PDA

View Full Version : Alan Matthew Assistant

A face
15/01/2008, 5:35 PM
Any suggestions on who you would like to see as his assistant? For the life of me i cant think of anyone? I think that it will be a very important position as i reckon there will be a big learning curve for Matthews.

Olander
15/01/2008, 5:36 PM
Paul McGee. ;)

Sheridan
15/01/2008, 5:38 PM
Assistants are subordinates, usually an inexperienced ex-colleague. No manager is stupid enough to engage someone who's a threat to his position if he can possibly help it. Isn't Matthews supposed to have a Director of Football or similar working his strings? That would be the critical appointment, if so.

Pablo
15/01/2008, 5:41 PM
Any suggestions on who you would like to see as his assistant? For the life of me i cant think of anyone? I think that it will be a very important position as i reckon there will be a big learning curve for Matthews.
Paul McGee confirmed aswell earlier on RED Fm.

Seems he wants to bring in a full time coaching staff aswell

Cabs88
15/01/2008, 5:45 PM
Matthews always worked better with an assistant. Aaron Callaghan, trevor crolly, both a massive help for the club, i feel matthews was inept and fell short often in terms of tactics

Pablo
15/01/2008, 5:51 PM
Matthews always worked better with an assistant. Aaron Callaghan, trevor crolly, both a massive help for the club, i feel matthews was inept and fell short often in terms of tactics

We wont be long in finding out now he's at a real club

max power
15/01/2008, 6:03 PM
We wont be long in finding out now he's at a real club

Yes BIGGEST CLUB around.......Newcastle comes to mind......big in supporters minds, but not the rest of the country.

Real for 22 years ????

A face
15/01/2008, 6:08 PM
Real for 22 years ????

Yeah, every single minute of it .... and the clock is still tickin' ;)

max power
15/01/2008, 6:12 PM
Yeah, every single minute of it .... and the clock is still tickin' ;)

Why don't you change the green stripes to black and finish the process;)

Wouldn't be the first colour or name change down there:D

A face
15/01/2008, 6:15 PM
Why don't you change the green stripes to black and finish the process;)

Ah come on, you're just mumbling now. You can do better than that .... take your time and put more effort it.

Wouldn't be the first colour or name change down there:D

And your point is? Very lame effort ... do try harder :p

max power
15/01/2008, 6:24 PM
Ah come on, you're just mumbling now. You can do better than that .... take your time and put more effort it.

And your point is? Very lame effort ... do try harder :p

I can say the same to you:D

Lets here it now Boring Boring Cork;)

6yardpunisha
15/01/2008, 6:34 PM
I can say the same to you:D

Lets here it now Boring Boring Cork;)

Max, if your not going to post something worth reading then just dont bother posting at all, A Face, is it true about McGee or is it only a windup

A face
15/01/2008, 6:36 PM
Max, if your not going to post something worth reading then just dont bother posting at all, A Face, is it true about McGee or is it only a windup

I dunno, nothing concrete on it yet so i wouldn't be believing it yet anyway.

Dont know much about the guy either.

6yardpunisha
15/01/2008, 6:39 PM

pure poison, go onto the L37 site and check out old threads, they hated him with a passion, guy belongs on a halting site

max power
15/01/2008, 6:40 PM

Perhaps Pablo should try that also.

Stay Classy.

micls
15/01/2008, 6:42 PM

Mathews confirmed it

Sonic
15/01/2008, 9:19 PM
ffs real club!! Pablo give us a break will you. I dont think Matthews is a great manager will be interesting to see his progress with Cork though!!

Risteard
15/01/2008, 10:11 PM
I'd imagine Alan Matthews Director of Football boss might be a more significant appointment.
I'd have thought Colin T might join the coaching staff this close-season.

A face
15/01/2008, 11:16 PM
I'd have thought Colin T might join the coaching staff this close-season.

Colin is doing the work of four people in his role for the FAI, he covers a serious amount of ground and is good at what he does so i cant see the FAI leaving him go that easy.

ramblers
16/01/2008, 7:02 PM
What has happened to Dave Hill was he sacked along with Rico?

A face
16/01/2008, 7:07 PM

Seems so.

rambler14
16/01/2008, 9:20 PM

I thought he resigned in support of rico.

Anyway by Paul McGee I assume you mean Ski McGee who became the most hated figure in St. Colmans Park last year.
Slap headed fool. I thought we'd never see him again!

A face
16/01/2008, 9:36 PM
Slap headed fool. I thought we'd never see him again!

Why? What did he do?

rambler14
16/01/2008, 9:43 PM
Why? What did he do?

Lets just say he didn't endear himself to Ramblers fans and Hendo. I think Don Ramo could explain it better than any other Rams fan seein as he hates Ski more than anyone i know.
Don Ramo doesn't seem to be online so:
1) Bad mouthed Ramblers in the press
2) Stated we'd never win the league or gain promotion
3) Abused Rams fans when he was sent off in Ramblers.
4) Called us a long ball team
5) Even abused Rams fans as he walked out at the start of the game.

don ramo
16/01/2008, 11:39 PM
you forgot, in the cross first game of the season ski roaring at the players to TAKE davin out:mad:, and they did:mad:, a f****n langer of the highest order:mad:, he is more useless than matthews at least matthews you are able to give a chance, i knew the cork game would be rough this year, i could just imagine it now

WoodquayBoy
17/01/2008, 12:54 PM
Aw poor Cobh fans, did a bold man say bold things to ye and make ye cry? Tut tut

razor
17/01/2008, 1:02 PM
We wanted Cambridge but couldn't agree terms, McGee will have to do.
Martin can stay as a supporter like the rest of us.

Risteard
17/01/2008, 2:30 PM
you forgot, in the cross first game of the season ski roaring at the players to TAKE davin out:mad:, and they did:mad:, a f****n langer of the highest order:mad:, he is more useless than matthews at least matthews you are able to give a chance, i knew the cork game would be rough this year, i could just imagine it now

That sort of **** won't go down well at the Cross at all.

ramblers
17/01/2008, 2:42 PM
I have to say I am amazed if it is SKI as he is a head case. I belive and may be incorrect that he got sent from the dugout 3 or 4 times last season!!

razor
17/01/2008, 2:45 PM
I belive and may be incorrect that he got sent from the dugout 3 or 4 times last season!!Thats almost as many as Martin :D :D

ramsfan
17/01/2008, 2:51 PM
just about to ask about hill?
ironic though on day matthews pics are all over papers holding scarf,
pics of rico are also there being awarded manager of the month

ramsfan
17/01/2008, 2:55 PM
:mad:ski mcgee is a knacker, heard him in cross shout at player to take davin out, also in st colmans heard him him shout at player when going into tackle tobreak players leg, that sort of crap has no place in football, its really going to endear city to the supporters of football , he is a head case and shouldnt be allowed out

L37Ultra
17/01/2008, 4:17 PM
That sort of **** won't go down well at the Cross at all.

It did happen at Turners Cross :D;)

Risteard
17/01/2008, 4:26 PM
And it didn't.

6yardpunisha
18/01/2008, 6:29 PM
Thats almost as many as Martin :D :D

only sent off once i think, would not even mention mcgee and cambridge in same breath, mcgee is a cnut of the highest order, think matthews has got his first appointment very wrong.

outside in
18/01/2008, 7:01 PM
only sent off once i think, would not even mention mcgee and cambridge in same breath, mcgee is a cnut of the highest order, think matthews has got his first appointment very wrong.
he'll put da sh#ts up em...maybe dats wat matthews wants?

razor
18/01/2008, 9:10 PM
only sent off once i think, would not even mention mcgee and cambridge in same breath, I'll bet the Limerick mascot felt safe around McGee :D :D

gael353
19/01/2008, 8:31 PM
I'll bet the Limerick mascot felt safe around McGee :D :D

twas funny alright, will martin be at the friendly against limerick in the comming weeks/ should be fun to see him shape up to a mascot again lol:D

Unreal Madrid
19/01/2008, 10:41 PM
he'll put da sh#ts up em...maybe dats wat matthews wants?

The point is he wont. He is a media circus and wants only 2 things, money and attention. A no 2 should be there as an advisor to the main man and to support him in all he does. He will not be happy to stay in the background on his 1500 euro a week (what a joke :eek:) I will give him a month before he gets bored and acts up like the proper t i t that he is.

Risteard
21/01/2008, 10:10 AM
He will not be happy to stay in the background on his 1500 euro a week (what a joke :eek:)
Ya, a pretty bad one actually!!

Lim till i die
22/01/2008, 12:20 PM
Ya, a pretty bad one actually!!

Just to clarify

You're not actually paying him €1500 a week are ye?? :eek:

Risteard
22/01/2008, 1:01 PM
Christ no, not a chance.

COMMON SENSE!!!!!!!!*

*ie not exactly FACT!!!!!! but logical.

Unreal Madrid
23/01/2008, 1:52 AM
Just to clarify

You're not actually paying him €1500 a week are ye?? :eek:

Fact........ That are paying him 1500 a week, Mathews is not even on double that..:o

Risteard
23/01/2008, 2:34 AM
Groan!
Come on . . . out with it then.
Proof?

Mathews is not even on double that..:oNot even?
What do you mean not even?
You say it like we should be ashamed of ourselves.

Unreal Madrid
23/01/2008, 10:23 AM
Groan!
Come on . . . out with it then.
Proof?

Not even?
What do you mean not even?
You say it like we should be ashamed of ourselves.

I promise you he is on that figure. It's up to ye what you pay for players / managers etc but you should REALLY be worried that he is getting that amount as an assistant. Again, I think your choice of manager is very good but I would have serious reservations with spa, sorry ski. Only time will tell.

dahamsta
23/01/2008, 1:43 PM
Your promises count for nothing Unreal Madrid. Post evidence or retract it.

sadloserkid
23/01/2008, 3:25 PM
pure poison, go onto the L37 site and check out old threads, they hated him with a passion, guy belongs on a halting site

This is the best post I have ever read by a Cobh fan who isn't Comic Book Guy ever. Paul McGee is obsessed with his own reputation and how he is perceived by others, considers himself a mind games guru when he has all the communication skills of a dead yak and treated some of his own players abysmally last season. Shocked that CCFC appointed him. He was sent off several times with us last season, in consecutive games at one point as he continued his grim pretence-filled charade at passion.