PDA

View Full Version : Connolly Wanders Off To Wolves

Magicme
08/01/2008, 4:45 PM
Former Monaghan United centre half, 16 year old Mark Connolly has started the New Year with a new contract with Wolverhampton Wanderers. Clones lad Mark has signed a 3 and a half year contract with the Championship club and is wished all the best from everyone at Monaghan United FC.

Mark, while at Monaghan United, has played for Kieran McMahon’s teams over the past few years and has in recent times trained with John Heffernan’s Under 21’s. His potential has been clear for some time and he has stirred up interest from many teams in England in his latter years at the club.

United’s top notch Youth set up has provided Mark with the facilities and coaching necessary to develop his skills and everyone at Monaghan United are delighted with his success so far and wish him all the best in his future career.

Monaghan United’s senior manager Mick Cooke said “I am thrilled for Mark Connolly and his move to England should be an inspiration for all the young lads playing football at Monaghan United. Mark is a fine example of what can happen with hard work and dedication and the support of a good schoolboy setup.”

United are now recognised by the FAI as one of the top schoolboy clubs in the country and Mark’s progression to the Championship in England is further evidence of the opportunities available by playing at Kingspan Century Park.

A face
08/01/2008, 6:49 PM
Read that on here (http://www.chatsoccer.eu/news/content/view/23/1/). Pity to see him leave Mons but i think at least Wolves are a serious club and seem to look after the guys they take from the league a bit more than other English clubs. Hope he does well.

Magicme
08/01/2008, 8:05 PM
Dont know that website but good to see they are on my mailing list!!

seems to be a club that looks after their players alright as I think a few Premiership clubs were interested in him too but he liked Wolves set up best and he is prob wise as I think it is harder to break through from a premier club.