PDA

View Full Version : Bone fractures

gaiscíoch
15/01/2008, 1:12 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. How&ever I digress. Recently I had a fall while out jogging, having been for x-rays etc.
The diagnosis was a fractured scaphoid although the doctor said the x-rays were inconclusive, meaning a visit to a consultant who has since referred me for a bone scan.

All info on the net seems to vary in terms of healing time. Basically if anyone has had this injury I'd be extremely interested in reading your recovery time along with your diagnosis.

dahamsta
15/01/2008, 1:37 PM
Heh, I thought you said "while out juggling". :D

Hope it mends soon!

adam

John83
15/01/2008, 1:59 PM
All info on the net seems to vary in terms of healing time.
Yes. It depends on the severity of the fracture.

Raheny Red
15/01/2008, 2:02 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. How&ever I digress. Recently I had a fall while out jogging, having been for x-rays etc.
The diagnosis was a fractured scaphoid although the doctor said the x-rays were inconclusive, meaning a visit to a consultant who has since referred me for a bone scan.

All info on the net seems to vary in terms of healing time. Basically if anyone has had this injury I'd be extremely interested in reading your recovery time along with your diagnosis.

What takes longer to heal, a break or a fracture? Anyway, I broke my metatarsal (sp??) in November playing ball for College. Took about 5 weeks before I could jog on it again, still can't play ball though. Whereabouts is the scaphoid :o??

gaiscíoch
15/01/2008, 2:08 PM
What takes longer to heal, a break or a fracture? Anyway, I broke my metatarsal (sp??) in November playing ball for College. Took about 5 weeks before I could jog on it again, still can't play ball though. Whereabouts is the scaphoid :o??

Scaphoid is simply between the thumb and wrist! A mate of mine broke two mets and he cant play anymore. I hope it's not the same for you.

noby
15/01/2008, 2:13 PM
I like your thinking:
The doctor's diagnosis was inconclusive, the consultant is awaiting results. Never fear, a footie forum will give me the answers!

Hope it mends, er, soon.

gaiscíoch
15/01/2008, 2:24 PM
I like your thinking:
The doctor's diagnosis was inconclusive, the consultant is awaiting results. Never fear, a footie forum will give me the answers!

Hope it mends, er, soon.

Ah my old friend sarcasim, I wondered how long it would be till you arrived.
The last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded

noby
15/01/2008, 2:35 PM
Wow that's a big sentence. Fractures vary. Healing times vary.

gaiscíoch
15/01/2008, 2:44 PM
Wow that's a big sentence. Fractures vary. Healing times vary.

No sh! Sherlock.....:rolleyes: