PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season

dublinwanderer
14/01/2008, 2:16 PM
started back training on saturday. picture of team training on website. squad will prob start to take shape over next few weeks, hopefully eddie will realise we need a new striker and midfielder!!!

oh did anyone else hear that the squad is going away to spain for a weeks pre-season training? does anyone in the club not update the website and let the supporters / people involved in club know about club plans...

yet again website fails to deliver imo...

mightyseagull
14/01/2008, 8:55 PM
website is terrible only place you here anything is on this site:mad:

BrayUnknowns
15/01/2008, 9:39 AM

Yeah and 3/4s of the stuff on here is complete and utter gossip though! For example, i think it was DublinWanderer who said Bray had all but signed Trevor Molloy and he had heard it from a very reliable source :rolleyes:

What's the point in the club putting up stories if their not true? would make them look like complete fools in fairness. I know the guy with the beard runs the site (can't remember his name) and i think he does a very good job, when the club has any official news he gets it up pretty much straight away, which is the way it should be done - if it's official it goes on the site, if not then it will most likely be posted here 1st....

IMO, no club should get involved in gossip and they should certianly not put it on their web sites.

Bray Head
15/01/2008, 11:28 AM
started back training on saturday. picture of team training on website. squad will prob start to take shape over next few weeks, hopefully eddie will realise we need a new striker and midfielder!!!

oh did anyone else hear that the squad is going away to spain for a weeks pre-season training? does anyone in the club not update the website and let the supporters / people involved in club know about club plans...

yet again website fails to deliver imo...

Spain ? Where did you hear this ? I would be very surprised if this was the case. They went to Limerick last year for a week end training. Can't see a part time club going to the expense of going to Spain and paying wages to players to compensate for time off work.

braysnumber1
15/01/2008, 12:21 PM
now in all fairness the website takes about a month to be updated - ie new players were announced in the wicklow news had signed for bray 3-4 weeks later the club decided to put them on the internet. the website should have announced these signings 1st then the paper...

pre-season in spain i heard about it myself - wasnt sure whether it was true though.

would like to see 2-3 more new players rather than a week in the sun for the lads!!!!

dublinwanderer
15/01/2008, 12:52 PM
Yeah and 3/4s of the stuff on here is complete and utter gossip though! For example, i think it was DublinWanderer who said Bray had all but signed Trevor Molloy and he had heard it from a very reliable source :rolleyes:

What's the point in the club putting up stories if their not true? would make them look like complete fools in fairness. I know the guy with the beard runs the site (can't remember his name) and i think he does a very good job, when the club has any official news he gets it up pretty much straight away, which is the way it should be done - if it's official it goes on the site, if not then it will most likely be posted here 1st....

IMO, no club should get involved in gossip and they should certianly not put it on their web sites.

is that not what foot.ie is for? you hear a story and you post and have a discusion of sorts about it?? oh and my source behind the trev molloy signing was normally reliable and he got a few kicks from that not happening...

and i agree the web site shouldnt have any rumours etc but if a new player signs the website should be the first to announce it and it should be done asap.

Spain ? Where did you hear this ? I would be very surprised if this was the case. They went to Limerick last year for a week end training. Can't see a part time club going to the expense of going to Spain and paying wages to players to compensate for time off work.

i actually heard this from a player. i was surprised myself. but if they come back from it a better squad, and win a few more games and STAY UP it would be worth it!!!

BrayUnknowns
15/01/2008, 1:28 PM
now in all fairness the website takes about a month to be updated - ie new players were announced in the wicklow news had signed for bray 3-4 weeks later the club decided to put them on the internet. the website should have announced these signings 1st then the paper...

pre-season in spain i heard about it myself - wasnt sure whether it was true though.

would like to see 2-3 more new players rather than a week in the sun for the lads!!!!

I had that same arguement with a mate of mine, he said they should have been on the site 1st. Yes they should have been but only when they were official... They were not official when the wicklow news had them in the paper, it was well before the transfer window had opened and could not be made official until then. Sure Doherty was still playing for Longford in the cup final when the WN released that we had signed him. When the transfer window opened and players were registered that is when the club made it official news, the correct way of doing things IMO.

Agree would much prefer new players than the squad go to spain, which i think is pie in the sky being honest, can't see us having the mula for that being hones, very pricey for these trips...

bray boy
16/01/2008, 6:22 PM
lads walkin past the carlsile this morning.......................just to see one of the dressing rooms suspended in 20 feet in the air :eek:
we getting new ones or was this an outragous robbery of our beloved portacabins???

Seagull
16/01/2008, 8:23 PM
lads walkin past the carlsile this morning.......................just to see one of the dressing rooms suspended in 20 feet in the air :eek:
we getting new ones or was this an outragous robbery of our beloved portacabins???

I heard they're being replaced with something more permanent but afaik they'll be behind the Dart-side stand eventually...

BrayUnknowns
16/01/2008, 9:37 PM

My brother was talking to one of the builders and he was saying that they are replacing the changing rooms and the offices at the other end of the ground. nice ot see a bit of progress, fair play.

tippex
16/01/2008, 9:57 PM
yeah thats good to see but why oh why does the club not update the site and let the supporters know whats going on it would be nice to know and see the plans for the long term that the club have or havent.

KR's Post
17/01/2008, 10:06 AM

Which is lifted from Paul Dowlings reports in the Wicklow News, he's your Bray Wanderers info man. Always has been! Everything you here in the Paper is true aswell, so whether it's early or not doesn't matter onec it's true. Doherty had probs signed a pre contract! Bray people very poor coverage this week!

lowflyingseagul
17/01/2008, 1:03 PM
Which is lifted from Paul Dowlings reports in the Wicklow News, he's your Bray Wanderers info man. Always has been! Everything you here in the Paper is true aswell, so whether it's early or not doesn't matter onec it's true. Doherty had probs signed a pre contract! Bray people very poor coverage this week!

ok paul

Grasshopper 99
17/01/2008, 2:31 PM
New offices and changing rooms to be in place for next season aswell as the team were in spain for a pre season match.

bray boy
17/01/2008, 8:30 PM
think its ridiculous that the website dont have any of this up

braysnumber1
18/01/2008, 1:59 PM
are the new changing rooms/offices going to be temperary or pernament or does anyone know? will the changing rooms and offices be located wher the current offices are? :confused:

As no info on official site i'l try find out here....

Oh should we make a new thread about website comments / ground development... this is ment to be a pre-season thread!!!:):)

Seagull
18/01/2008, 9:07 PM
are the new changing rooms/offices going to be temperary or pernament or does anyone know? will the changing rooms and offices be located wher the current offices are? :confused:

As no info on official site i'l try find out here....

Oh should we make a new thread about website comments / ground development... this is ment to be a pre-season thread!!!:):)

I think the dressing rooms at least are meant to eventually go behind the Dart-side stand. Don't know how far down the road that might be though. Also, I thought that stand was getting a roof?

KR's Post
19/01/2008, 8:28 AM
ok paul

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

dublinwanderer
27/01/2008, 9:21 AM
Look lads, KR is not Paul Dowling, I know who KR is and its is definitly not Paul Dowling. The hint is in the name KR - who used go to all games with those initials... And he might be coming back... :)

Oh talking about pre-season, www.braywanderers.ie have info about a friendly against Monaghan in Rathnew on 28th Jan and a weekend training in Limerick.

This is the first bit of info that has been released on the Bray website first, before any one else got it!!! It isnt even on Monaghan's website yet....

Magicme
28/01/2008, 11:30 PM
Look lads, KR is not Paul Dowling, I know who KR is and its is definitly not Paul Dowling. The hint is in the name KR - who used go to all games with those initials... And he might be coming back... :)

Oh talking about pre-season, www.braywanderers.ie have info about a friendly against Monaghan in Rathnew on 28th Jan and a weekend training in Limerick.

This is the first bit of info that has been released on the Bray website first, before any one else got it!!! It isnt even on Monaghan's website yet....

Thats coz I only found out about it 2 minutes before going into our AGM! Apparently it was only confirmed today. We won. Thats all you need to know! :D

KR's Post
31/01/2008, 9:12 AM
... And he might be coming back... :)

:eek: ;) We'll see!!

L37Ultra
01/02/2008, 11:49 PM
Any more info on this lads? It says on Aertel it is being played in Jackman Park.

mightyseagull
02/02/2008, 6:01 PM
Any more info on this lads? It says on Aertel it is being played in Jackman Park.

http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=551&tt_news=284

as normal we hear more information about our club on here:eek:

L37Ultra
05/02/2008, 10:08 AM
http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=551&tt_news=284

as normal we hear more information about our club on here:eek:

Just to let ye know its changed to 2p.m on Saturday to the University Of Limerick, due to ongoing pitch repair in Jackman Park.