, 2:10 PM
conor you the man !!!!!!!!

eoinh
27/06/2003, 2:12 PM
i hate rangers!!! they dont play any protestants from northern ireland anymore.

that makes them bigots.

thecorner
27/06/2003, 7:01 PM
Originally posted by Colm
What leads you to that conclusion Corner, I'd say those assumptions you're making are nothing but a load of crap.

Oh and for the record, I for one was shouting for Porto in the UEFA final and I just didn't give a sh!t about the Scottish league!

Now, could everyone please stop talking about Celtic once and for all! Let's make foot.ie a Celtic free zone!

so its ok for you to shout for porto
but not us to shout for celtic

how did u even get time to post this week
thought ud be ********

*edited by james
FAO thecorner: No need for that kinda chite here or anywhere else ok. keep it off the board or go somewhere else. thanks

patsh
28/06/2003, 7:46 PM
Originally posted by Colm

Well I don't give a sh*t about the Scottish League, but neither do I care about the Portugese one. I hoped Celtic would win because Martin O'Neill is an Irishman and I thought it would be great for an Irish manager to lead a team to a European title.

Why did you want Porto to win?

eoinh
28/06/2003, 8:30 PM
Originally posted by oddboy

Why did you want Porto to win?

Three reasons maybe (a) as a neutral maybe he wanted the most exciting and skillfull team in the competition to win over a team of journeyman pros and the odd talent baccked up by nothing more than running and workrate. (i mean all those years ago who was for steau bucharest).

(b) maybe because they were two foreign teams he just flicked a coin and porto came up
or
(c) maybe because celtic have taken a large element of support from our clubs.

personally i chose porto because of a,b and c. i could think a couple of other reasons as well

Colm
28/06/2003, 8:45 PM
Originally posted by eoinh
Three reasons maybe (a) as a neutral maybe he wanted the most exciting and skillfull team in the competition to win over a team of journeyman pros and the odd talent baccked up by nothing more than running and workrate. (i mean all those years ago who was for steau bucharest).

(b) maybe because they were two foreign teams he just flicked a coin and porto came up
or
(c) maybe because celtic have taken a large element of support from our clubs.

personally i chose porto because of a,b and c. i could think a couple of other reasons as well

Spot on with (a) and (c) there Eoin.

Plastic Paddy
03/07/2003, 4:21 PM
My first post here - and probably my last, given that I'm a Celtic-supporting, London-accented "Oirish" man. Ah well, as a fourth-rate citizen in these parts, it's back to the BigSoccer boards with the rest of the wannabes for me...

And I'll never grace Lansdowne again, whether in hoops or no, because it seems there are so many more worthy Ireland supporters than I. Sorry.

:( PP

gspain
04/07/2003, 2:37 PM
Originally posted by Plastic Paddy
My first post here - and probably my last, given that I'm a Celtic-supporting, London-accented "Oirish" man. Ah well, as a fourth-rate citizen in these parts, it's back to the BigSoccer boards with the rest of the wannabes for me...

And I'll never grace Lansdowne again, whether in hoops or no, because it seems there are so many more worthy Ireland supporters than I. Sorry.

:( PP

Paddy nobody is saying you're not welcome - plenty of London Irish at the games and have been right through the dark days.

That is if you go to support Ireland. If you're more interested in showing allegiance to a British team at an Irish game rather than supporting Ireland and dragging the name of Irish fans through the mud then please stay at home.

lopez
07/07/2003, 2:35 PM
Don't worry about it bud. There are quite a few 'small minded' Cork City fans here who think their sh*t doesn't smell and that they are 'real' Ireland supporters. You get that arrogant type everywhere.

Wear your Celtic shirt with pride and do come to Landsdowne. You will find there are alot more like yourself and I than the other crowd....;)

Found a copy of Woman's Own on the London tube last week. Read an item by a 'Stoolologist' claiming if you are healthy your Barry Whites shouldn't smell.:eek:

I know it's bringing the tone down a bit, but I'm bored fcukless by this b@llocks.:o

Is it going to another 25 pages on why I love/hate Celtic. Take a chill pill you lot, or else that silly woman from WW will be checking out this board.:rolleyes:

lopez
08/07/2003, 11:51 AM
If you don't like it don't read the thread in the first place or post inane drivel....;)

If I don't read the thread how would I know if I liked/disliked it in the first place.:confused:

Bringing up Richard the thirds is hardly highbrow, but after 25 pages of 'anti-Celtic', this discussion is boiling down to the monotonous repetitiveness of the first bowel movement of the day. Ban shirts...foreign team...grand auld team to play for...etc.;)

FWIW, personally I agree with much of the Celtic view of the Irish connections of the club, but I can also understand the irritation of the weekend exodus to Britain and agree with the outrage at booing players who play/or no longer play for Rangers. But then that's just another view on an already overloaded discussion.

BTW, if yours sink, your eating too much protein. :D

lopez
08/07/2003, 1:48 PM
But they're Ranger's players.

Tore Andre Flo???

joe
08/07/2003, 3:34 PM
If you don't like it don't ... post inane drivel....;)

oh the irony :D

lopez
08/07/2003, 4:34 PM
....What's your point? [/B]

Sorry, but you used the present tense. That was my point :p

...not that I think he was worth booing even if he was still at Ibrox.

Mayo_Bhoy
09/07/2003, 10:12 AM
Present and past. Once a Hun always a Hun

Very mature response. D'ye think he gave a **** about rangers religious undertones?

What about 'Once a Celt. always a a Celt' ? and would this apply to Mo Johnston?

tiktok
09/07/2003, 4:27 PM
Originally posted by Mayo_Bhoy
What about 'Once a Celt. always a a Celt' ? and would this apply to Mo Johnston?