PDA

View Full Version : friendly at home to shamrock rovers

wexfordseagull
14/01/2008, 7:25 PM
we are at home to shamrock rovers on friday 29th february in a pre season friendly.hopefully this will attract a large crowd and the supporters club will be renewing membership.there is no other details of other friendlies as of yet.see you all there.:eek::p

kopite
15/01/2008, 8:49 PM
would love a game against L37 but they might not be around,wonder what LTID will call himself? could always go and watch cobh........

Youths4Ever
16/01/2008, 7:49 PM
so looking forward to this already :D.

Anyone know when full fixture list is out?

oldyouth
17/01/2008, 1:26 PM
UCD down on the official site for Feb 9th at 2pm. It's all getting very near now

blackholesun
29/01/2008, 9:59 PM
Really looking forward to the first game before the Hoops and the Wexford!

Hoping to make it down myself to this historic occasion and to see the new ground etc.

Fair play to Mick Wallace and all the time, effort and money he had put in. Pity there is not more like him ...

bhs

Footsoldier
31/01/2008, 4:49 PM
And we're looking forward to seeing you down here! I can't wait for this one. My Dad used always go to Milltown as a young lad and I remember passing the ground every weekend when I went up to visit my Nan. When I was living in Dublin in the 90's, a mate of mine bought a house there. I refused to go to the house. Fcuking thing should never have been there!

By the way, I can't wait to go to Tallaght to see Rovers play at home for the first time in 20 odd years (and some of those years have been VERY odd!).

oldyouth
01/02/2008, 11:59 PM
Footsoldier, you and I must be the same generation. I posted elsewhere that my Da used to drop me to the ground but wouldn't come with me 'cos he is a Bohs supporter unless it was an 'old firm' game.

I remember my Aunt lived opposite and I used to go there for a bit of tea while I waited to be collected after the crowd left. I saw John Giles 'live' for the first time there and I swear to God I nearly bricked myself. I'm also Leeds 'til I die so you can imagine.

oldyouth
28/02/2008, 7:22 PM
The pink jerseys (sssshh!) were collected in Dublin today and may be on sale at the game tomorrow night. Seemingly, Mick thinks they will be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I disagree totally.

Mick is a successful businessman and I've been stuck behind a desk for 25 years. Who do you think is right:confused:

Footsoldier
29/02/2008, 9:05 AM
All Hail oldyouth! Our New Leader!!!!

oldyouth
29/02/2008, 1:10 PM
Loyalty will be rewarded:D

I've heard on good authority that the lads are playing in the pink kit tonight:mad:

soccerc
29/02/2008, 1:17 PM
Loyalty will be rewarded:D

I've heard on good authority that the lads are playing in the pink kit tonight:mad:

Nice shirt hmmmmm (http://www.chatsoccer.eu/news/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=288&Itemid=1)

ifk101
29/02/2008, 1:28 PM
Looks very familar that jersey

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/product_details.jsp?pid=72057594037945213&cid=554&brc=&red=product_list.jsp?id=554,mid=-1,

Footsoldier
29/02/2008, 1:38 PM
There's a reason for the similarity!

I'll reserve judgement until I see it tonight.

deecay
29/02/2008, 1:48 PM
Will it just be on sale in the club shop?

oldyouth
29/02/2008, 1:59 PM
I'm told it is unlikely for tonight. They were collected in Dublin yesterday. They should be there for the 1st league game though next Friday

passinginterest
29/02/2008, 2:11 PM
It's not too bad. Looks more like a goalkeepers jersey if you ask me though.
I'd consider wearing it.

ForzaForth
29/02/2008, 7:00 PM
Looks like a French rugby shirt (Stade Francais ??). Don't think I'll be buying it

ForzaForth
29/02/2008, 10:52 PM
Nil-nil result in friendly against Rovers tonight in poor match in very windy conditions. Thought Ducker Hawkins and Stuart Lawlor played well. Rovers were disappointing in my view.

Wexford starting 11 was Russell, Hawkins, Wadding, Lawlor, McGuire, Malone, Flynn O'Connor, Doyle, Fitzgerald, Russell and O'Loughlin. Subs in second half included K. Dempsey, A. Harper and Darren Browne.

oldyouth
29/02/2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah, very poor game. Each keeper made 1 save each. I think the wind was worse out in the centre than we felt at the side of the pitch. Not very attack minded from the Youths, but I'd be a worried man if I was a Rovers fan. Nothing much on display there

blackholesun
01/03/2008, 9:38 PM
The weather killed any hopes of a game of football ... but I was extremely impressed with the facilities and the hospitality on offer. It will be a fabulous facility when the stand goes in. Pitch needs to be moved alot closer to the fence though!

Pity but not surprised to hear reports of the local GAAlibans cronies doing everything they can to thwart the development of the ground every step of the way.

Some pics and a report here http://hoopssc.blogspot.com.

Looking forward to my next trip down!

koh

bhs

ForzaWexford
01/03/2008, 10:03 PM
Just on the pitch having to be closer to the fence.....it used to be!

This time last year when the FAI were inspecting the place Mick was told he had to narrow the pitch. I'm after forgetting by how much exactly but each corner flag was moved in 2 or 3 metres. The pitch is now maximum length and width as far as I know.

blackholesun
01/03/2008, 10:15 PM
Just on the pitch having to be closer to the fence.....it used to be!

This time last year when the FAI were inspecting the place Mick was told he had to narrow the pitch. I'm after forgetting by how much exactly but each corner flag was moved in 2 or 3 metres. The pitch is now maximum length and width as far as I know.

Hhhmmm, maybe with the temporary stand to go in on the far side it wont be that bad from over there ...

koh

bhs

oldyouth
02/03/2008, 8:34 AM
The weather killed any hopes of a game of football ... but I was extremely impressed with the facilities and the hospitality on offer. It will be a fabulous facility when the stand goes in. Pitch needs to be moved alot closer to the fence though!

Pity but not surprised to hear reports of the local GAAlibans cronies doing everything they can to thwart the development of the ground every step of the way.

Some pics and a report here http://hoopssc.blogspot.com.

Looking forward to my next trip down!

koh

bhs
Glad you enjoyed it. Good pics and report. You Rovers lads must be very flush. That wine which one of your lads is necking is €30 a bottle:p

blackholesun
02/03/2008, 1:21 PM
> That wine which one of your lads is necking is €30 a bottle

Cheap compared with Dublin prices :D

bhs

paudie
03/03/2008, 4:39 PM
Nice shirt hmmmmm (http://www.chatsoccer.eu/news/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=288&Itemid=1)

Not a bad jersey IMHO.
If pink & black is good enough for Palermo it's good enough for Wexford Youths;)

oldyouth
03/03/2008, 8:21 PM
I have to admit that it is not as bad as I had feared. Still not suitable for the 'fuller figured gentleman' like meself