PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong at Bohs???

EireBadBoy
07/06/2003, 4:41 AM
We were all relying on Bohs to produce the goods in the CL this Season, with an Irish International looming large as their spear head, things aren't looking rosy in the Garden of Dalymount, where has it all gone wrong??? Is Mr.Kenny recieving just Karma for his walk out on Longford? Are Bohs held in too much esteeem?

Time is running out before Europe calls, Where has it all gone wrong for the Team, we all thought, would do us proud in Europe?

TommyT
07/06/2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by EireBadBoy
Are Bohs held in too much esteeem?

Where has it all gone wrong for the Team, we all thought, would do us proud in Europe?

Yes they are.

There's not that much wrong, just that the league's very competitive and there isn't as big a gap between them and everyone else as they thought. That said they're only a few points behind Shels and have come the closest to beating them all season.

techs
07/06/2003, 7:09 PM
OH revenge is sweet!!! SO SWWWWWEEET!!!

LONGFRD TOWN TO BEAT BOHS THIS FRIDAY AND CAUSE STEPHEN KENNY'S TO GET THE SACK!

He got to big for his boots and now its payback time!

southside bohs
08/06/2003, 7:18 PM
There is too much expectations from the fans and media.i think we will beat longford on friday because we are strong in dalymount,(apart from the derry and rovers match).
i'm still not worried about the champions league yet because there is a two week break to come, which bohs will be greatfull for.
we were bad on friday against a team that look certain on relagation this season, they got two goals on the break,bohs without a doubt should have won it.this is just a bad run that every team gets after the two week break we will be back.

p.s
don't worry we will do ireland proud in europe on and off the pitch
and hopefully we are not the only one's(derry,shels,rovers)and hopefully we all get great support from every club in ireland

Soko
08/06/2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by TommyT
That said they're only a few points behind Shels and have come the closest to beating them all season.

I think that would actually have been at Turners Cross where they were even jammier than against Bohs. $hels have had that bit of luck you need to be succcesful so far but I cant see them running away with the league.

d13bohs
09/06/2003, 7:06 PM
What has happened is that most of the squad are in the comfort zone so far this season and are happy to collect their (large) paychecks without putting in the required effort (Kevin Hunt excepted obviously!). Also, teams are finding it easier to play against us, defenders are doubling up on our wingers although Bobby showed signs against UCD that he is back to his best, they just didn't get the ball to him often enough. There are no drastic changes required, just a few players to show a lot more commitment and a few variations on our tactics. I think we will come back after the break and go on a long unbeaten run, $hle$ aren't that far ahead and have been lucky so far

patsh
09/06/2003, 8:28 PM
I think Kelly is a very poor keeper, and Derek Coughlan looks to be sleepwalking through games.
Like Cork City, I reckon one game, a bit of luck or some other event could suddenly get things going very quickly.
The team (with the exception of Kelly) and manager are all more than capable of winning the title again this year.

TommyT
10/06/2003, 1:22 AM
Originally posted by d13bohs
I think we will come back after the break and go on a long unbeaten run, $hle$ aren't that far ahead and have been lucky so far

You will come back but it's a tough ask in terms of winning the league. Last season Bohs dropped 27 points (one a game) in the first ten team season, that's exactly what Shels have dropped so far (one a game=10). Bohs have dropped 17 and also have the distraction of Europe to come, unlike the other chasers.

d13bohs
10/06/2003, 11:58 AM
I agree we have dropped too many points and it will be difficult to win the league but we are definitely still in with a very good chance of winning it despite our poor form. Pats and Cork will be the teams to watch though when the European games start for the rest of us but I think good results and performances in Europe do not always adversely affect league form, if we win our first round CL tie the players will be given a massive confidence boost. I think $hel$ will drop more than 1 a game (36 points) over the whole season.

ramsie
14/06/2003, 11:25 PM
i think they need Dave Hill back hes a legend

tiktok
15/06/2003, 3:17 AM
admit it ramsie, you just want rid of him;)

ramsie
15/06/2003, 11:44 PM
Fu*k no hes the soundest person ever and hes doing good as manager

Macy
16/06/2003, 8:08 AM
I thought Bohs were very poor on Friday - on their board they reckon it was a good performance!?!?!?! We should've beaten them, and had two great chances to put us out of site....

More of a worry for them must be the attendance - no wonder they're touting this bond scheme - It really couldn't have been much over 2000 - the Jodi wasn't at all full, and less than a hundred in the shed.... There is no way they can stay financially viable on those crowds....

Kenny Must Stay...

Jaime
16/06/2003, 11:56 AM
A few players need a kick up the arse. Maybe the tactics/formation need to be changed, as every team in the league is wide to us by now. He's taking his time, but most people reckon that Kenny will turn it around.

d13bohs
16/06/2003, 2:02 PM
Macy, I haven't seen the official attendance figures but there was easily over 3,000 there, I know its not a lot but I think you're getting a bit carried away with your estimate. The Jodi was almost full, loads of people stand in the aisles in blocks F & G as well, only your end of the stand was empty (we even stood there for the second half to make it look a bit more full :D )

On the game itself, we weren't great but certainly did enough to beat longford, you did have 2 other chances apart from your goal but for most of the first half and the last 10 minutes of the second half we created a lot more than you, we were poor at the start of both halves though. Without Shay Kelly in goal we would definitely have got 3 points

Macy
16/06/2003, 2:33 PM
Originally posted by d13bohs
Macy, I haven't seen the official attendance figures but there was easily over 3,000 there

No way at all - the Jodi holds less than 3000, and the last couple of blocks weren't at all full - sure even when the BSC and others moved down in the second half there were still plenty of room around us.... I was talking to a bohs fan at work this morning, and he reckoned around the 2,000 mark as well.... Besides surely with the new (and stupid) ticketing scheme Bohs will have the accurate figures available....

WeAreRovers
16/06/2003, 4:06 PM
Back to the question - What's wrong with Bohs? Nothing, they're back in their rightful place, mid table playing in front of less than 2,000 fans, most of whom are dribbling in their sleep or muttering incoherent stuff about Kenny Out or Billy Young Out or Mahon Out or Roddy Out or Gregg Out....you get the picture. Normal service is resumed in Dalymoan.

KOH

d13bohs
16/06/2003, 4:15 PM
I haven't heard anybody at Bohs looking for Kenny to be sacked, talking of teams being in their rightful places (not that rovers have one these days :D), lets hope rovers don't do another Gornik Zabre and humiliate Irish football in europe again, try and keep the score below 5 this time lads if you can. Btw its all gone very quiet on the Ben Dunne front, has he gone on another charlie bender and spent the money? Is he going to pay the players their unpaid bonuses? If not, then who is? It will be difficult to maintain your 5 point lead over us if your players are on strike no matter how badly ours are playing

Colm
16/06/2003, 4:28 PM
According to the Star today, the attendance at Bohs v Longford was 2600.

WeAreRovers
16/06/2003, 4:58 PM
Originally posted by Colm
According to the Star today, the attendance at Bohs v Longford was 2600.

Must be true so. ;)

KOH

TommyT
16/06/2003, 5:48 PM
Colm as I've said before, the whole point of theattendences thread was that many of the net regulars had a much better idea than the Star.

sadloserkid
16/06/2003, 5:59 PM
And for some reasons the clowns at The Star leave Limerick's home games outta their little stayy thing on Tuesdays most of the time. :confused: It's happened three times at least this season! :rolleyes:

drummer boy
17/06/2003, 4:22 PM
bohs played good football against us at times. all they need is someone to click. doyle is a good player but his finishing is poor. if you won your next game comfortably id say that your bad patch is finished. but that win may not come for a while.

d13bohs
17/06/2003, 6:31 PM
It better come in the next 2 league games or we're in trouble :( , I thought Doyle played well last friday and of his 4 chances 1 went in, 1 was a great save by O'Brien, 1 was a good save and the header was a bad miss. I would still start him for the next few league games

drummer boy
18/06/2003, 11:18 AM
it il come he is a very skilfull player with an excellent touch his now that i think of it he probably would have scored more if it wasant for the best keeper in the league digger o' brien. but with more experience doyle will be savage i think.

Colm
18/06/2003, 1:47 PM
Originally posted by TommyT
Colm as I've said before, the whole point of theattendences thread was that many of the net regulars had a much better idea than the Star.

Ok, I wasn't saying how reliable or not the Star's figures were, I was merely quoting a figure they gave for the attendance at a game which there was a lot of confusion about here.

Macy
19/06/2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Colm
a game which there was a lot of confusion about here.
Nah, just more big club rubbish by Bohs.... The Bohs fans here were very worried about the attendance, given their wage bill...