PDA

View Full Version : Irish League Team of the Season

finnpark
13/01/2008, 10:21 PM
We have had this over on the Eircom League forum for the Eircom but it would be interesting to see IL fans' "team of the season". i.e. pick 11 best players this seasons for each position on the field. 1 Gk, 4 def, 4 mid and 2 stks. I assume it will mainly consist of Lingfield players?

SolitudeRed
14/01/2008, 12:02 AM
We have had this over on the Eircom League forum for the Eircom but it would be interesting to see IL fans' "team of the season". i.e. pick 11 best players this seasons for each position on the field. 1 Gk, 4 def, 4 mid and 2 stks. I assume it will mainly consist of Lingfield players?

Well the football writers team of the season from 06/07 had 3 or 4 Cliftonville players in it. I'd say Gary Hamilton from Glentoran was probably in it think he was the top scorer last season IIRC. I'm pretty sure there were a couple of other players from other clubs as well.

As for this season Its hard to chose what players would be in it from Cliftonville as we are still unbeaten in the league and all the players have been doing well. But the midfielders George McMullan and Kieran O'Connor are two players that stand out for me.

Mr_Parker
14/01/2008, 1:10 PM
Well the football writers team of the season from 06/07 had 3 or 4 Cliftonville players in it. I'd say Gary Hamilton from Glentoran was probably in it think he was the top scorer last season IIRC. I'm pretty sure there were a couple of other players from other clubs as well.

As for this season Its hard to chose what players would be in it from Cliftonville as we are still unbeaten in the league and all the players have been doing well. But the midfielders George McMullan and Kieran O'Connor are two players that stand out for me.

Add Ronan Scannell & John Connelly to that.

Graemerz
14/01/2008, 1:32 PM
On this season performances Alan Mannus, Michael Gault and Peter Thompson would be in it from Linfield, maybe Aidan O'Kane too...