PDA

View Full Version : No booing or sectarian chants please

James
01/11/2001, 8:53 PM
weird thingsa are happening every time i merge threads it randomly picks up a thread from aaages ago on another topic and includes it in the other mergged thread result .. mad eh ??????

Gunthers Mask
03/11/2001, 8:28 PM
AS a result of recent comments me and my friends have decided to allow the people decide whether or not we should retire the masks.So if the majority of people want the masks gone tell us here and if you want them to stay let us know.I would set up a poll but I can't be bothered as it takes up too much time.

Remember ye decide if the masks stay and ye will find out if they stay or go by coming to the Shed and singing a few songs for the Pats game when I shall roar out the results during an akward silence during the game

Éanna
04/11/2001, 3:55 PM
I think halloween masks beyond the pats game would be pushin it! How bout investing in a bodhrán or a banner? "Shed End mask boys" I can see the banner now ;)

Gunthers Mask
04/11/2001, 6:11 PM
I'd be interested in getting a bodhran but how much are they and where do you get them??Perhaps a tambourine or how about a blow up sex doll dressed in a old city jersey(the real Hartigans mam)I hear Utopia sex shop sell em for £10

Éanna
04/11/2001, 7:27 PM
Originally posted by Gunthers Mask
I'd be interested in getting a bodhran but how much are they and where do you get them??Perhaps a tambourine or how about a blow up sex doll dressed in a old city jersey(the real Hartigans mam)I hear Utopia sex shop sell em for £10
Bodhrán- £30 plus. Blarney Woollen Mills is where I got mine.
Sex doll in jersey- I like that idea! Some inflatable object we can dance with :D ooops I've said too much!

shedite
04/11/2001, 9:30 PM
Mine is a full size one and cost £60 at Blarney Woolen Mills.

It's kinda awkward

Éanna
04/11/2001, 9:58 PM
Where's it gone to anyway?! Ain't seen it in a while!

joe
04/11/2001, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by shedite
Mine is a full size one and cost £60 at Blarney Woolen Mills.

It's kinda awkward

i didn't know they sold sex dolls in Blarney Woolen Mills, as for the awkwardness..... :D

Éanna
05/11/2001, 1:22 PM
Originally posted by joe

i didn't know they sold sex dolls in Blarney Woolen Mills, as for the awkwardness..... :D
LOL :D :D You filthmonger!

shedite
05/11/2001, 10:49 PM
Does anyone else get a headache from the thing? I know I do if I bring mine or stand anywhere near Eanna's (no offence). I might bring it next day so.

Neil
05/11/2001, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by shedite
I might bring it next day so.
Do. The game on Sunday will be a big one. Lets get an atmosphere going...

A face
05/11/2001, 11:50 PM
My airhorn ..... please ..... Can i huh huh can i huh ............ ah go on. :D (they sell 'em in the shop dont they ... not)

I am gutted though .... i'll be in Italia, World cup play offs so it'll be a seria B game for me. Don't know which one. Can some one post a match report though. James ... what happened to that site updated alá text that was going last year, do you have the address ??

Éanna
06/11/2001, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Neil

Do. The game on Sunday will be a big one. Lets get an atmosphere going...
Yeah definetley. Get a big athmosphere going for pats and drown them out. I know it's got the headache effect, but I can put up with that.

Gunthers Mask
06/11/2001, 10:07 PM
Try to get doll for Sunday but looking likely I'll have a tambourine for the Match as Bodhran requires savings!!!!!!!

gspain
10/06/2003, 5:03 PM
Is it too much to ask that Shota Arveladze is not subjected to booing and sectarian abuse tomorrow night?

It drags the name of our country and of our fans into the mud.

bitored
10/06/2003, 5:36 PM
Here, here couldn't agree more but I'm afraid it's going to be wishful thinking. I would imagine Arveladze will be booed from his first touch til his last by those sad narrow minded gits. Not many of whom (if any) would read foot.ie anyway so we're probably wasting our time:(

tiktok
10/06/2003, 5:37 PM
i forgot he was georgian. i reckon if they booed reyna for the US in a friendly they'll give arveladze hell in a competitive game. no place for it, hopefully they'll be more people willing to tell the idiots to shut up this time.

pconnor
10/06/2003, 5:49 PM
Yeah lets just get behind our lads. Don't worry about the others.

dahamsta
10/06/2003, 5:49 PM
Moved?

pineapple stu
10/06/2003, 6:35 PM
If the North Stand is as vociferous as we think it is, is there any chant we can get in to make people cop on to themselves or at least actually think?

Or is that wishful thinking?

tiktok
10/06/2003, 7:01 PM
it drives me mad that these so called fans will whine about the treatment of neil lennon by sectarians in the north and yet continue abusing international players for where they play their club football.

patsh
10/06/2003, 7:14 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
If the North Stand is as vociferous as we think it is, is there any chant we can get in to make people cop on to themselves or at least actually think?

Or is that wishful thinking?
"You're all very Scottish over there" ?

"We're a grand oul team to BOO for"?

"There's a lot of booing around the fields of Athenry" ?

Poor, poor........
Maybe just applaud him, while they boo?

pineapple stu
10/06/2003, 7:37 PM
Can't really clap him while he plays - too much like cheering on Georgia.

Maybe "You can stick your Glasgow Celtic up your ar$e"? Or is that too blunt?

Maybe a chant of "Racist bigots...racist bigots"?

tiktok
10/06/2003, 11:54 PM
:D

have to say, i like

'oh your all very scottish over there'

Colm
11/06/2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Maybe "You can stick your Glasgow Celtic up your ar$e"? Or is that too blunt?

No that's fine.

"Shove your Celtic up your hole":)

gspain
11/06/2003, 9:03 AM
I think it's important to come back strongly with Irish chants and songs.

It may not be as bad tonight as it is much harder to get tickets for tonight and a lot of the bigots may not have them. I don't rememebr any problems at the Dutch game when they had Arthur Numan on the team. Maybe I'm being too optimistic........

hayser
11/06/2003, 9:43 AM
I Agree..." you can shove your glasgow celtic up yer arse" repeat ad nasueum!

come on ireland.......

Ash
11/06/2003, 11:17 AM
In fairness lads, we're going there to support Ireland,
not abuse Scotland/Celtic/anyone

So if any toss pots start booing Advacantspellhisname
I reckon we should all drown out the noise with a booming
chorus of ...

Brian Kerrs Green n White Army

colster
11/06/2003, 11:36 AM
How about

"Bigots Out!!!"

"Who the **** are Glasgow Celtic"

or

"Get the Bigots out, Get the Bigots out, Get the Bigots out for the lads"

elroy
11/06/2003, 12:06 PM
Totally agree, cant stand this sectarian crap everytime a player with any sort of rangers connection plays.
Hey lads if ye're in the north stand tonight, we should really try to drown it out, thats where i was on sat and the atmosphere was unreal,
think brian kerrs......................army chant is the way to go.

fonzi
12/06/2003, 1:49 PM
before the match starts pass a rumour around that he's after joining celtic, because he loves the'irish' so much

tiktok
24/06/2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Silvio Dante
if you knew anything about Old Firm traditions

old firm traditions have absolutely nothing (that's nothing) to do with ireland or the irish national team.

Its a back handed compliment really....

it's fronthanded, small minded, bigotry, doled out by idiots.

A face
25/06/2003, 12:33 AM
Sell-Thick Are Crap - Scuaghtish Scum Out !!

tiktok
25/06/2003, 6:04 PM
I hate to burst your bubble mate but the Old Firm has plenty to do with Irish football.

my bubbles quite intact. come on silvio, back up your argument, explain to me what glasgow rangers have to do with the FAI (they are one half of the old firm after all), i can't wait for your explanation.

The links between the irish nation and glasgow Celtic are rock solid.

i didn't mention the irish nation (our countrymen's obsession with a scottish club while some of our own are in financial difficulty are all too clear and sickening), i said irish national team. and don't throw dermot desmond (money to man utd and celtic and racehorses) and martin o'neill (from NI) as examples of the pinnacle of irish football, what have they done for us lately?

Your lack of knowledge on Old Firm history is clear....

openly admit it and don't give a toss, why should i care about the bigoted sectarian rivalry between two scottish clubs, explain it to me, i'm all ears.

tiktok
26/06/2003, 12:25 AM
where are the answers to my questions silvio,

you just restated the same 'fact' in a different way, hardly a resounding argument.

to answer you,
the problem, as is clearly stated by the threads title, is at recent irish internationals there has been sectarian, bigoted abuse toward international representatives who play their club football at glasgow rangers.

this has clearly been led by irish celtic supporters, it's disgusting and pathetic.