PDA

View Full Version : Green Cards

elroy
10/06/2003, 10:59 AM
On the whole, i think the atmosphere in lansdowne last sat was the best for a long time even though most of the noise was coming from the north stand where i was, thought the 2 main stands could have done better, especially the west stand where the few albanians there were sometimes making more noise than the Irish.
But the whole sea of green thing worked well except half of us in the north stand didnt get any either did the upper tier in the west stand.
But anyway on the whole it was much better and more of the same wed night, plus in future think more tickets should be made available through the clubs, the EL fans were like mad raving turk fans it was great and the big flags and the base of the north stand-super.
Bring on Georgia!!

ian
10/06/2003, 1:02 PM
The green cards looked good on the tv i wonder how long will the FAI Keep that up for. It might come down to the cost of the paper at the end of the day. I did look good do.

Colm
11/06/2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by elroy
plus in future think more tickets should be made available through the clubs

I don't think that's the idea behind the whole thing. The idea is to distribute the tickets through supporters groups like the SEI, FourFiveOne and the Ultras. It is not for the benefit of the clubs but for the fans, the FAI, in turn, hope these fans will create an atmosphere that will inspire the National team to victory.
I think that the tickets should be continued to be distributed through these supporters groups and that the whole thing should be kept seperate from the supporters clubs and the clubs themselves.

tiktok
11/06/2003, 3:27 AM
while i agree that the allocation to the fans worked well and was a great success, i think elroys point was that distributing through the clubs as opposed to out of merrion square and through sponsors gives fans a better chance of getting their hands on tickets.
i'd continue with the way things are now but there is a case for selling extra tickets through the clubs.

elroy
11/06/2003, 12:18 PM
ya well from a financial point of view you gotta understand that they have to have block booking but i still think the atmosphere created by the EL fans on sat was the best since the dutch game and that was a once off.
I think more tickets should be ade available through the EL clubs and a few junior clubs as well.
Alll respect to dublin people, but some people are so used to going to games they just sit there quietly.
Whereas if you had people from all over the country who dont get to go to as many Ireland games as perhaps those living in dublin, they might be up for creating the atmosphere more.
But anyway lets give it socks tonight, all of us hoarse leaving the stadium.

Dodge
11/06/2003, 2:43 PM
I don't think the Dublin thing is a factor as when you go to Block book, there's no advantage being from Dublin...

Block booking will continue to have first option as it gives the FAI money up front...

This new thing has given the eL a chance to prove itself. If we take that chance there will be more tickets given to fans groups (SEI etc) which will mean those people in these groups don't have to go to their local club for more tickets which will free up some of the club's allocation. It'll also look good to the FAI that x amount of Pats fans (for example) go to Ireland games so obviously they'll look more favourably on us (and likewise through out the country) And hopefully people will get the message that by going to see more eL games, they have a better chance of getting tickets (Fran Rooney has hinted at running some sort of loyalty scheme for people with eL tickets...)

The thing about Junior clubs is a non runner because basically there are too many of them and of coourse the block booking route is open to them. If you really wanted a ticket for every Ireland game, you'd get one, no problem.