PDA

View Full Version : the weather this week on the west coast?

duffbeer
09/01/2008, 11:30 AM
We are traveling to Galway this weekend, but over the last two days and today, and even the next few days it seems that they are getting lashed in galway daily.

did galway get it bad in the weather that was reported on the news this morning?

any heads up would be great as naturally we have a fair bit of organisation to get done prior to sunday.

jackd
09/01/2008, 2:21 PM
Duffbeer the weather is brutal in Galway and Saturday is promised to be a disaster of a day here so that i think would put the game in doubt.

However i think that Terryland Park is on Standby for the game so therefore i think the game will go ahead as that surface is in great condition

duffbeer
09/01/2008, 2:30 PM
Duffbeer the weather is brutal in Galway and Saturday is promised to be a disaster of a day here so that i think would put the game in doubt.

However i think that Terryland Park is on Standby for the game so therefore i think the game will go ahead as that surface is in great condition

jesus it would be nice to play there alright.

west awake
09/01/2008, 10:35 PM
the weather in galway is shocking,most pitches will be unplayable,we west united also have terryland on standby,the galway fa are flickin a coin 2moro 2see who gets terryland,either us or pats will have it on standby,both clubs will also have other pitches on standby,the games will go ahead as neither team will give the home advantage back 2 the away team by travellin if it's cancelled!

duffbeer
10/01/2008, 9:10 AM
the weather in galway is shocking,most pitches will be unplayable,we west united also have terryland on standby,the galway fa are flickin a coin 2moro 2see who gets terryland,either us or pats will have it on standby,both clubs will also have other pitches on standby,the games will go ahead as neither team will give the home advantage back 2 the away team by travellin if it's cancelled!

What other grounds are possibly able to withstand that sort of weather? i've known in the past that even when dublin got that type of weather, LOI games even suffered across the city.

And the thing is, it seems to be happening daily for the rest of the week.

Gaillimh Al
10/01/2008, 5:38 PM
Well we got a bit of respite today. Sunny up until late afternoon then a few showers. Forecast isn't too bad till Sunday so I think you should be okay.

west awake
10/01/2008, 5:50 PM
st pats won the toss of the coin 2day for the use of terryland,they later declined and opted to put salthill devon's ground drom on standby instead.
so west and douglas hall will play in terryland if the swamp is unplayable,from what i hear the swamp was playable 2day and west are hoping to play the match there!

chopper harris
11/01/2008, 5:09 PM
Salthill's gaff is top notch, nothing like it anywhere i have been to, but a breeze on shop street is a force ten up @ drom!