PDA

View Full Version : Copying DVDs

elroy
03/01/2008, 11:01 AM
I know this is a weird request, but does anyone know if any place in dublin that will make copies of dvds for me. My laptop only writes cds and seems to be the case with everyone else i know. I promised I get the sisters wedding dvd copied for her ages ago and well now shes looking for them

monutdfc
03/01/2008, 11:11 AM
If you know anyone who has bought a pc in the last 18 months or so they should have a dvd writer on it.
Or anyone with a DVD recorder should be able to do it for you too.

paul_oshea
03/01/2008, 12:31 PM
you dont even need to do that. just copy the image to the hard drive and then write the image back again. isobuster and other such programs will do it for you alcohol120 is another.

elroy
03/01/2008, 2:34 PM
If you know anyone who has bought a pc in the last 18 months or so they should have a dvd writer on it.
Or anyone with a DVD recorder should be able to do it for you too.

I have a DVD recorder, how can i copy it on that. Presume its a case of hooking up a normal dvd player, playing the dvd while recordning on the other?

monutdfc
04/01/2008, 10:02 AM
I have a DVD recorder, how can i copy it on that. Presume its a case of hooking up a normal dvd player, playing the dvd while recordning on the other?
No reason why that shouldn't work.
If your DVD recorder has a hard drive then save it on to that and then you can make multiple copies.

KR's Post
05/01/2008, 4:18 PM
I promised I get the sisters wedding dvd copied for her ages ago and well now shes looking for them

Your sisters name isn't Stacey by the way!:o