PDA

View Full Version : Switz 2-2 Russia

Real ale Madrid
07/06/2003, 11:19 PM
so a good day all round then.

Swiss went 2 up after 15mins but the russians came back. We could go top with a win Wednesday! ..i think

tiktok
08/06/2003, 1:36 AM
yeah, we can go a point clear with a win over georgia.

then we go to switzerland and have the russians at home to round out the group. a win in either of these games will see us in second and the playoffs, two wins and we'll top the group (assuming we see off the georgians).

pineapple stu
08/06/2003, 3:43 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
then we go to switzerland and have the russians at home to round out the group.

Other way around - Switzerland in Basel is the last match. Can't see us winning there, so we must beat Georgia and Russia.

The Legend
09/06/2003, 4:54 PM
How can a team go from doing so well in the World Cup, to now being scared of Switzerland away???

tiktok
09/06/2003, 5:02 PM
to be honest i'd take the playoffs (although we'll probably get turkey/england) given the start we had but i think we are well capable of winning all three games. Not because we're brilliant but because (let's be fair) we have a soft group. i'm definitely not afraid of either of the 'big two' we have left to play.

pineapple stu
09/06/2003, 5:32 PM
Originally posted by The Legend
How can a team go from doing so well in the World Cup, to now being scared of Switzerland away???

Not saying we should be scared of playing there - simple fact is that Switzerland are a good team with a very good home record and an intimidating stadium and crowd, and that a draw would be a very good result there.

gspain
09/06/2003, 6:07 PM
2 home wins and a draw in Switzerland will probably mean we win the group (assuming Russia beat Switzerland in Moscow).

This is not by any means impossible.