PDA

View Full Version : Peter Rogers

drummerboy
15/01/2008, 12:57 PM
Just heard that Peter Rogers, the victim in the Samurai sword attack in Finglas is an ex Sligo, Kildare, Home Farm and Athlone player in the EL. Currently he plays for Tolka Rovers. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

monutdfc
15/01/2008, 1:02 PM
Was wondering that when I heard the name, but thought he was older than 27. He played for us as well, in the first and the premier.

A face
15/01/2008, 1:08 PM
Jebus, thats unreal. What was actually going on there? .... was it just a random attack or was it an ongoing thing?

drummerboy
15/01/2008, 1:27 PM
Its a quiet pub, only opened a year ago in a new residential area of Finglas, used by families. Its more of a restaurant than a boozer. Not the sort of place you'd see much aggro.

KildareFan
15/01/2008, 1:30 PM
That's a real pity, I hope he gets well soon.

Peter was a really nice fella when he played for Kildare and but for a niggling injuries that led to weight problems, I'm sure he would still be involved in the league.

He was an excellent passer of the ball and is still fondly remembered in Kildare particularly for scoring a superb goal against Cobh at Station Road a few years back from inside his own half.

Get well soon Peter.

monutdfc
15/01/2008, 1:32 PM
Yeah, forgot to mention that he was a quality player for us, great passer of the ball. When Bobby Browne managed us we played some quality football.

Block G Raptor
15/01/2008, 1:39 PM
Just reading on RTE.ie there, I know of the bloke who's accused of doing this( by reputation only), and by all accounts he's a lowlife scumbag

Magicme
16/01/2008, 4:03 PM
Get well Peter. Had forgotten about him but recognised him when saw the pic. Its awful. Poor guy.

Drogman.
16/01/2008, 4:38 PM
Just heard that Peter Rogers, the victim in the Samurai sword attack in Finglas is an ex Sligo, Kildare, Home Farm and Athlone player in the EL. Currently he plays for Tolka Rovers. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

He wasn't a goalkeeper by any chance? :D

LeixlipRed
16/01/2008, 4:55 PM

Way to inject a pile of poor taste into a thread. Think it don't say it

passerrby
16/01/2008, 5:05 PM
known peter he would find it funny .. also check out our club badge. get well soon from all in monaghan

neville neville
16/01/2008, 6:16 PM

Nope a midfielser.

came through at stella maris, went to tranmere but didnt make it and came home, not sure if he ever played for tranmere's 1st team

inexile
16/01/2008, 6:18 PM
im informed he played in the first team several times at tranmere

hopefully he will make as full a recovery as possible

Rob_the_cat
23/01/2008, 5:36 PM
Has anyone heard anything further on this? Poor fella, it'll be a long road back. Hope he pulls through.

I remember Peter playing for one year in Kilkenny. Quality passer of the ball, though not the best physique. Still a serious loss when Giller departed with him and 5 or 6 other players the following season to the newly formed Franchise County.

Rob_the_cat
23/01/2008, 6:16 PM
Ha ha, only a wind up fella! Seriously I got out to Station Road a good few times last season and ye have a decent set up there. From a personal point of view it's a shame they're moving to Friday nights, although maybe it could help attendances in the long run.

Good to hear Peter's in recovery mode. That was a horrific thing to happen.