PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for FAI el fans forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Block G Raptor
15/01/2008, 11:39 AM
As some of you know there is an FAI fans Forum on in abbotstown on saturday
basically 2 fans reps from each el club have been invited(or that's my understanding of it anyway) some of which are members of this board, so I think it'd be a good idea to have a thread of suggestions that the lads might be willing to raise at the meeting.

Suggestions

1. pump some of the 45 million Delany was bragging about today into a proper media campaign promoting the league

2. further pressure on government for funding for clubs, particularly with a view to improving facilities.

3. voice fans displeasure at random ridiculous fining of clubs

John83
15/01/2008, 11:42 AM
BGR's understanding is correct.

I like the idea behind this thread. I'll certainly be reading it before the meeting.

ashbournebohs
15/01/2008, 11:44 AM
Two major gripes are the moving of games from fridays to mondays for tv resulting lower gates and actually costing the clubs money.
Next is the league cup why doesnt it have a sponsor it should be totally revamped and a straight spot in the setanta offered

dublinwanderer
15/01/2008, 11:46 AM
i think the random fining and the media should be brought up. fining for creating atmospheres, using displays (flares etc) is a complete joke. i think this should be allowed once it is co-ordinated with the clubs and is carried out in a safe manner... need more print media coverage imo too...

A face
15/01/2008, 12:06 PM
- Outlawing fans from standing WILL kill atmosphere. Can someone point out that this cant and probably wont ever happen.

- Can the FAI, who administrate football at all levels in the country do anything about the relationship between eL and Junior football. How long will this Hari Kari continue?

- Will we ever see a situation where all clubs play games on Friday nights and one game that is televised on the Saturday, or something similar.

- Will www.eircomloi.ie ever have an online shop where they can sell goods on behalf of clubs who dont have online stores on a 'not for profit' basis.

- Will there be regular fans forums where eL fans can get their points across in a logical, reasoned manner on league related issues as opposed to previous situation where we only find out about it afterwards.

Have loads more .... will post in a while.

MariborKev
15/01/2008, 12:12 PM
No guarantee that all/any of these will be raised, never mind answered.

Just putting on this before people start whinging come Monday

BohDiddley
15/01/2008, 12:14 PM
- Can the FAI, who administrate football at all levels in the country do anything about the relationship between eL and Junior football. How long will this Hari Kari continue?
Probably the most critical of all. It may be a long-term consideration, but so many of football's problems flow from the divisions between the various levels of the game.

DRDoc
15/01/2008, 1:40 PM
Whats the problem with games spread over a few days each weekend??

LukeO
15/01/2008, 1:51 PM
Who else is going to this? Myself and Philo are going from Bohs.

Battery Rover
15/01/2008, 1:54 PM
Myself and Ash for Athlone

John83
15/01/2008, 1:57 PM
Schumi and I will be there for UCD.

ltfc_2004
15/01/2008, 2:03 PM
Martinho II and Myself will be going on behalf of Longford Town

Raheny Red
15/01/2008, 2:20 PM
Next is the league cup why doesnt it have a sponsor it should be totally revamped and a straight spot in the setanta offered

Always thought it was called the eircom League Cup??

passerrby
15/01/2008, 2:32 PM
if is true to form it will be a pr exercise followed by tea and coffee then five minutes for questions with no real answers followed by a press release saying that eircom league supporters are now fully on board.

John83
15/01/2008, 2:36 PM
if is true to form it will be a pr exercise followed by tea and coffee then five minutes for questions with no real answers followed by a press release saying that eircom league supporters are now fully on board.
It's not like anyone actually believes FAI press releases.

passerrby
15/01/2008, 2:45 PM
It's not like anyone actually believes FAI press releases.

you mean they might not be completely truthful.. well i never.

Cabs88
15/01/2008, 2:48 PM
Martinho II and Myself will be going on behalf of Longford Town

what points do ye intend bringing up??

A face
15/01/2008, 2:58 PM
what points do ye intend bringing up??

What do you want them to bring up? The reps should have the mandate of all their clubs fans.

MariborKev
15/01/2008, 3:25 PM
What do you want them to bring up? The reps should have the mandate of all their clubs fans.

Let's be pragmatic about this.

It is not "Longford Town fans meet FAI" or "Cork City fans meet FAI". Therefore in terms of time and expediency not every issue that every fan from every clubs is going to get raised.

There will be common issue affecting fans of all clubs and I would hope the meeting concentrates on that.

Cabs88
15/01/2008, 3:28 PM

To be honest with ya, after reading this post today was the first time i knew who was going up, i still dont know what they intend bringing up, who chose them to go up etc. I had to contact people to find out who was goin up. The supporters group as a whole should have been informed on such a matter. I intend to get in contact with the necessary people over the next day or two

Block G Raptor
15/01/2008, 3:29 PM

There will be common issue affecting fans of all clubs and I would hope the meeting concentrates on that.

That was my intention in starting this thread; to give a good Idea to the Reps
what topics are prevalent among all eL fans. a consensus if you like

dcfcsteve
15/01/2008, 5:02 PM
Surely some sort of questioning around the proposed AIL ?

E.g. : What is the FAI's view re an AIL per se ?
- What is their view of what they know of this particular proposal ?
- If someone is willing to invest substantial, ongoing sums of money into promoting Irish club football, will the FAI get out of the way and let them do it ?

Sam_Heggy
15/01/2008, 5:42 PM
possibility of a proper e-mail address, where fans of clubs (or supporters clubs reps) can make enquiries that will be answered within a couple of working days. At present if you email the FAI, you seem to get a automated response and if your lucky the proper response (if any) in a few weeks time.

Poor Student
15/01/2008, 6:40 PM
I think our CPO passed on the invite to us from Noel Mooney.

Dodge
15/01/2008, 6:47 PM
I dread to think who'll be there from Pats...

Sam_Heggy
15/01/2008, 6:53 PM
I dread to think who'll be there from Pats...

Dave Rogers and George Ndo?

A face
15/01/2008, 7:01 PM
Cobh Ramblers
Drogheda United
Finn Harps
Kildare County
Kilkenny City
Limerick 37
Monaghan United
Shamrock Rovers
Shelbourne
St. Patricks Athletic
Waterford United

Are these clubs covered yet?
Can you contact your CPO to see if its been sorted?
Can someone contact fans and start collating questions on the reps behalf?

Schumi
15/01/2008, 7:24 PM
Cobh, Kildare, Kilkenny, Monaghan, Shels and Waterford are unrepresented at the moment according to an e-mail I got this afternoon.

Buile Shuibhne
15/01/2008, 7:45 PM
What time does it start at on Saturday and how long is it scheduled to take?

A face
15/01/2008, 7:45 PM
Cobh, Kildare, Kilkenny, Monaghan, Shels and Waterford are unrepresented at the moment according to an e-mail I got this afternoon.

Kildare and Shels should be fine anyway. Not to far away from them.

A face
15/01/2008, 7:46 PM

It 9.30 to 1.00 Saturday morning.

bray boy
15/01/2008, 7:54 PM
does anyone know whos going for bray?

MariborKev
15/01/2008, 8:12 PM
Can you contact your CPO to see if its been sorted?

Not all those clubs have CPOs....

A face
15/01/2008, 8:18 PM
Not all those clubs have CPOs....

But even if fans on here know of anyone willing to go on their behalf it would be good. Would be great to get a full attendance.

LukeO
15/01/2008, 8:30 PM

Get the BD lads down ;)

Martinho II
15/01/2008, 8:55 PM
It 9.30 to 1.00 Saturday morning.

thought it was ten am to one pm???

A face
15/01/2008, 8:58 PM
thought it was ten am to one pm???

Don't be late anyway whatever you do :p

Martinho II
15/01/2008, 9:01 PM
Don't be late anyway whatever you do :p

try not to a face!!:p

Ronnie
16/01/2008, 10:00 AM
Surely some sort of questioning around the proposed AIL ?

E.g. : What is the FAI's view re an AIL per se ?
- What is their view of what they know of this particular proposal ?
- If someone is willing to invest substantial, ongoing sums of money into promoting Irish club football, will the FAI get out of the way and let them do it ?

Steve - you should know better. I'll answer the questions for you
"FAI views the AIL as potentially a great way of moving senior football forward to the next level. It is importnat that we have a consensus in both associations, and from all our members, and full and frank discussion and consultation process before moving forward"
"The FAI is aware of the porposal and will of course listen to what is being proposed. However, until a firm proposal is made to the association it would be wrong of us to repsond to media speculation"
"At any stage we welcome additional investment in our game and we would of course be delighted to meet with any investors. However the associatioon has a remit for all football in this country and in the last year we generated................"

Somewhere along the line I became a bit cynical.......................

monutdfc
16/01/2008, 10:08 AM
Steve - you should know better. I'll answer the questions for you
"FAI views the AIL as potentially a great way of moving senior football forward to the next level. It is importnat that we have a consensus in both associations, and from all our members, and full and frank discussion and consultation process before moving forward"
"The FAI is aware of the porposal and will of course listen to what is being proposed. However, until a firm proposal is made to the association it would be wrong of us to repsond to media speculation"
"At any stage we welcome additional investment in our game and we would of course be delighted to meet with any investors. However the associatioon has a remit for all football in this country and in the last year we generated................"

Somewhere along the line I became a bit cynical.......................
LOL
Funny because it's true.

Block G Raptor
16/01/2008, 10:14 AM
With 2 reps from each club in the same place at the same time would it not be a good idea to get together and form an NLSA type organization, one that's not just a give us tickets or else type group

sniffa
16/01/2008, 10:19 AM
The FAI should be reminded that there are 22 clubs in the Eircom League and NOT just those playing in the Premier Division.
If they had taken this view at the start of last season then Kilkenny, Limerick 37 etc mightn't be in the precarious situation they find themselves in.
I'm talking about CPO's in ALL clubs not just the "elite".
The lower clubs, on much less income, need this assistance more than the successful ones. Whilst this imbalance remains the gulf between the Premier and the First Divisions widens and we all know what happens then.

Hitman
16/01/2008, 10:37 AM
Does the FAI plan to establish a fixed date for the Cup Final in future (e.g. one week after end of the season/ Bank Holiday weekend etc.) rather than last year's ad hoc scheduling?

MariborKev
16/01/2008, 10:56 AM
With 2 reps from each club in the same place at the same time would it not be a good idea to get together and form an NLSA type organization, one that's not just a give us tickets or else type group

Given a fair number of people attending were involved with NLSA, I doubt there will be sufficient interest.

Karl Phillips
17/01/2008, 11:02 AM
All, the sham that takes place in City west ( The FAI awards) where the shakers and movers rub shoulders with the rest of us. The FAI proudly state that they are involved in all levels of our society. I also understand we are just 1 strand in this large organization, my question is, How many people at the awards attend EL Games, how many people at the awards have ever been inside a National League ground, if, as is claimed that a large cross section of society will be there. I would guess that 50% of those attending have never been inside an LOI ground. What can the FAI do about this?

MariborKev
17/01/2008, 12:14 PM
What can the FAI do about this?

Hold the next one in the club house in Monaghan?

amjl
17/01/2008, 1:45 PM
The FAI should be reminded that there are 22 clubs in the Eircom League and NOT just those playing in the Premier Division.
If they had taken this view at the start of last season then Kilkenny, Limerick 37 etc mightn't be in the precarious situation they find themselves in.
I'm talking about CPO's in ALL clubs not just the "elite".
The lower clubs, on much less income, need this assistance more than the successful ones. Whilst this imbalance remains the gulf between the Premier and the First Divisions widens and we all know what happens then.

AFAIK the clubs pay the wages of the CPO. How are the likes of Kilkenny, Limerick, Atlhone, similar 1st Division clubs suppose to do this and "Promote the Club", if some of us sometimes struggle to pay players, debtors, etc., let alone pay wages for a CPO!
Surely if the FAI were trying to promote all 22 clubs in the eircom League They'd foot the bill or subsidise this as it would be in the leagues long term best interests.
All clubs clearly need to be promoted better locally & as all the clubs in the 1st Division get zero national coverage, especailly struggling clubs in the bottom half of the table, its like we dont even exist.

Battery Rover
17/01/2008, 2:08 PM
AFAIK the clubs pay the wages of the CPO.

The FAI give a grant of €15k towords the wage and the club then has to match this

passerrby
17/01/2008, 2:18 PM
Hold the next one in the club house in Monaghan?

we will if you want host the first ever supporters convention and dinner over a weekend in the summer which can finish with a match between the supporters of the first div verses the premier all proceeds to charity, anybody up for it.

Maynard
17/01/2008, 2:57 PM
Sounds like a plan if people really want it...