PDA

View Full Version : 6 of the best from Man Utd

rambler14
12/01/2008, 6:24 PM
One word describes that performance......CLASS.
I'd like to see Arsenal do that to Newcastle. What a performance!

I wish to be quoted on this: In 3 years Danny Simpson will be the best right-back in the world.

ramsfan
12/01/2008, 6:43 PM
quality alright, ronaldo is fantastic better with every game, defo up there with kaka for best player in europe

OwlsFan
12/01/2008, 6:45 PM
One word describes that performance......CLASS.
I'd like to see Arsenal do that to Newcastle. What a performance!

I wish to be quoted on this: In 3 years Danny Simpson will be the best right-back in the world.

Of only interest to me that Shay conceded 6 :(

DmanDmythDledge
12/01/2008, 6:50 PM
Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo have proven to be an amazing attacking trio. United perform to their best for the rest of the season and the league will be won by 8/9 points.

Of only interest to me that Shay conceded 6 :(
Wouldn't read to much into the scoreline re Shay's performance. Man Utd had around 15 shots on target and he made a number of good saves. Only mistake he made was a poor kickout which lead to Man Utd's second.

De Town
12/01/2008, 7:45 PM
Awesome performance. Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez combined is lethal.

feo123
12/01/2008, 8:21 PM
given had a good game actually....some top class saves!

united were brilliant to watch again, some lovely goals too...thought ferdinands was the best of the lot, simpson is going to be a very very good right full aswell!! im liking him alot!
could really have been about 15-0. rooney was unlucky not to have had 4 or 5....
cant wait for scholes to come back aswell we'll be even better, neville to return aswell although he'll have to work for his place now with brown!!

DaveyCakes
12/01/2008, 9:00 PM
They really went overboard about Given's performance on RTE. He made a few decent saves, but half of the ones they showed were very basic saves that you'd expect any keeper to make.

The 6th goal wasn't over the line.

superfrank
12/01/2008, 9:12 PM
Man U beat a managerless side who have been playing very poor of late 6-0 at home and everyone goes mad about it. :confused:

Yes, if Man U got to play bottom half teams low on confidence at home for the rest of the season they'd win the league comfortably. As would Arsenal.

Beat Chelsea 6-0 at the Bridge and yez might have something to rant and rave about lads. Just think of who your opposition was today lads before you get ahead of yourselves.

feo123
13/01/2008, 1:46 AM
Man U beat a managerless side who have been playing very poor of late 6-0 at home and everyone goes mad about it. :confused:

Yes, if Man U got to play bottom half teams low on confidence at home for the rest of the season they'd win the league comfortably. As would Arsenal.

Beat Chelsea 6-0 at the Bridge and yez might have something to rant and rave about lads. Just think of who your opposition was today lads before you get ahead of yourselves.

theres always one

osarusan
13/01/2008, 3:16 AM
theres always one

There's always one who takes a rational view of things, yes.

Great result, but leagues are not won in matches at home to manager-less rubbish teams, they're won in matches (especially away) against title contenders.

That said, I still think Man. United will win the league.

shakermaker1982
13/01/2008, 11:51 AM
Dunphy giving Ronaldo any praise yet?

Lionel Ritchie
13/01/2008, 12:00 PM
There's always one who takes a rational view of things, yes.

Great result, but leagues are not won in matches at home to manager-less rubbish teams. Agree 100%.

they're won in matches (especially away) against title contenders.

That said, I still think Man. United will win the league.

Not so sure about any of that though. Not for the Premiership anyway though probably true for Scotland. I've always felt that EPL titles are won and lost and places like Pride Park and the Riverside ...against the perenial strugglers so to speak. I have no stats just a hunch.

Not so sure the mankies will win the title this year either though they're playing very, very well at present.

DmanDmythDledge
13/01/2008, 12:34 PM

Did you see the game? (genuine question)

Man Utd would have beaten almost any team in Europe with that performance yesterday. You can go on about the opposition all you want but there's only so much help they can give to a team. United's off the ball movement and vision was top class. 6-0 wasn't even a true reflection of the game.

Dunphy giving Ronaldo any praise yet?
Said he was the best player in the world in his newspaper column recently.:)

"...couldn't have been more wrong about Cristiano Ronaldo...looks like the real deal...Ronaldo is something special. I was wrong".

superfrank
13/01/2008, 1:16 PM
Did you see the game? (genuine question)
I didn't see the game, only the highlights.

Man Utd would have beaten almost any team in Europe with that performance yesterday. You can go on about the opposition all you want but there's only so much help they can give to a team. United's off the ball movement and vision was top class. 6-0 wasn't even a true reflection of the game.
From what I saw, Newcastle were very poor. Man U are a good team but Newcastle were no challenge at all. They couldn't break up the play at all. And there is no way "almost any team in Europe" would be that poor. The opposition do make a difference. Liverpool fans were just the same when they beat Derby 5-0 or Besiktas 8-0at Anfiled. They might have been good performances but the opposition were terrible.

Like I said, beat Chelsea 6-0 at the Bridge and you can slap yourselves on the back all you want.

BrayUnknowns
13/01/2008, 2:18 PM
I didn't see the game, only the highlights.

From what I saw, Newcastle were very poor. Man U are a good team but Newcastle were no challenge at all. They couldn't break up the play at all. And there is no way "almost any team in Europe" would be that poor. The opposition do make a difference. Liverpool fans were just the same when they beat Derby 5-0 or Besiktas 8-0at Anfiled. They might have been good performances but the opposition were terrible.

Like I said, beat Chelsea 6-0 at the Bridge and you can slap yourselves on the back all you want.

Big teams very rarely ever thump each other, beating Chelsea 6-0 at the bridge will not win United the league the same way as beating Newcastle 6-0 at Old Trafford will. But in saying that seeing as Chelsea are not really involved in the title race it probably would not make a difference or not if they beat them 6 nil, just bragging rights up for grabs, now if they beat Arsenal 6 nil now that would be a different story...

The last time i can remember a "big 4" team getting thumped was when United put 6 past Arsenal.

You can only play what's in front of you and yesterday United were superb. The 2nd half was one of the best 45 minutes of football any side has played in years. Only for some wasteful finishing, some great saves, goal line clearences and 3 penalties that werent given, United should have won by at least 12 or so...

There is a huge difference between United and Liverpool in fairness, United have consistantly won major titles for 10/15 years and have had some of the worlds best players and one of the best managers in the world, Liverpool on the other hand have been playing catch up for a long time and if their honest live in false hope thinking they have the quality of players that can actually win the league title in England. 1 world class player will not win anyone a league title.

Lionel Ritchie
13/01/2008, 2:23 PM
Just saw some highlights. I'm really not trying to dis a good win but 3 goals came in the last 5 minutes when Newcastle were dead in the water anyway.

Ferdinand did indeed take his goal very well but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that the entire ball crossed the line for the "sixth".

feo123
13/01/2008, 3:11 PM
think dunphy and co should also say they were wrong about ferdinand......
i think he is top class, many people disagree though

sligoman
13/01/2008, 3:51 PM
Chelsea are not really involved in the title raceHow can you possibly say that? They're only 4 points behind with plenty of games left to play. Liverpool are out but Chelsea certainly are not.

feo123
13/01/2008, 4:41 PM
chelsea are going about their business nicely, not as much limelight on them the last few months, it seemed as if everyone was talking about arsenal and man utd but there only 4 points behind and both arsenal and united have to go to the bridge.....there going along nicely and quietly

Neish
14/01/2008, 8:30 AM
I follow United and I don't think they played that well on saturday it was more a case of Newcastle being awful, should of been at least 10-0 is Shay hadn't pulled off a few great saves.

Roadend
14/01/2008, 9:30 AM
How can you possibly say that? They're only 4 points behind with plenty of games left to play. Liverpool are out but Chelsea certainly are not.

They have to play Utd. and Arsenal at home yet too if I'm not mistaken?

WoodquayBoy
14/01/2008, 11:46 AM
I agree, I'm a UNited fan and it is not Arsenal I'm worried aboutl its Chelsea, they are quietly sitting in third, just 4 points off the pace, and have the top two at home.
Then again, Arsenal and Pool have yet to visit Old Trafford, so it is certainly not over yet.
Utd player well on Saturday, but Newcastle were shocking. Still, you can only beat what is put in front of you, something Arsenal and Liverpool both failed to do at the weekend . . .
And it is now reported that Gilette and Hicks held talks with Klinsmann in November about the possibility of becomign Liverpool manager - will Benitez see the end of the season?

cheifo
14/01/2008, 2:55 PM
Anderson is a superb signing for UTD, frightening that a central midfielder has that power at 19.Thank God Arsenal have Fabregas.The question about the gunners role in the title race will be if they have enough classy flair players to unlock other teams in tough games.Chelsea look like they have a settled atmosphere in their squad and with Anelka and Drogba available for the run in will be thereabouts.

superfrank
14/01/2008, 5:22 PM
Chelsea still have to play Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool at home so that'll definitely have an impact on the top four.

Just like the Man U praise, I think all this criticism of Arsenal drawing 1-1 with Birmingham and thinking they're out is stupid. Every team has slip-ups, sure Man U lost to West Ham a few weeks ago.

Imo, it'll be between Arsenal and Man U. Both sides play very well, imo Arsenal are better. Chelsea may get 2nd but I don't think they'll be 1st, unfortunately. Liverpool will be lucky to snatch 4th.

DmanDmythDledge
14/01/2008, 8:09 PM
Anderson is a superb signing for UTD, frightening that a central midfielder has that power at 19.
Very good signing, has lots of potential, but I don't think he has been as brilliant this season as people are making him out to be. He has shown climses of his class but he gives the ball away far too often. I'd still rather have Scholes, Hargreaves or Carrick in the starting line up ahead of him.

The Man Himself
14/01/2008, 10:25 PM

they already beat chelsea 2-0 this season.
and whos on top of the league?

feo123
15/01/2008, 1:10 AM
another thing i often said to myself when people say that you only beat the smaller teams or you couldnt beat the other 'big 3' is you play 32 games against the other clubs, only 6 against the big 3....for instance when people say ronaldo only plays well against the smaller teams, thats only about 6 games a season he dosnt play great??

razor
15/01/2008, 7:46 AM
when people say ronaldo only plays well against the smaller teams, thats only about 6 games a season he dosnt play great??Thats a fair point but surely to be truly "world class" then he has to do it against the better teams? theres no doubt the boy is talented but he has a side to his game that there is no need for, the cheating, diving about the place to win frees/penalties, Rooney although he hasn't the goals this season is a better all round player without the theatrics.

shakermaker1982
15/01/2008, 8:06 AM
Rooney better than Ronaldo? Are you mad? :)

BrayUnknowns
15/01/2008, 8:48 AM
Very good signing, has lots of potential, but I don't think he has been as brilliant this season as people are making him out to be. He has shown climses of his class but he gives the ball away far too often. I'd still rather have Scholes, Hargreaves or Carrick in the starting line up ahead of him.

it's a very nice headache for SFA to have really, 4 top notch central midfielders who would all just about walk into any other side in the Premiership. Anderson has surprised a lot of people this season, the hype was about Nani and Anderson was one for the future, but due to injuries he has taken his chance really well and it will be tough for any of the others to dislodge him when they all get fit.

His work rate is savage and his passing is as good as any of the other united midfielders, he should be scoring more though.

Cabs88
15/01/2008, 5:51 PM

Agreed. Great in the tackle, good going forward and great distribution. Similar to evra on the other side.

I saw the United match, and even tho Newcastle were poor, u could take nothin away from united, some of the pass and move football was awesoms at times, and it was one of those matches u'd love to be at to see the movement of the players. Say what you want about Ronaldo, in the few times ive been to see him play he never stops running, and as for rooney, an exceptional footballer, and football brain

rambler14
15/01/2008, 7:11 PM
Agreed. Great in the tackle, good going forward and great distribution. Similar to evra on the other side.

Which is why i think he's gonna be so good. Should score goals than Gary Neville ever did. A guaranteed 5 goals a season man.