PDA

View Full Version : Can we stay up?

bray boy
04/01/2008, 7:04 PM
it is most likely i think that we are going to be in the stressful relagation battle this season
with three goiong down can we stay up for another year in the premier?

superfrank
04/01/2008, 7:34 PM
Yeah we can stay up but it's important that the players focus on the task at hand.

Last year we did very well during the summer then around August, just after beating Galway in Terryland, the players relaxed and we got dragged back into it. Doing that again this year would be too dodgy. There's three automatic relegation spots, not just the one. And I have a feeling Harps and Cobh will be a lot better than Waterford and there won't be any help from the Longford board. Also, I believe Galway and Derry will do a lot better next year so the players really need to focus on the job. We can do it.

dublinwanderer
04/01/2008, 7:52 PM
I think the important thing is that we get off to a good start and pick up points early. if we do that then we'll be grand and shouldnt have to look over our shoulders like last season.

Any one for a good cup run this year???

Grey Boy
05/01/2008, 11:10 AM
I'd rather get knocked out in the first round by a non-league team and concentrate on staying up. Mind you both would be nice.

I think we'll have enough about us to just avoid relegation. As you said though a good solid start is the key.

centre mid
06/01/2008, 4:03 PM
I dont think we should be worrying about getting relegated, TBH i'm looking for us to push on and maybe target the FAI cup. We're a better side than any of the teams that came up.

Poor Student
07/01/2008, 12:46 PM
I feel with the squad and talent Bray have at this disposal then they should be comfortable enough. I'd say fifth from bottom at worst, possibly a top half of table finish. I'd expect you to be above UCD.

BrayUnknowns
07/01/2008, 2:06 PM
Lot of negative vibes there lads... I actually think we could do quite well, i know i said that last season but we really under preformed. A season under our belts, young players much more expierenced and much better quality brought into the squad. On paper there is f all difference between our squad and the likes of the 2 Rovers, we should be looking to match them stride for stride this season i reckon. Still think we need to add 2 more players to the squad

braysnumber1
07/01/2008, 4:38 PM
i think we can stay up but as dw said a good start is crucial. need another striker in squad as well as a centre half. was happy with the squad until caffo and deans left. midfield is strong enough but another centre back wudnt do any harm.

superfrank
07/01/2008, 4:52 PM
Lot of negative vibes there lads... I actually think we could do quite well, i know i said that last season but we really under preformed.
I think that's the problem with last year. Did we really underperform or did we just expect too much of the lads?

After all there was a lot of new faces and once Daz got injured we were really stuck. We didn't win for 8 games with him out, iirc.

Some more new faces this year and some familiar ones gone. It could take time to get them working together. I do feel the signings we've made are better than last years but there's more relegation places this year and like I said the lads relaxed around August last year and we got dragged back into the relegation struggle.

notever
07/01/2008, 7:56 PM
Its a pity to see so much negativity, why not be positive and stop talking about relegation before the season starts.With the signings, which look good, and last years players who now have a years Premier experience behind them we should be pushing for a top four spot and I feel (hope) Eddie will be telling this to the players.Here's to a great season ahead.

bray boy
08/01/2008, 4:59 PM
cant even believe anyones talking about pushing for a top four spot
yes a good start is crucial but then again look at last season, decent start and then a horrific august/september saw us into the relagation battle
and yes weve improved....but then again so have most other squads and also three going down this season going to be difficult

dublinwanderer
09/01/2008, 12:43 PM
cant even believe anyones talking about pushing for a top four spot
yes a good start is crucial but then again look at last season, decent start and then a horrific august/september saw us into the relagation battle
and yes weve improved....but then again so have most other squads and also three going down this season going to be difficult

Very True... I can't understand why people are saying we'll finish in top half. We have improved but need to play exceptional in every match to finish in top half and that is not going to happen... If we avoid relegation this year i'l be happy but i wouldnt say no to a high mid table position that we have nothing to play in november...