PDA

View Full Version : Dave Warren to Limerick

sadloserkid
12/06/2003, 9:09 AM
Only on-loan though so keep your hair on alright? :)

Can you confirm or deny the rumours?

And basically, tell me about the lad, is he any good and what can we expect at Pike SC from him if he comes?

Thanks!

NorthoftheLee
12/06/2003, 10:27 AM
Where did you hear this from??? haven't heard a thing about it.

Hasn't really had a fair chance to prove himself. From what most people have seen, including myself, he seems to have good potential. maybe a good spell of consecutive games in the 1st will do him the world of good. Get his confidence up..

joe
12/06/2003, 10:28 AM
he was part of brian kerr's squad that won the u-16 euro championship in scotland a few years back. he was with wrexham for a few years and made a fair few appearances, mainly at right wing back, from what i can remember. apparently he was the second quickest player at the club, behind the brother of some olympic sprinter.

made a pretty impressive start at city last season, playing on the left wing in place of the suspended billy woods in the 3-0 win over shels, but for some reason has never got a run of more than a few games under his belt.

during his time at city has played at right-back (in the second half ov the cork-limerick friendly at ul a while back ;)) wight wing, left wing and up front.

imho he's a good player and should be a lot closer to our starting elven than he finds himself at the moment.

sadloserkid
12/06/2003, 10:29 AM
Somebody posted it on our forum...

patsh
12/06/2003, 12:06 PM
If this is true, it's a bad thing for City. Dave Warren really deserves a run of games in the City team. He could be as good, if not better, than Billy on the wing, and to loan him out without being given a proper chance is bad form on Dolan's part.
Given that our midfield is the problem area, he should have got a run out long ago.

liamon
12/06/2003, 2:26 PM
As things stand, he's not in the first squad and doesn't look like making it this season. Maybe this is a way of getting him off the wage bill?
We do have a large squad and we need to offload a few players, if we're going to bring in some quality players to challenge for first team places. I don't think Warren is one of those that should get the boot, but it's up to Pat D.

Warren needs games, as he's been on the bench too long. A loan spell might do him good.

yiddo
12/06/2003, 5:44 PM
Fair play to Dave if he goes on loan. He hasn't been treated fairly at City as regards the first team this year. He must be worth at least a place on the bench. At least with Limerick he should be playing every week and that has to be better than playing with the reserves.
I hope it works out for him and that Pat realises what a good player he is.

tiktok
12/06/2003, 9:53 PM
i'd be sorry to see him go, but defiinitely would wish him the best of luck. i don't think he's gotten a fair go at city, deserved more.

sadloserkid
13/06/2003, 8:15 AM
And I can now confirm that as things stand David Warren will be embarking in a loan spell with Limerick!

bert
14/06/2003, 1:47 AM
it seems that both he and Andrews are now due to go to Queenstown.

yan
16/06/2003, 10:12 AM
was talking to him saturday night in cubins with t tynan,he said he was off on loan,he only wanted to go for a month but dolan told him to go for rest of season,i went to school wit both of them and i think his preference is cobh because tynan is there and a wolfe is back aswell,they played at wrexham together aswell,
best of luck dave,

by the way most of the ramblers team was in cubins that nite,was talking to w bruton and asked him why he didnt sign for city and simply said he loves cobh!!!

tiktok
16/06/2003, 3:07 PM
if dolan told him to go for the season then he obviously isn't really part of dolan's plans and he's probably already trying to trim the wages a little. hope he does well enough for ramblers to have another good long look at him when the loan spell is over though, i still think he can do the business for city.

pete
16/06/2003, 4:13 PM
Never been too impressed with Warren myself. Granted he not been given too many chances but has never looked better than the rest of the average squad member midfielders at city.

A loan move with be good for city & Warren as worked out fairly well for both Greg & Colin T in the past...

City should be open to at least short term loan offers for any squad member who not at least sitting on the bench.

tiktok
16/06/2003, 4:19 PM
Originally posted by pete
A loan move with be good for city & Warren as worked out fairly well for both Greg & Colin T in the past...

City should be open to at least short term loan offers for any squad member who not at least sitting on the bench.

true enough about greg, although i think Colin T did better at waterford than he's done since he got back to city, he still seems to be a fringe player (or at best a stopgap) oin Dolan's plans.

agree that there's no point having players around if their not in management's plans. better to have them playing football somewhere else, in the case of an injury crisis (or some such thing) they can always be recalled.

ramsie
17/06/2003, 5:43 PM
Ive heard that rumor as well if its true it would be great for ramblers

sadloserkid
18/06/2003, 8:14 AM
It's starting to look like he is going to Ramblers now. I suppose it makes more sense for him, it's nearer to home and he'll find it easier to hold his place! ;)

ramsie
18/06/2003, 5:32 PM
Ya i think they are comming 2 cobh if Dave Hill stays

ian
18/06/2003, 6:43 PM
A ramsie that would be good for you lot down in cobh best of luck if they do go to you.:cool: And best of luck to you to up in limerick.