PDA

View Full Version : Flating finding in Dublin !!

A face
12/06/2003, 12:31 AM
Lads,

Looking for some help. I might have to go to Dublin soon and i am trying to do a bit of homework on flat finding in Dublin. If i go ... i will be working near Dame street/OConnell Bridge area and would like to get something 20-30 mins from it.
What is the best way to go about this. Is it just the papers or agencies, has anyone got any ideas/info on this.

Any help would be welcome.

tiktok
12/06/2003, 1:24 AM
i can't offer advice on where to go, mates of mine usually went to the evening herald, but my advice is to find out if you're definitely going as soon as possible. once mid july comes round the demand rises with students planning next year and it gets awful.

and believe me, i'm not saying you'll be staying in a student hovel (:( oh the bittersweet memories) but they will be competing for even the nice expensive places such is the demand for accomodation up there now.

gspain
12/06/2003, 9:21 AM
Try www.daft.ie

Macy
12/06/2003, 9:25 AM
Try daft (http://www.daft.ie) , although I've always found gaffs through people I know.... Whether you'll find anywhere offering value within 30 mins is debatable.....

Ash
12/06/2003, 9:50 AM
IMHO if your looking for something that wont rob you
and around 30 minutes walk from O'Connell Street
I'd be thinking somewhere around the Drumcondra
area. No further out than Richmond Road I reckon.

Dont know the south side

d13bohs
12/06/2003, 11:51 AM
Ash, you're better off:D Northside all the way!

Re flat-finding, Drumcondra would be your best bet all right, the Evening Herald or the Dublin Daily would be the places to look

SÓC
12/06/2003, 2:14 PM
Dont discount the South side, there are some very nice places around Sandyford which are reasonably cheap, you also have Dart and QBC buses, public transport in that area is brillent.

Dodge
12/06/2003, 2:26 PM
I live in Kilmainham (which is about 25-30 minutes from Dame St) Loads of apartments and very quiet place to live (also 10 minute swalk from Inchicore!) I got the place through www.daft.ie

pete
16/06/2003, 10:43 AM
Also try loadza.com which is basically the Evening Herald online.

Its good to keep in mind that distance doesn't always equate to time from city centre. Often futher out suburbs better served by public transport can get you to the city faster.