PDA

View Full Version : POTY Competition - 2007 Voting

sligoman
14/01/2008, 4:39 PM
Right, Post of the Year time again. The winner of September's POTM has been deleted from foot.ie so September's winning post will not be in the poll. The poll will remain open for 10 days from today. There is also a small prize being provided for the winner by dahamsta, and a picture of the prize will be posted at a later time.

Vote away!

[EDIT: When he said small, he wasn't kidding. I bought these little fellas specifically for Foot.ie ages ago and I've never gotten around to giving them away, so here they are. The winner can take their pick. They're moneyboxes btw. --adam]

[EDIT2: Actually given it's POTY, I'll add a GBP£25 Play.com gift voucher. That works out to about €30-35. --adam]

Block G Raptor
14/01/2008, 4:51 PM
Bluebeard's red carpet welcome is a shoe in

Sh! I voted for the wrong bluebeard post, can that be changed ?

sligoman
14/01/2008, 5:01 PM
Sh! I voted for the wrong bluebeard post, can that be changed ?No problem, it's changed now.

Block G Raptor
14/01/2008, 5:05 PM
Cheers Mate!

Regardless of the outcome of the vote I think it's clear who gets the Poster of the year award

John83
14/01/2008, 5:10 PM
Cheers Mate!

Regardless of the outcome of the vote I think it's clear who gets the Poster of the year award
Indeed. Well done Mr A! ;)

pineapple stu
14/01/2008, 6:19 PM
Cavan fan for me.

Disturbing to think that October's POTM winner was discussing who was going to be succeeding Staunton*...

*Oxymoron not intended.

Kingdom
14/01/2008, 8:08 PM
This might be bad form, but with the year that was in it would WWS not be a worthy winner?

kingdom hoop
15/01/2008, 12:22 AM
Bluebeard's red carpet welcome is a shoe in

He certainly has a foot in, the door, thanks to our votes. But not sure the bearded one's sandals can wedge open the door enough to enter the Foot Pantheon.

Maybe we can vociferately shoo the pursuing predators from his tail?

(fear not, I'm probably groaning louder than the rest o' ye :D)

osarusan
15/01/2008, 12:29 AM
bluebeard's leading post has 5 votes, but the list of voters shows only four names.

gilberto_eire
15/01/2008, 12:42 AM
WWS was the poster who passed away right?

kingdom hoop
15/01/2008, 12:57 AM
bluebeard's leading post has 5 votes, but the list of voters shows only four names.

Mysterious eh!!

Not to worry....Kingdom 'Miss Marple' Hoop is at hand to reveal Lord Raptor was the surreptitious, incognito voter.

Stay tuned for the dramatic denouement....

Bluebeard
15/01/2008, 1:17 AM
Best post of the year was, by a long way, Jamjar's query of a poster who was saying that he worked beside a radio in the mornings, asking "Are you a toaster?"

All else is dross beside it.

Except for Strangeirish's which raised a chuckle.

osarusan
15/01/2008, 1:39 AM
Not to worry....Kingdom 'Miss Marple' Hoop is at hand to reveal Lord Raptor was the surreptitious, incognito voter.

I see.....Miss Marple was ingenious enough to read the earlier posts on the thread!

kingdom hoop
15/01/2008, 1:43 AM
Best post of the year was, by a long way, Jamjar's query of a poster who was saying that he worked beside a radio in the mornings, asking "Are you a toaster?"

To which the toaster (in a bemused manner) replied, "surely you recognise me Jamjar? For it is I who excitedly pops up in the mornings in eager anticipation that your beautiful, slick rim lies in wait for the arrival of my erected paddle." :D

Fcuk though, I can't believe Jamjar's joke didn't win POTM at the time! A classic if ever there was one! Must've been one of those 'Group of 'Death' months I guess.

Yep Osarusan, she's an observant old hag alright. A quality passed on to her beloved grandson!

Réiteoir
15/01/2008, 1:55 AM
ah ffs - I was the winner of the September POTM ( http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=73486 ) - and just because the thread was lost I don't get a look in?

kingdom hoop
15/01/2008, 2:07 AM
Don't be selfish Réiteoir.*

Now, I simply must demand that this poll is reset and that I'm instated as the September nominee.

*A joke, of course

sligoman
15/01/2008, 3:16 PM
ah ffs - I was the winner of the September POTM ( http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=73486 ) - and just because the thread was lost I don't get a look in?What were you expecting me to link it to? I clicked your post and it's just the error message. I've no idea what the post was so I'm afraid there's not a lot I can do.

Raheny Red
15/01/2008, 3:19 PM
Why is there 14 nominations?

Cavan fan's post is comical, great post.

sligoman
15/01/2008, 3:21 PM
Why is there 14 nominations?Some month's there was joint winners.

jebus
15/01/2008, 3:25 PM
Cavan Fan's post gets my vote, purely because Baileban's piece on Dahamsta's sexual habits was pulled at the last minute in November :)

John83
15/01/2008, 3:29 PM
Some month's there was joint winners.
Thanked him.

rambler14
18/01/2008, 5:39 PM
I feel Bluebeards posts are too long that is why I voted for hoops1 very clever post.
Mr A's 3rd nomination about the slowest player in the league.

cavan_fan
18/01/2008, 9:08 PM
hoops1 for me too, amazing how few are to do with football

Mr A
19/01/2008, 2:07 AM
Football is over rated.

Bluebeard
19/01/2008, 4:57 PM
I feel Bluebeards posts are too long that is why I voted for hoops1 very clever post.
Mr A's 3rd nomination about the slowest player in the league.

I completely concur with you - I reckon my best post last year was only 6 words long.

CuanaD
21/01/2008, 10:59 AM
Bluebeard has a couple of classics in there, welcome to the boards should be mailed to EVERY newbie, but, with the year that was in it, I HAD to vote WWS

:ball: :ball:

Billsthoughts
22/01/2008, 10:34 AM
This might be bad form, but with the year that was in it would WWS not be a worthy winner?

no bad form at all mate.

Bluebeard
22/01/2008, 11:56 AM
Bluebeard has a couple of classics in there, welcome to the boards should be mailed to EVERY newbie, but, with the year that was in it, I HAD to vote WWS
:ball: :ball:

Jaysus - it is far from bad form, and I take what you said as a compliment, not a snub. What would be bad form would be anyone thinking you wrong for you voting this way.

I think many of us miss WWS in different ways - in my case I had only the passing acquaintance of reading his posts, rather than really knowing the lad, but I did enjoy them - he came out with some right corkers over the years. It is great to see his name back on this as it does remind us all that he was a firm and welcome presence here.

sligoman
24/01/2008, 8:43 PM
After 102 votes, we have a clear winner in Bluebeard with 33% of the vote. Congrats! PM dahamsta to arrange your prize and thanks for voting everyone!

dahamsta
24/01/2008, 8:47 PM
Well deserved that man!

cavan_fan
25/01/2008, 7:41 AM
a good win, though i sense a blue peter vote rigging scandal!

Bluebeard
26/01/2008, 1:28 AM
a good win, though i sense a blue peter vote rigging scandal!

I agree, though when you consider that it took me ages to set-up all of those e-mails and to establish all of those other persona online to the point where most of them seem almost like different real people with real opinions and thoughts of their own, I think you'll agree that I do deserve it.

osarusan
26/01/2008, 2:15 AM
I agree, though when you consider that it took me ages to set-up all of those e-mails and to establish all of those other persona online to the point where most of them seem almost like different real people with real opinions and thoughts of their own, I think you'll agree that I do deserve it.

:D
Actually I see that one of the persona you invented to vote for you goes by the username of "Dahamsta". You could have put a bit more thought into that one.

You appear to have been planning this for at least 4 or 5 years, given the length of time some of your invented posters have been on the site. Forward planning!

In some cases, they've been on the site even longer than you!

dahamsta
26/01/2008, 2:13 PM
I'm Bluebeard and so is my wife.