PDA

View Full Version : kilbane not good enough.

B1977
07/06/2003, 11:17 PM
what qualities does kevin kilbane posess.mick mccarthy kept faith with him now brian kerr is playing him.

bobby ryan of bohemians is a class player.is he better than kilbane?

gustavo
07/06/2003, 11:19 PM
not trying to be critical of bobby ryan but maybe he too wud struggle at this level but ur right that kilbane is a one trick pony and our team would be better served without him

Real ale Madrid
07/06/2003, 11:22 PM
Kilbane seems to be an easy target for critism, mostly from myself but I can't think of anything good he did today. most of the team were shocking today to be fair.

Kilbane is better than Bobby Ryan

B1977
07/06/2003, 11:31 PM
kilbane and duff are both wingers.both are international footballers,but there is a big difference between them.ireland need an exciting pacy skillful player for the right side.kilbane does not fit the bill. mark kennedy is another that fails to live up to his reputation. we will end up relying too heavly on the duffer.

ifk101
08/06/2003, 11:59 AM
maybe its time for andy reid to make the step up from the u21's and replace kilbane, otherwise why not give wes hoolihan a run.in fairness to kerr there's not much experimenting he can do if we want to qualify for portugal. once though the friendlies come around in the new year i think kerr will open up to el + other possiblities especially in the b international that is being organised against the scots.

Estar
08/06/2003, 12:15 PM
Kilbane is bad but Conolly axe him quick please, dots would be better (we need a battering ram for the other guys, I think Kerr likes him from the past).

But lads you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear:p

Éanna
08/06/2003, 12:44 PM
Kilbane tries but he's not up to it. Connolly is brutal,but he has a knack for making himself look like he's busy, therefore covering up his absolute sh!tness

pineapple stu
08/06/2003, 3:42 PM
If Duff is fit for Wednesday, we have to play Steven Reid and Doherty instead of Kilbane and Connolly. I was saying early in the second half that we should make those changes - we improved a lot after we did, and Doherty made the goal.

Connolly has his strengths, but battling against really physical players like the Albanians isn't one of them. Kilbane might be a good player, but he doesn't seem to have much confidence at the moment (can't blame him playing for Sunderland) and Steven Reid should play on the left instead.

But for all that, the problem yesterday wasn't with any one player - nobody closed the Albanians down! They looked very ordinary on the rare occasions we went near them, and we should have won by two or three but we let them play far too much. Georgia are probably a slightly better team - we're not going to get away with yesterday's performance again...:(

elroy
09/06/2003, 10:45 AM
Kilbane definitely isnt good enough for the left wing, he tried to beat his man once on sat and ran striaght into him. He doesnt seem to have the ability to beat a player on the wing, plus he is so frustrating the way he gets the ball and 99% of the time pass it backwards, i think he might be a better option at left back, O'shea is been wasted on the left, needs to be used in centre defence or prob centre midfield seeing as we are so weak in there.
Also, think doherty should be given a start on wed., he troubled the georgians away and heard they have a few injuries at the back too.

tiktok
09/06/2003, 3:08 PM
i don't particularly like him but i'd agree about giving doherty a chance up front. i think Kerr is limited in the changes he can make, he doesn't have a very strong squad at the moment. I think with doherty in the centre that Duff should start left wing, at least a few crosses will get in. I'd start reid on the right though.