PDA

View Full Version : on loan signing

joeSoap
12/06/2003, 8:26 AM
Scoop!!! Ye heard it here first. Mike Kerley has been trying to secure the on loan services of some lad called Warren (surname) from Cork City. All I know is that he's a striker....hallellujah!!!
Will keep ye posted.

joeSoap
12/06/2003, 8:36 AM
This will give ye the lowdown on Dave Warren.
__________________________________________________ __
DAVE WARREN

Squad Status
First Team Squad Member
Position
Midfielder
Birth Info
DOB: February 28, 1981
Place: Cork
Previous Clubs
1999-2002 - Wrexham
City Debut vs Shelbourne (home) 3-0, 5 July 2002

BIOGRAPHY
Returned to Cork after three years at Wrexham in the summer and was promptly signed by Liam Murphy. Played up front in pre-season, and got amongst the goals, but has played down the flanks since the season began in earnest.
Won the Under-16 European Championship with Ireland in 1998.
__________________________________________________ __

This was taken from the official Cork City site.
So, whats the view on this one then??

LFC in Exile
12/06/2003, 8:53 AM
If this is true it is a huge scoop. I've seen a bit of Cork and cannot understand how Murphy and now Dolan wouldn't give Warren a run. He is too good for the First Division but if he's available and signs the my money on Limerick winning the division is as good as spent. :)

Joe - you've made my day.

LFC in Exile
12/06/2003, 8:57 AM
This is from the Cork board

http://www.eirways.com/citynet/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1790

sadloserkid
12/06/2003, 9:07 AM
Sounds good to me. We need another striker so that's a good move from Kerley! :)

joe
12/06/2003, 10:31 AM
not trying to burst the bubble or anything, but he's not really a striker, even though he has played there a few times for us. i posted a reply on slk's thread in the city section if ye wanna read that.

sadloserkid
12/06/2003, 10:37 AM
Check out the post Joe's referring to here! (http://www.foot.ie/t8095.htm)

:ball:

deise deserter
12/06/2003, 2:49 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Check out the post Joe's referring to here! (http://www.foot.ie/t8095.htm)

:ball:

Huh!! Posts about posts!! - Where is the Moderator!!!????!?
;) :D

sadloserkid
12/06/2003, 2:50 PM
Originally posted by deise deserter
Huh!! Posts about posts!! - Where is the Moderator!!!????!?
;) :D

It's buerocracy gone mad baby!!! :cool:

sadloserkid
13/06/2003, 9:15 AM
I can now confirm that as things stand the loan signing of David Warren to Limerick is on! In fact it looks as though Joe Soap mighta posted it here even before even Mike Kerley knew for sure! The internet huh?

joeSoap
13/06/2003, 10:14 AM
excellent sources.....more to come!!!!!

LFC in Exile
13/06/2003, 12:55 PM
Queenstown chasing Warren too?

http://www.eirways.com/citynet/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11811#11811

sadloserkid
13/06/2003, 1:12 PM
Originally posted by LFC in Exile
Queenstown chasing Warren too?

http://www.eirways.com/citynet/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11811#11811

Hmmm... maybe they are then. The impression we were given last night is that it's pretty much concrete. And the lad who suggested they were going to Fight Club FC is (if he's who I think he is) a bit tempermental and I'd take what he says with a grain of salt.

ramsie
17/06/2003, 5:56 PM
I reckon if Hill is still in charge in 2 weeks hell be wearing the claret and blue jersey of Cobh Ramblers

sadloserkid
18/06/2003, 8:16 AM
Originally posted by ramsie
I reckon if Hill is still in charge in 2 weeks hell be wearing the claret and blue jersey of Cobh Ramblers

I hate to admit it but so do I! I think Cobh's AGM is tonight so we should know if Hill is still there or not by tomorrow.

lims fan
18/06/2003, 9:55 AM
and has this italian guy ricardo found his passport yet?

sadloserkid
18/06/2003, 9:57 AM
I heard just a few minutes ago that he hasn't been seen in a few weeks so make what you will of that.

lims fan
18/06/2003, 11:20 AM
nio transparency and nothing happening in this 2 week break. We need 5 players we haven't even got 1 yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dellboy
18/06/2003, 11:39 PM
Yes ye have was talking to a friend of Davie Warrens and he said that he is definately going to limerick and John Andrews and Gareth Cronin are going to Queenstown whatever the result of the AGM is tonite

sadloserkid
19/06/2003, 8:26 AM
Originally posted by Dellboy
Yes ye have was talking to a friend of Davie Warrens and he said that he is definately going to limerick

Nice one! Cheers for that Dellboy! :D

LFC in Exile
19/06/2003, 12:18 PM
Another excellent signing - thanks to Noel O'Connor too I'd say. What do you think Lims Fan? :)

LFC in Exile
19/06/2003, 12:26 PM
From eleven-a-side.com

Limerick in hunt for Warren

It has been confirmed that Limerick FC are in negotiations with Cork City concerning a loan deal for City winger Dave Warren, but any possible deal between the clubs will not be finalised until the Limerick boss Mike Kerley returns from holidays next week.

Former Wrexham man Warren has not been able to seal a place in the plans of Cork boss Pat Dolan this season, and it is almost certain that he will be farmed out on loan for the rest of the season.

And Limerick boss Kerley admitted that he was interested in the player, saying: “We’re talking to Cork about Dave Warren, but I won’t be back from holiday until the weekend so we won’t be able to confirm it until then.”

Cobh Ramblers are also said to be interested in taking the 22-year-old, who can play on either wing or up front.

Warren was part of Brian Kerr’s under-16 squad that went all the way to European Championship success in 1998.

Dellboy
19/06/2003, 12:45 PM
It's a shame warren couldn't get a place in the starting eleven down here he's a great player and better than some of the players dolan is playing now.

sadloserkid
19/06/2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by LFC in Exile
Another excellent signing - thanks to Noel O'Connor too I'd say. What do you think Lims Fan? :)

Yeah, good old Noel is still looking out for us! :D

super rambler
19/06/2003, 6:33 PM
at the AGM last night dave hill was asked about warren he said he couldn't comment.warren is best friends with our right back they were in wrexham together,that might help him make up his mind...i think he'll be playing for us after the break for the special olympics

lims fan
20/06/2003, 8:10 AM
you can't shake off this Noel O'Connor complex you have. You seem to think this guy HAS signed. Wait until he signs or you will have egg all over your face again.

deise deserter
20/06/2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by lims fan
you (LFC in Exile) can't shake off this Noel O'Connor complex you have.

Sorry Lims, but I nearly wet myself when I read this!:D ;)

super rambler
21/06/2003, 4:35 PM
did he sign for some1 yet

ramsie
24/06/2003, 10:39 PM
i havent heard anything about it
i cant see them sign for limerick with there problems at the moment

deise deserter
05/07/2003, 10:43 AM
Cian: Grow up you pathetic little loser. Look at the League table - that's all that need be said.