PDA

View Full Version : Andy Smith

Real ale Madrid
11/06/2003, 11:31 PM
Andy Smith of Glentoran played the full game for N. Ireland against Spain tonight and from what little i saw of the game he seemed to do well considering he was up against Helguera/Puyol must be a big boost for the Irish league?

A face
12/06/2003, 12:32 AM
Man, i thought they were doing very well, their last game they lost 2 nil and then to finish nil all against Spain .... fair play to them !!

gspain
12/06/2003, 8:02 AM
By all accounts NI were brilliant.

Spain are ehading for the playoffs now as Greece have only to beat Armenia away and NI home to win the group. Wouldn't fancy them if we end up in the playoffs.

Scouse
12/06/2003, 4:44 PM
Was flicking between matches. Who was the Bristol City player with the Miami Vice beard - i think it was his first game at Windsor Park, he was excellent. Its amazing what a bit of fighting spirit can do for a team.

belfastduncer
09/07/2003, 2:00 AM
That was Tommy Doherty, (no not that one, the physio's wives are safe), and he's been a Godsend. Apparently his parents are from Londonderry although he was born in Bristol. Who cares?
Smiffy was good as well, and might well be in a Hibs jersey next year. Anything would be an improvement on a Glentoran jersey.

Duncan Gardner
06/09/2003, 12:56 PM
I fancy the blond bombshell to nick one today!

paudie
11/09/2003, 1:50 PM
Good to see Andy starting against Armenia.

Healy should have passed to him to put him straight through at one stage.

I hope he gets the goal when it does come.