PDA

View Full Version : Compo

chopper harris
09/01/2008, 8:58 AM
Does anyone know the ins and outs over compo to Junior clubs for amatur players signed or being approached to sign for LOI clubs during the LOI off season (the middle of the amatur season) While I'm sure clubs would generally not stand in a players way if it is a step up, but I wondered as the club trained the player for the season and perhaps the previous seasen, paid for physio, gear etc have our friends in Abbotstown made any special provisions for us @ grass roots. Can't see anything on the FAI website.

duffbeer
09/01/2008, 9:15 AM
Does anyone know the ins and outs over compo to Junior clubs for amatur players signed or being approached to sign for LOI clubs during the LOI off season (the middle of the amatur season) While I'm sure clubs would generally not stand in a players way if it is a step up, but I wondered as the club trained the player for the season and perhaps the previous seasen, paid for physio, gear etc have our friends in Abbotstown made any special provisions for us @ grass roots. Can't see anything on the FAI website.

There is nothing you can do, its classed as natural progression for the player and you get nothing. It was argued, certainly in our own league that this was an unfair system but as long as the best players move up then thats whats best for Irish football.

However, if the player ( i believe) is under 23 or maybe 21, and you have had that players or players on the books playing between any age from u12 to u18 then you are due compensation for their schoolboy football training. €500 for every age within that range as a once off I believe.

so if they played u12, to and nicluding u15, you would get €2500. If they go to england, then and you had them on the books in the same age range, then you will do well everytime they transfer, that doesn't apply in LOI.

If im wrong, im sure im very close on that!

chopper harris
09/01/2008, 9:36 AM
Thanks for that Duff.

renovater
14/01/2008, 3:01 PM
There is nothing you can do, its classed as natural progression for the player and you get nothing. It was argued, certainly in our own league that this was an unfair system but as long as the best players move up then thats whats best for Irish football.

However, if the player ( i believe) is under 23 or maybe 21, and you have had that players or players on the books playing between any age from u12 to u18 then you are due compensation for their schoolboy football training. €500 for every age within that range as a once off I believe.

so if they played u12, to and including u15, you would get €2500. If they go to England, then and you had them on the books in the same age range, then you will do well everytime they transfer, that doesn't apply in LOI.

If im wrong, im sure im very close on that!

ur spot on.
junior player may only move provided his season is completed and that there is transfer window opened. ie close aug 15 -31 dec.