PDA

View Full Version : Is Ger Finnan gone?

Pages : [1] 2

the dazzler
10/01/2008, 6:36 AM
any truth that finnan has done the right thing for once and left the club

osarusan
10/01/2008, 6:41 AM
Why would you give the thread the title of "finnan gone", which suggests it is a fact, when you are actually just posting rumours you want information on.

Can somebody change the thread title please?

Roadend
10/01/2008, 8:52 AM
He was poor against Luton, but I hardly think he's going to be sold after that game.

Lim till i die
10/01/2008, 8:54 AM
He was poor against Luton, but I hardly think he's going to be sold after that game.

They were all poor against Luton including Jamie "The boxer" Carragher and Stevie Courageous

I think it's very unfair the way Finnan is being singled out here

Begrudgery because he's a local lad??

Roadend
10/01/2008, 9:08 AM
If he was English they wouldn't have said a word but that's the tabloids for you.

Lim till i die
10/01/2008, 9:11 AM
If he was English they wouldn't have said a word but that's the tabloids for you.

Disgusting :mad:

L37Ultra
10/01/2008, 10:08 AM
Rumour has it he going back to his local team Janesboro FC. Pike wont be happy with that, supppose it shows the lads puts pride over money which is good to see in the modern game ;)

the dazzler
10/01/2008, 10:36 AM

ha ha im on about ger finnan heard a rumour he left lim37 last night

L37Ultra
10/01/2008, 10:37 AM

Facts please..

Roadend
10/01/2008, 11:09 AM
Never heard of him:confused:

Lim till i die
10/01/2008, 11:13 AM
ger finnan

Who??

Don't try to make up people and back down from your sick Steve Finnan bashing just because people have disagreed with you dazzler

Roadend
10/01/2008, 11:16 AM
In fairness, Arbeloa has come out in support of Finnan for what its worth.

L37Ultra
10/01/2008, 11:17 AM
Never heard of him:confused:

Must be Steve Finnan's uncle or something but where is gone is the question? I wish him the best of luck in his new job ;)

Lim till i die
10/01/2008, 11:18 AM
Arbeloa

"Nothing Player Bill, Nothing Player"

L37Ultra
10/01/2008, 11:21 AM
In fairness, Arbeloa has come out in support of Finnan for what its worth.

Ya but whos opinion counts for more, Arbeloa's or the Dazzler's. I think we all know the answer to that one. :D

barryk
10/01/2008, 11:31 AM
Is there any truth that finnan left the club

Yes there is

Lim till i die
10/01/2008, 11:37 AM
Yes there is

Where is he gone??

United could do worse than bring him in with Gary Neville crocked

Roadend
10/01/2008, 12:20 PM
This message has not been deleted by Roadend

KevB76
10/01/2008, 12:22 PM
This message has not been deleted by Roadend

:D :D :D Brilliant !

Concept
10/01/2008, 1:05 PM
From the Limerick Leader

CONCERNS are mounting that financial issues regarding Limerick 37 football club could cost the city its place in the Eircom League First Division and bring to an end Shannonside's 70-year history as a national league side.
For some time rumours have suggested that the club, which was awarded a 'licence' to participate in the Eircom League by the FAI's First Instance Committee on February 9 last, was in a financially unstable position.
Three weeks ago (December 22) the Limerick Leader printed a detailed interview with interim CEO Ger Finnin in an effort to clear the air with regard to rumours concerning out-going manager Paul McGee and the financial health of the club.
In that interview Ger Finnin assured the Limerick soccer community that the future was bright: "No one is saying that the club doesn't have problems and if anyone says we owe money they're one hundred per cent right.
"We've experienced the same problems any business would in its first year of existence. The club hasn't an overdraft, no loans and no corporate investment. We're working off money we can get into the club and no more than that. In those circumstances you have to expect operating losses, but it's no different than any other business. The club owes money, but nothing serious and nothing we can't overcome. We have operational debts, not outstanding debts."
The events of the last week however would appear to contradict Finnin's assurances.
Last Saturday afternoon the club's board of directors and the board of management met to discuss plans for the forthcoming season - the Eircom League programme is due to begin on March 7 next.
However those attending that meeting were shocked when they were presented with a financial picture of the club - several issues have arisen regarding the club accounts, tax liabilities and a number of other outstanding debts.
That meeting lasted several hours and was eventually adjourned until Monday evening last, but once more no satisfactory solution could be reached.
On Tuesday night representatives of Limerick 37 and the LDMC (Limerick District League Management Committee) met to discuss issues pertinent to the LDMC - the LDMC own Jackman Park and as such provide a playing facility for Limerick 37.
On Wednesday evening representatives of the FAI met with representatives from Limerick 37 and representatives from the LDMC in an effort to save the situation - the FAI have made it obvious that they are committed to maintaining a senior soccer club in Limerick and are prepared to go to great lengths to do so.
Tonight (Thursday) the Limerick 37 management committee has scheduled a meeting to discuss what has taken place during the past week and to plan where the club can go from here.
Interim CEO Ger Finnin and the Limerick 37 board of directors have been offered an opportunity by
the Limerick Leader to make a statement regarding the current financial situation, but have not taken the opportunity to do so.
While we appreciate that the parties involved do not want to jeopardize the future of the club by discussing financial matters in a public forum we hope that some measure is taken in the near future to set the record straight.
Once more the city is awash with rumours concerning the club in general and concerning interim CEO Ger Finnin in particular - one would hope that these rumours can be quashed as soon as possible by representatives of the club.
At time of going to press, although Limerick 37 is struggling finically, it is still an Eircom League club.
The Limerick Leader is certain that all parties involved have the best interests of Limerick senior soccer at heart and we hope that the club's financial situation has not reached an irretrievable stage.

Treaty Gooner
10/01/2008, 1:12 PM
[quote=Concept;851029]From the Limerick Leader

CONCERNS are mounting that financial issues regarding Limerick 37 football club could cost the city its place in the Eircom League First Division and bring to an end... quote]

About as comprehensive as its going to get, thanks Concept.

Guess we'll have to wait until tmw at the earliest.

GenerationXI
10/01/2008, 1:24 PM
From the Limerick Leader

Once more the city is awash with rumours concerning the club in general and concerning interim CEO Ger Finnin in particular - one would hope that these rumours can be quashed as soon as possible by representatives of the club.

Firstly, thanks for putting this up Concept. It really gives a great insight into the whole mess.

Could someone contact the Leader and tell them that their 'publication' is no place to be furthering rumours? Perhaps someone could also provide them with some telephone numbers of people at the club. Really, what is the point of printing an article choc full of unsubstantiated information?

Well at least now the Mods know that if our City's 'Newspaper' can't help but printing potentially libelus information - casting as it does aspersions on a small group of people charged with responsibility for club finances - not too much more can be expected of us.

Treaty Gooner
10/01/2008, 1:33 PM
Firstly, thanks for putting this up Concept. It really gives a great insight into the whole mess.

Could someone contact the Leader and tell them that their 'publication' is no place to be furthering rumours? Perhaps someone could also provide them with some telephone numbers of people at the club. Really, what is the point of printing an article choc full of unsubstantiated information?

Well at least now the Mods know that if our City's 'Newspaper' can't help but printing potentially libelus information - casting as it does aspersions on a small group of people charged with responsibility for club finances - not too much more can be expected of us.

2 wrongs and all that GenerationXI...

See your point and raise you tho.

Their only saving grace has been the coverage to junior football they have, but other than that it's 75c or whatever it is better spent somewhere else... Sorry for going off topic...

But what would any of us do were we commander in chief of the LDMC?
Cut our losses?
Look to the longterm?

jebus
10/01/2008, 2:07 PM
But what would any of us do were we commander in chief of the LDMC? Stop calling myself Commander in Chief

Cut our losses? and then my wrists

Look to the longterm? I'm dead, there is no longterm

Voice of Reason
10/01/2008, 2:16 PM
And the Leader never printed the photo they took of me at the Republic of Loose gig!

Roadend
10/01/2008, 2:35 PM
Looks like it was a Republic of Lose gig :o

4tothefloor
10/01/2008, 2:59 PM
"Nothing Player Bill, Nothing Player"
Ah good old Eamon. The same Eamon who up to this week was calling Ronaldo an over hyped 'show pony', yet this week was finally forced to write a groveling (and vomit inducing) article in The Star rag, where his position is now that he is in fact not only one of the best wingers in the world, but one of the best of all time :p:p Arbeloa happens to be a top defender and one of the few that Liverpool have that is good going forward as well. Dunphy happens to be a part. He must be off the sneachta for the new year after that article :P

And the Leader never printed the photo they took of me at the Republic of Loose gig!
Maybe you're not photogenic?!

Treaty Gooner
10/01/2008, 3:06 PM
But what would any of us do were we commander in chief of the LDMC? Stop calling myself Commander in Chief

Cut our losses? and then my wrists

Look to the longterm? I'm dead, there is no longterm

Very informative...:rolleyes:

Anyone else?

sadloserkid
10/01/2008, 3:24 PM
Very informative...:rolleyes:

Anyone else?

In a move completely unheard of in Limerick senior football I would stop spending money that I didn't have in the pursuit of mediocrity and live within my means as Monaghan, Wexford, Kildare and even Kilkenny (until recently) have done. Whatever about trying to run before we can walk, successive administrations in Limerick football circles have tried to walk before they can crawl.

GenerationXI
10/01/2008, 3:34 PM
If I were Commander-in-Chief of the LDMC (and yes, Jebus, I would definitely get a big shiny name badge with that title on it :D) then i'd probably employ a PR person to at least give the veneer of competence in my ranks.

sadloserkid
10/01/2008, 3:36 PM
Secondly, I'd sell that vast chunk of Land in the Centre of the City for a small fortune and relocate a small bit outside the city.

We don't own that land.

GenerationXI
10/01/2008, 3:36 PM
We don't own that land.

like i said here comes the retraction

Concept
10/01/2008, 3:41 PM
Chairman of the LDMC is not the Chairman of Limerick 37 as far as I know. The LDMC has a representative on the Limerick 37 board.

Halfback
10/01/2008, 3:57 PM
Chairman of the LDMC is not the Chairman of Limerick 37 as far as I know. The LDMC has a representative on the Limerick 37 board.

Chairman of LDMC is completely seperate to Chairman of L37 who resigned from his post last Monday due to missing finances. As it stands LDMC have no representative with L37 as two of them resigned most recent the Chairman and Mr Finnan is now gone from LDMC and L37. If anyone has any queries regarding the rumours they should contact he secretary of LDMC which I did and he will give you all the information about missing monies given to L37.

jebus
10/01/2008, 4:29 PM
Chairman of LDMC is completely seperate to Chairman of L37 who resigned from his post last Monday due to missing finances. As it stands LDMC have no representative with L37 as two of them resigned most recent the Chairman and Mr Finnan is now gone from LDMC and L37. If anyone has any queries regarding the rumours they should contact he secretary of LDMC which I did and he will give you all the information about missing monies given to L37.

Was it Professor Plum in Mayes shop with a brown envelope?

Lim till i die
10/01/2008, 7:04 PM
Monaghan, Wexford, Kildare and even Kilkenny (until recently) have done.

I simply have to pull you on Wexford

Plus all that clean living hasn't mattered a fcuk to Kilkenny for a finish

Lim till i die
10/01/2008, 7:05 PM
From the Limerick Leader

CONCERNS are mounting that financial issues regarding Limerick 37 football club could cost the city its place in the Eircom League First Division and bring to an end Shannonside's 70-year history as a national league side.
For some time rumours have suggested that the club, which was awarded a 'licence' to participate in the Eircom League by the FAI's First Instance Committee on February 9 last, was in a financially unstable position.
Three weeks ago (December 22) the Limerick Leader printed a detailed interview with interim CEO Ger Finnin in an effort to clear the air with regard to rumours concerning out-going manager Paul McGee and the financial health of the club.
In that interview Ger Finnin assured the Limerick soccer community that the future was bright: "No one is saying that the club doesn't have problems and if anyone says we owe money they're one hundred per cent right.
"We've experienced the same problems any business would in its first year of existence. The club hasn't an overdraft, no loans and no corporate investment. We're working off money we can get into the club and no more than that. In those circumstances you have to expect operating losses, but it's no different than any other business. The club owes money, but nothing serious and nothing we can't overcome. We have operational debts, not outstanding debts."
The events of the last week however would appear to contradict Finnin's assurances.
Last Saturday afternoon the club's board of directors and the board of management met to discuss plans for the forthcoming season - the Eircom League programme is due to begin on March 7 next.
However those attending that meeting were shocked when they were presented with a financial picture of the club - several issues have arisen regarding the club accounts, tax liabilities and a number of other outstanding debts.
That meeting lasted several hours and was eventually adjourned until Monday evening last, but once more no satisfactory solution could be reached.
On Tuesday night representatives of Limerick 37 and the LDMC (Limerick District League Management Committee) met to discuss issues pertinent to the LDMC - the LDMC own Jackman Park and as such provide a playing facility for Limerick 37.
On Wednesday evening representatives of the FAI met with representatives from Limerick 37 and representatives from the LDMC in an effort to save the situation - the FAI have made it obvious that they are committed to maintaining a senior soccer club in Limerick and are prepared to go to great lengths to do so.
Tonight (Thursday) the Limerick 37 management committee has scheduled a meeting to discuss what has taken place during the past week and to plan where the club can go from here.
Interim CEO Ger Finnin and the Limerick 37 board of directors have been offered an opportunity by
the Limerick Leader to make a statement regarding the current financial situation, but have not taken the opportunity to do so.
While we appreciate that the parties involved do not want to jeopardize the future of the club by discussing financial matters in a public forum we hope that some measure is taken in the near future to set the record straight.
At time of going to press, although Limerick 37 is struggling finically, it is still an Eircom League club.
The Limerick Leader is certain that all parties involved have the best interests of Limerick senior soccer at heart and we hope that the club's financial situation has not reached an irretrievable stage.

Whoever Edits that "newspaper" should be shot

barryk
10/01/2008, 9:52 PM
Whoever Edits that "newspaper" should be shot

why?

They have the facts and while they're told in confidence you will find nothing incorrect in what is printed. I know your reasons for not wanting anything printed but the press also have an obligation.

Treaty Gooner
10/01/2008, 10:00 PM
why?

They have the facts and while they're told in confidence you will find nothing incorrect in what is printed. I know your reasons for not wanting anything printed but the press also have an obligation.

I duno barry, I don't think it solves anything...

The chap who wrote that was on Newstalk earlier, didn't fill anyone with confidence, but he told it like it (seemingly) is.

Unreal Madrid
10/01/2008, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=Treaty Gooner;851059]2 wrongs and all that GenerationXI...

See your point and raise you tho.

Their only saving grace has been the coverage to junior football they have, but other than that it's 75c or whatever it is better spent somewhere else... Sorry for going off topic...

As of yet NOTHING has been confirmed and the above false information is really OTT :mad:................ It was the city edition and costs 2 euro:p

Lim till i die
11/01/2008, 12:14 PM
why?

In Fairness this bit here:

Is craven and journalism at its very worst

The chap who wrote that was on Newstalk earlier,

The thought of that goon talking about Limerick senior football on Newstalk :rolleyes:

barryk
11/01/2008, 12:57 PM
The thought of that goon talking about Limerick senior football on Newstalk

Well nobody from Limerick 37 would go public yet they are all "spillin the beans" off the record
I think its a case of shooting the messenger here. The Star ran a piece yesterday, Newstalk last night while all the other tabloids are sniffing. If Brian McDonald (I think thats his name) ignored the situation he would also be citicised.

Any good come from meeting with FAI?

Treaty Gooner
11/01/2008, 1:03 PM
I think its a case of shooting the messenger here. The Star ran a piece yesterday, Newstalk last night while all the other tabloids are sniffing. If Brian McDonald (I think thats his name) ignored the situation he would also be citicised.

Well said.

Journalism at its worst? Nope LTiD, I'd wager a taoiseachs payrise that there's worse out there than this. Sweeping statements like that usually only get peoples backs up.

Lim till i die
11/01/2008, 1:12 PM
Journalism at its worst? Nope LTiD, I'd wager a taoiseachs payrise that there's worse out there than this. Sweeping statements like that usually only get peoples backs up.

Who's backs??

Well nobody from Limerick 37 would go public yet they are all "spillin the beans" off the record

Off The Record

Not that it's not a stupid thing to be doing........

There are more important things for the club to be organising then soundbite seesions with hacks who only ever give major publicity when it's of the bad variety.

For the paper to use this in the manner they did is crap IMO

Lim till i die
11/01/2008, 1:17 PM

Lucky escape there I'd say ;) :p

Treaty Gooner
11/01/2008, 1:29 PM
Who's backs??

Off The Record

Not that it's not a stupid thing to be doing........

There are more important things for the club to be organising then soundbite seesions with hacks who only ever give major publicity when it's of the bad variety.

For the paper to use this in the manner they did is crap IMO

Their coverage of the club this year has been fine from what I've seen. The games, home and away have all been covered, online too which is invaluable to me above in Dublin town.

They may not have had the player interviews etc that they might have had, but didn't the club 'appoint' a PR crowd to promote that side of things? Not exactly the Leader's fault if that was the case.

Lim till i die
11/01/2008, 1:37 PM
Their coverage of the club this year has been fine from what I've seen. The games, home and away have all been covered, online too which is invaluable to me above in Dublin town.

The coverage has been better this year and I'll have been the first to say it.

It's gotten better though - It's still not good.

They may not have had the player interviews etc that they might have had, but didn't the club 'appoint' a PR crowd to promote that side of things? Not exactly the Leader's fault if that was the case.

To promote player interviews??

Don't think so :confused:

GenerationXI
11/01/2008, 3:51 PM

Couldn't agree more...the 'Journalists' in our midst are dire at the best of times and the Leader is responsible for an awful lot of the bad press - pardon the pun - that this city has gotten nationally in the last two decades. I'm sure if they had it their way we'd be The Stab-City Ballas...

...on second thoughts I copyright that.

booster 03
11/01/2008, 5:58 PM
another season.. more negative press about senior soccer in limerick!!

its no wonder people in this town dont get behind the soccer teams as much as other sports, theres nothin ever positive happenin on or off the pitch!!!last year granted was imo a big success, but the supporters on this site were still not happy, and i no for a fact players were owed money last year too... it just all seems a bit irish to me!

Fairkop
11/01/2008, 7:18 PM
dont think the leader could have done any more or less at the moment.our...former ceo was quite clearly in fantasy land this season,the club is on its knees and debts owed are huge,probably in the region of 75 to 100 k.its hard to know what the rest of the supposed junta were doing while all this was going on,i thought we had a ...finiancial controller etc.....lets get DREW back i say....