PDA

View Full Version : and i thought noel king was bad

max power
11/06/2003, 2:46 PM
a quote from big ron

"He looks impressive. Well, he IS impressive. But he looks impressive".

ah what words.

max power
11/06/2003, 2:56 PM
george hamilton on deco of porto

“Aah more lovely skill from Deco. A touch of the art Deco about him…the Artful Dodger, art Deco…”

noel all is forgiven, even the taste in clothes.

max power
11/06/2003, 3:00 PM
Trev Welch: "A disappointing 0-0 draw between Longford and Rovers there Damien.” Rico: Yes Trevor, and I was at the game. I felt there was a lack of definable objectivity about both teams.”

there is something in the water in tv 3 !!

noby
11/06/2003, 3:24 PM
martin king, the weather man on tv3 (any relation?) finished his piece lastnight by saying highlights of tonights match can be seen later, on tv3, "and it won't cost you a penny"

sorry martin, is it not live on rte for free??

max power
11/06/2003, 3:30 PM
Originally posted by noby
martin king, the weather man on tv3 (any relation?) finished his piece lastnight by saying highlights of tonights match can be seen later, on tv3, "and it won't cost you a penny"

noby you have to promote your own station, thats what the script says so he says it

tiktok
11/06/2003, 3:55 PM
"and it won't cost you a penny"

not if you have your TV licence (or are you a telly sponger:) )

patsh
12/06/2003, 12:12 PM

That was fairly pathetic alright.
Who would not watch the match live, but would wait for the "highlights" at 10:00 ??:rolleyes:

Schumi
12/06/2003, 2:42 PM
If I'd been home in time, I would have watched it.

Xlex
13/06/2003, 8:41 AM

free!! my @rse

noby
13/06/2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Xlex
free!! my @rse

Well, as free as tv3

the licence money may go to rte, but you still need a licence to watch tv3.

anyway, i suspect he was referring to sky, and not even realising it was on rte

pete
16/06/2003, 11:27 AM
the licence money may go to rte, but you still need a licence to watch tv3.

While you technically correct doesn't really match with the reality.

If tv licence fees were aboloshed overnight tv3 would continue to exist wouldn't it? Could the same be said of RTE?

:rolleyes:

d13bohs
16/06/2003, 5:15 PM
Referring back to the Damien Richardson comment, can anybody tell me if hospitalpass.net is still going? I can't access it on this pc in work cos its down as a sports site (unlike foot.ie :confused: ). I remember falling around laughing at the Richard Damienson feature that they did, he seems to think that a word isn't a word unless there's at least 11 syllables in it, and if a word doesn't suit the sentence he just invents one by joing two or more words together!

tiktok
16/06/2003, 5:35 PM
The site is still there but it hasn't been updated since the end of last year by the looks of it, so i guess the short answer is yes and no.