PDA

View Full Version : Ins / Outs 2008

Pages : [1] 2

manalishi
03/01/2008, 10:42 AM
Anyone heard any news

Magicme
03/01/2008, 10:46 AM
I heard that iphones will be big this year and jeans tucked into your boots are out.

Is that any help?

smellyfeet
03/01/2008, 11:05 AM
I heard that iphones will be big this year and jeans tucked into your boots are out.:o

Is that any help?

i beleave kevin waters is gone. nothing else.

sadloserkid
03/01/2008, 1:00 PM
i beleave kevin waters is gone. nothing else.

Add Fini, Chucka, Colbert to that exits door I believe.

jebus
03/01/2008, 2:21 PM
I heard that iphones will be big this year and jeans tucked into your boots are out.

Is that any help?

Jeans tucked into your boots will never be out

manalishi
03/01/2008, 2:28 PM

Didn't hear that but if true who will replace them? Finucane would be biggest loss imo.

If my memory is correct all players last year only signed 1 year contract so i suppose the question is, have L37 signed any players for the 2008 season.

BTW, Limerick37 Website has no info either.

the dazzler
03/01/2008, 4:42 PM

who are they gone to

KevB76
03/01/2008, 4:59 PM
If my memory is correct all players last year only signed 1 year contract so i suppose the question is, have L37 signed any players for the 2008 season.

Six of last years U21's have signed for 2008, but I think that is all so far......

sadloserkid
03/01/2008, 6:15 PM
who are they gone to

Fini's apparently unavailable for reasons that I don't know, Buckley tied up with work and I heard Colbert's going back to Fairview. Dunno how definite all of that is.

Magicme
04/01/2008, 9:48 AM
Jeans tucked into your boots will never be out

Technically true coz in my opinion they were never in or at least should never have been.

KevB76
04/01/2008, 12:38 PM
Fini's apparently unavailable for reasons that I don't know...

Could be for the same reason he missed a few games last year, wasn't it work or college or something along those lines....

jebus
04/01/2008, 12:42 PM
Could be for the same reason he missed a few games last year, wasn't it work or college or something along those lines....

Work wants him to put sometime in at night and weekend college or something like that so he can't commit anymore

manalishi
04/01/2008, 2:56 PM
Six of last years U21's have signed for 2008, but I think that is all so far......

Who are the players.

KevB76
04/01/2008, 5:56 PM
Who are the players.

Darren Harrington, Donie Curtin, .....John Tierney I think, and Paul Danagher possibly ....not sure of the rest.
I think it was L37Ultra who posted the names on a previous thread but I cant find it now.

Can anyone else remember ?

Den Perry
04/01/2008, 6:13 PM
what players do ye think he should bring in?

Lim till i die
04/01/2008, 8:35 PM
Darren Harrington, Donie Curtin, .....John Tierney I think, and Paul Danagher possibly ....not sure of the rest.
I think it was L37Ultra who posted the names on a previous thread but I cant find it now.

Eddie Brazier
Johnathan Grant

L37Ultra
04/01/2008, 9:42 PM

Darren Harrington, Donie Curtain, John Tierney, Jonaton Grant, Paul Danagher, Eddie Brazier are the six under-21s that have signed for the senior team as far as I can remember. Others who have left Limerick:

Bobby Gregg -> Wemebly
Aled Harkin -> Fairview
Shane Clarke -> Wemebly

Does any one know if any of the other U-21s are signing?

gael353
04/01/2008, 10:24 PM
Tierney and Barrett were the only two first teamers on two year contracts so the're still there. Add to that, Brazier, Grant, Dannagher, Darren Harrington and Donie Curtin. The other 21s some of whom went back to their clubs most will come back and sign in June/July. One or two were still minor so it was their last chance to play at that level.

allab
04/01/2008, 11:10 PM
Tierney and Barrett were the only two first teamers on two year contracts so the're still there. Add to that, Brazier, Grant, Dannagher, Darren Harrington and Donie Curtin. The other 21s some of whom went back to their clubs most will come back and sign in June/July. One or two were still minor so it was their last chance to play at that level.

did davy ryan not sign??

Fairkop
04/01/2008, 11:42 PM

both barrett and tierney owed money so they are not bound by contracts,certainly hope they stay.

L37Ultra
05/01/2008, 12:39 AM

Add Jimmy Fyfe to that list aswell id say.

pearse4t3
05/01/2008, 12:21 PM
The under 21's players that signed contracts ay the end of the season are Eddie Brazier, Jon Grant, Darren Harrington, Donie Curtin, Davy Ryan and Bobby Gregg. John Tierney was under contract anyway.

Lim till i die
05/01/2008, 4:26 PM
Bobby Gregg

Thought he was going back playing minor :confused:

sadloserkid
06/01/2008, 11:24 AM
Add Jimmy Fyfe to that list aswell id say.

Is that a hunch or something more than that?

Jimmy captained the team in Mike Kerley's last season I'm pretty sure so I see no reason why he'd bail out unless work/music/etc came calling.

limfan
06/01/2008, 6:45 PM
Will kerely try and get a few of the kerry lads he had before with o'mahony, shugrue and conway(older)???

L37Ultra
07/01/2008, 12:26 PM
Is that a hunch or something more than that?

Jimmy captained the team in Mike Kerley's last season I'm pretty sure so I see no reason why he'd bail out unless work/music/etc came calling.

No hunch whatsoever, he told me himself that he was working 6 days a week with his band and he would find it hard to dedicate time to playing with Limerick next season.

Roadend
07/01/2008, 1:30 PM
He should write a song about it, it could be big.;)

Den Perry
07/01/2008, 8:38 PM
ye may have the pick of Kilkenny's players seeing as they'll have no club..

Lim till i die
07/01/2008, 9:02 PM
he told me himself that he was working 6 days a week with his band

Lol :D

ye may have the pick of Kilkenny's players seeing as they'll have no club..

Double Lol :D

Den Perry
07/01/2008, 11:08 PM
Lol :D

Double Lol :D

ye're record against them last season wasn't so hot though....two defeats according to the records..

Lim till i die
08/01/2008, 2:44 PM
ye're record against them last season wasn't so hot though....two defeats according to the records..

I was laughing because our budget wouldn't allow to be paying nobodies to travel up from Kilkenny why go down there for players??

For the record it was:

P: 4
W: 1
D: 1
L: 2

GF: 4
GA: 7

And yes I would consider this to be shameful :o

Jofspring
09/01/2008, 9:31 AM
anybody have any idea who was training with limerick last night? Might give us a good idea of who will be playing next season.

Lim till i die
09/01/2008, 10:22 AM
anybody have any idea who was training with limerick last night? Might give us a good idea of who will be playing next season.

Was just Mike Kerley doing a few laps :p

KevB76
09/01/2008, 12:20 PM

There were no new players, I dont know which of those already mentioned were in attendance.

Lim till i die
09/01/2008, 12:29 PM
There were no new players, I dont know which of those already mentioned were in attendance.

How many players??

KevB76
09/01/2008, 12:35 PM
How many players??

Dont know, I only asked my source ;) if there were new players - I presume 6 :confused:

L37Ultra
09/01/2008, 12:59 PM
Limerick are training out in Corbally's pitch again tonight. They were only in the gym in UL the other night!! Apparently, the six U-21s were there (Curtin, Grant, Harrington, Brazier, Tierney and Danagher) plus Purcell, Derek McCarthy are the only other two that were definitly there.

balls
09/01/2008, 3:45 PM
80% of kilkennys good young players from last season are all from tipperary so travelling into limerick would not be major journey. some of em are fairly handy too. think tim kiely young 18 year old has signed for cork city from kilkenny already so rest of em would definatly be worth having a look at

GenerationXI
09/01/2008, 5:01 PM
Being a new signing myself :( I would like to say only this: Perhaps I haven't lived through a real disappointment yet (in Jackman anyway;)) but I like the idea that the club has allowed so many youths to come up. It's Limerick football that wins when all the mercenaries go elsewhere...shame about colbert, fini and chucka (work commitments?) though. If we survive this season and manage to keep the squad together (2 large IFs, I know) then we could be looking at a much better season the following year. The fans aren't the only people in Limerick who take pride in the team. If the players are committed then what more can we ask for? I'd rather watch a team grow, work and develop together - and reap the long term benefits - than see the usual bunch drafted in... maybe I'll learn.

sadloserkid
09/01/2008, 5:52 PM
Being a new signing myself :( I would like to say only this: Perhaps I haven't lived through a real disappointment yet (in Jackman anyway;)) but I like the idea that the club has allowed so many youths to come up. It's Limerick football that wins when all the mercenaries go elsewhere...shame about colbert, fini and chucka (work commitments?) though. If we survive this season and manage to keep the squad together (2 large IFs, I know) then we could be looking at a much better season the following year. The fans aren't the only people in Limerick who take pride in the team. If the players are committed then what more can we ask for? I'd rather watch a team grow, work and develop together - and reap the long term benefits - than see the usual bunch drafted in... maybe I'll learn.

I'm all for young players coming through the club. I'm not sure that all of ours will ever be up to standard though. That said this season we probably can't afford much more and it will be the making or breaking of most of these players.

L37Ultra
09/01/2008, 6:00 PM
Well i think if players use the excuse of work etc... we would be better off without them. Fair enough there are some players with genunie reasons for not playing next season but there are some who had just seen it as an extra bit of money and now that the club has a lower wage bill then we see so many players making excuse. Some these young players are proud to be playing for Limerick which can only be a good thing, whether or not they are good enough, only time will tell :ball:

Fairkop
09/01/2008, 6:06 PM
speaking of ins and outs,looks like our ceo is out though not confirmed yet.

KevB76
09/01/2008, 6:06 PM
I'm all for young players coming through the club. I'm not sure that all of ours will ever be up to standard though. That said this season we probably can't afford much more and it will be the making or breaking of most of these players.

After watching a lot of last seasons U21's matches I am happy to say the ones who have signed are definitely the cream of the crop, the exceptions being Bobby Gregg and Shane Clarke (two of the better ones not signed AFAIK).

The U21's mostly did well when they had to step up to the senior side last season, but it will be interesting to see how they get on when they themselves make up most of the first team.

I dont have many expectations this year but it will be great to see Limerick's best young players coming through, maybe they'll have an extra bit of pride and passion, and for me any victories will be that much sweeter :ball:

L37Ultra
09/01/2008, 6:10 PM
speaking of ins and outs,looks like our ceo is out though not confirmed yet.

Elaboate....

Lim till i die
10/01/2008, 8:45 AM
Well i think if players use the excuse of work etc... we would be better off without them.

Balls tbh.

Beggars and choosing and all that

L37Ultra
10/01/2008, 10:13 AM
Balls tbh.

Beggars and choosing and all that

Ya but it shows that they dont care about playing with Limerick but I suppose if you put it that way a good player who doesnt care is always going to be better than a crap player trying. I mean take Hella Lumni for example :p

L37Ultra
10/01/2008, 10:22 AM
Ins:
None yet:(

Outs:
Nigel Keady
Paul Finucane
Kevin Waters
Anthony Hayes
Padraig Moran
Brian Buckley

:mad: