PDA

View Full Version : How to get ps3 online?

harpstilidie
03/01/2008, 3:48 PM
Just got a 60gb ps3 there and im just wondering if any of you lads can help me? I want to connect the ps3 to the internet using my modem from irish broadband and on the ps3 it says ip address succeeded but internet connection failed. This code comes up 80710273 and i dont know what it means. Any help please?

Closed Account 2
04/01/2008, 11:02 PM
are you on wireless internet ? if you are it should just fire up. have u set up a ps3 account, you might need to do that.

harpstilidie
05/01/2008, 11:44 AM
No dont have wireless broadband. Just the wired version :D its with irish broadband and i've rang them and all they can do is give me the ip address which i already have and it worked but can't get any further. So so annoying...

gilberto_eire
07/01/2008, 2:52 AM
so its stuck at NAT 3?...... ok what ya need to do is manually set up a connection.....

click START on your computer desktop then click RUN, type CMD, this will bring up a small black screen, type in IPCONFIG, there you'll get the ''subnet mask'', ''default gateway'' and ''ip address'', you have to assign a separate IP to the PS3.......

in my PS3 setting i set the IP address for my PS3 to 23(i.e 192.168.1.23)
sebnet mask at 255.255.255.0
default router, primary DNS and secondary DNS all set to the default gateway my P.C gave me in the CMD place(i.e 192.168.1.254)

then in internet explorer type in your IP address to bring you onto your router box page..... enter expert mode, configure i have Upnp turned off....

in FIREWALL aswell on the main page in expert page put that to LOW from medium, i had all other things done before but with firewall on medium it was still giving me NAT 3!!.....

select your router from that page and you'll get the ports for the PSnetwork add them in expert mode in case!!
http://portforward.com/english/route...outerindex.htm

there should be 5 ports PSN1-PSN5

ATTENTION i posted that on boards.ie, it was for an eircom broadband box..... the same principles should apply though.....

harpstilidie
07/01/2008, 9:24 AM
so its stuck at NAT 3?...... ok what ya need to do is manually set up a connection.....

click START on your computer desktop then click RUN, type CMD, this will bring up a small black screen, type in IPCONFIG, there you'll get the ''subnet mask'', ''default gateway'' and ''ip address'', you have to assign a separate IP to the PS3.......

in my PS3 setting i set the IP address for my PS3 to 23(i.e 192.168.1.23)
sebnet mask at 255.255.255.0
default router, primary DNS and secondary DNS all set to the default gateway my P.C gave me in the CMD place(i.e 192.168.1.254)

then in internet explorer type in your IP address to bring you onto your router box page..... enter expert mode, configure i have Upnp turned off....

in FIREWALL aswell on the main page in expert page put that to LOW from medium, i had all other things done before but with firewall on medium it was still giving me NAT 3!!.....

select your router from that page and you'll get the ports for the PSnetwork add them in expert mode in case!!
http://portforward.com/english/route...outerindex.htm

there should be 5 ports PSN1-PSN5

ATTENTION i posted that on boards.ie, it was for an eircom broadband box..... the same principles should apply though.....

Thanks alot gilberto...must give it a go when i get home...do i need a router for this to work? Im getting one this week anyway just in case.

gilberto_eire
07/01/2008, 3:51 PM
Thanks alot gilberto...must give it a go when i get home...do i need a router for this to work? Im getting one this week anyway just in case.

i dont think so, as long as you have it connected by the enternet yellow cable i think it should be the same thing, gilberto-galway@hotmail.com is my msn if you have that

harpstilidie
07/01/2008, 3:59 PM
i dont think so, as long as you have it connected by the enternet yellow cable i think it should be the same thing, gilberto-galway@hotmail.com is my msn if you have that

A yellow ethernet cable? Im just using the black one that i got with the ps3 and putting it into the broadband box.

gilberto_eire
07/01/2008, 6:47 PM
A yellow ethernet cable? Im just using the black one that i got with the ps3 and putting it into the broadband box.

soz was thinking of the yellow one i got with my P.C....ya black one for PS3...same thing doh :D lol

EAFC_rdfl
21/01/2008, 8:38 AM
im thinkin about getting the vodafone broadband, just wondering would I be able to connect a ps3 with this?

tetsujin1979
21/01/2008, 9:20 AM
I'd stay away from any of the mobile broadband if you're looking to use it for gaming online

gilberto_eire
22/01/2008, 5:59 PM
Id say they only offer 1MB which is fine for internet browsing??.
For gaming you need AT LEAST a 2MB connection!!