PDA

View Full Version : Squad

braysnumber1
07/01/2008, 5:36 PM
Is this Current Squad strong enough to easily survive?

Goalkeepers:
Skippy
Matt Gregg

Defenders
Ivory
Tresson
Pender
Cronin
Delaney
Doherty
Kenny

Midfielders
Kavanagh
McCabe
Duggan
Cawley
Whelan

Forwards
Myler
Dunphy
Franco
Broderick
Emeka

Squad of 19... Am i missing out anyone? Will any under 21's feature tis year? I know some players can play in different positions - tresson anywhere in midfield and defence. IMO when it is written out like that are midfield is very light as in not many... I think with Caffo going, we defo need another midfield player.

dublinwanderer
08/01/2008, 11:30 AM
yeah another midfielder is needed. would also like another forward too - broderick never got into the 1st team last year and i dont rate emeka...

superfrank
08/01/2008, 12:36 PM
In fairness, Emeika's just turned 18. He's still learning. It's down to Eddie for playing him.

I'd have Myler, Franco and Dunphy ahead of him. I can't remember Broderick playing last season, I know he was out injured for a lot of it. I think he should be given a chance, who knows what he'll do.

AFAIK, Pender can deputise in midfield if needed but imo, we need another Duggan like midfielder.

Grasshopper 99
08/01/2008, 4:05 PM
To my knowledge Broderick has left, so to has Niall Merriman who has joined Wayside. Maybe try get Alan Moore who has left Derry??? No harm in trying.

Green&whitearmy
08/01/2008, 4:22 PM
I dont think broderick has left, i'm pretty sure he signed a two year deal before last season so he has a year left.

I agree the midfield is a bit light but who can we get in, is there any decent(affordable) midfielders out there at the moment???

braysnumber1
15/01/2008, 11:22 AM
To my knowledge Broderick has left, so to has Niall Merriman who has joined Wayside. Maybe try get Alan Moore who has left Derry??? No harm in trying.

moore would cost too much and is too old and afaik he has signed for sligo, well according to there forum anyway

braysnumber1
15/01/2008, 11:26 AM
just looking at the bohs out column in the transfers thread all these players have been released
Dean Richardson (Released)
Ryan McCann (Released)
Dean Pooley (Released)

they'd be good signings for bray imo...

dublinwanderer
15/01/2008, 11:47 AM
just looking at the bohs out column in the transfers thread all these players have been released
Dean Richardson (Released)
Ryan McCann (Released)
Dean Pooley (Released)

they'd be good signings for bray imo...

all good players, but were they full time with bohs? wages would prob be too high for bray

superfrank
15/01/2008, 12:28 PM
Alan Murphy is on the free agents list. He's impressed me. He's definitely an addition to the midfield and afaik he can play up front too.

I know another Bray fan who'd love to see him join....

DmanDmythDledge
21/01/2008, 4:44 PM
Matt Gregg has not signed for Bray.

Colie
21/01/2008, 8:09 PM
Yeah the Gulls just got another keeper from Greystones instead. As good as done. And he's quality. I think he'll make no 1 for the season

DRDoc
21/01/2008, 9:57 PM
Alan Murphy left Derry as he wished to remain in full time employment outside of football - he works in galway city - so i dont think bray is viable for him

superfrank
22/01/2008, 1:47 PM
Some good news, Kav will be with us till the end of 2009 season.

http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=551&tt_news=281

KR's Post
22/01/2008, 2:58 PM
Matt Gregg has not signed for Bray.

This is true. Back with UCD now, apparently never signed. Gormley on the lookout for new Keeper. Quigley on his way to Derry or Cork!!

Grasshopper 99
22/01/2008, 4:08 PM
We have signed a lad called Chris Mason off Greystones, played with us beforevand by ehat i heard every other club around Bray

Colie
22/01/2008, 9:11 PM
We have signed a lad called Chris Mason off Greystones, played with us beforevand by ehat i heard every other club around BrayJoeys, Home Farm, Shams. Don't think he was with yee before though.

braysnumber1
23/01/2008, 2:11 PM
as per usual nothing up on the official website about either matt gregg not signing or chris mason actually signing....

did someon not say on this that the club dont put things up on the web unless they are absolutly true ie a player signing... well matt gregg was up on it as signed but then did he actually!!!

What's the point in the club putting up stories if their not true? would make them look like complete fools in fairness. I know the guy with the beard runs the site (can't remember his name) and i think he does a very good job, when the club has any official news he gets it up pretty much straight away, which is the way it should be done - if it's official it goes on the site, if not then it will most likely be posted here 1st....

IMO, no club should get involved in gossip and they should certianly not put it on their web sites.

Grasshopper 99
23/01/2008, 2:26 PM
Joeys, Home Farm, Shams. Don't think he was with yee before though.

Think he was with Glenview and ballywaltrim as well

KR's Post
24/01/2008, 9:51 AM
Think he was with Glenview and ballywaltrim as well

Don't tink he was with Glenview! He played for the u21 couple of times. Good Keeper!

dublinwanderer
27/01/2008, 6:00 PM
heard off a greystones player that chris mason is not signing for bray - too much training etc involved, seemingly he will have to train 5 nights a week and play a match... a bit much for a part time player imo...

superfrank
28/01/2008, 9:25 AM
At least it shows that Eddie and the players are serious about getting into shape for this season.

braysnumber1
30/01/2008, 1:10 PM
reading in the wicklow news that eddie is in negotiation with a club about a forward, with a fee involved!! have we ever had to buy a player before? wonder who this player is... Ger Rowe is transfer listed??? cancel the trip to spain and buy rowe instead...

thedoyler
30/01/2008, 5:20 PM
reading in the wicklow news that eddie is in negotiation with a club about a forward, with a fee involved!! have we ever had to buy a player before? wonder who this player is... Ger Rowe is transfer listed??? cancel the trip to spain and buy rowe instead...

Your spot on there mate it 'apparently' was sealed this morning i got a text confirming so, would be an excellent addition i think we'd be strong enough everywhere except goalkeeper to compete with the addition. Pity about Matt Gregg i would have thought the squad would have been complete then.

lowflyingseagul
01/02/2008, 9:44 AM
doesn't look like ger rowe will be going to bray on the cheap

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0201/shamrockrovers.html