PDA

View Full Version : Rugby thing on TV tonight

Angus
03/01/2008, 3:22 PM
I am not a particularly big egg chaser but I can understand the whole Croke Park England thing but am I off base to say that to have yet another programme on TV tonight about this is lazy TV ?

Enough already - as some folks have said on here someplace, was it not all a bit OTT ?

I understand the historical significance etc but big wow - we did not boo the anthem - the same way we have not booed their anthem for 100 years at Lansdowne.

This strikes me as lazy TV and an easy way to fill an hour or whatever it is with minimal effort...........

OwlsFan
04/01/2008, 9:04 AM
I agree. Cringe making stuff. By and large the rugger people anyway would be the last to boo the English anthem so it was no big deal. The ban to me was pathetic and if it showed that the GAA were no longer neanderthals with their "foreign sport" mentality nonsense, this was something.

To me, it was much ado about nothing.

OneRedArmy
04/01/2008, 9:18 AM
The fact that it was a repeat of a programme that was shown only a few months ago bothered me more. Very lazy as you say Angus.

But I still got a chuck out of B'ODs motivational "roysh lads, we are soooo going to kick their orses" speech. He sounds like a mix between Caroline Morahan and Snake from the Simpsons.

Dodge
04/01/2008, 10:59 AM
ban to me was pathetic and if it showed that the GAA were no longer neanderthals with their "foreign sport" mentality nonsense, this was something. .

Or at least it put their mentlity on hold for a year, at one location only