PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle

Pages : [1] 2 3

Angus
03/01/2008, 7:34 AM
Bad result last night but I urge (not that my, or anybody's voice here will make any difference) the Toon not to ditch Big Sam.

Sam clearly has a plan which will take a period of time to bed in. They are in mid table with zero chance of relegation. Yes, he has bought questionably but he inherited a dodgy squad dominated by the Owen problem.

The Owen presence hangs over the club and until he is gone Newcastle will not be able to break free of his influence.

According to what I have read, Sam has said he is overhauling the entire club and that simply takes time. The worst thing Toon could do is to ditch him and to bring in Shearer.

I have jumped about my living room many times when Shearer scored goals and he was truly class but as a coach of a squad like that ?

Only in Newcastle would this be seriously contemplated

gustavo
03/01/2008, 8:29 AM
Is there really a need to open such a narrowly focused thread?

drinkfeckarse
03/01/2008, 8:44 AM
The worst thing Toon could do is to ditch him and to bring in Shearer.

I have jumped about my living room many times when Shearer scored goals and he was truly class but as a coach of a squad like that ?

Only in Newcastle would this be seriously contemplated

I remember watching England being taught a footballing lesson off Croatia a couple of months ago. All the lads are pulling their hair out in the studio at half time. Cue Gary Lineker asking Shearer "Well Alan, what do we need to change?". Shearer comes out with this priceless gem....

"Eh well I think we just need to get stuck into them".

Fascinating insight there Alan...

elroy
03/01/2008, 11:04 AM
Its unbelievable how such a big club with a great deal of potential on and off the pitch has so little success to its name. There are some quality players at that club but no matter who seems to be in charge, they just cant get it to come together - a bit like spurs in a way.

shakermaker1982
03/01/2008, 12:26 PM
Mid table is all Newcastle deserve. Geez the amount of newspaper columns written about the toon army/Big Sam you'd think they were a candidate for relegation. They change their managers around as often as spurs and one day it might click for em that stability is the key to achieving success on the field.

ramsfan
03/01/2008, 2:03 PM
big sam is a goner, sad to see but the money in football creates a pressure that means it is instant success or immediate sacking, sad really

Stevo Da Gull
04/01/2008, 10:40 AM
Newcastle fans = bonkers
Allardyce = wan... never mind

galwayhoop
04/01/2008, 11:44 AM
it is hard to see him survive in fairness. his next few games are:

stoke (who are pushing for promotion at the top of the championship) away in the cup. have to favour stoke here but even if Newcastle win it is a stay of exectuion as next up is....

man utd (a) in the league.... a home banker i'd say. however this is followed by

Bolton (h) - this may be his only chance to keep his job, especially if anelka leaves.... but then

Arsenal (a) and Newcastle NEVER do well in london!!!!

jebus
04/01/2008, 12:40 PM
Hope he gets sacked and washes up at yet another bog standard club where he can work his 'magic' by hoofing balls into the sky. Complete tosser that he is

ramsfan
04/01/2008, 12:50 PM
Hope he gets sacked and washes up at yet another bog standard club where he can work his 'magic' by hoofing balls into the sky. Complete tosser that he is

Sad to hear alimerick supporter talk like that, specially when sam has the best of things to say about limerick,stiil ye meet his criteria so he may end up with ye

one thing you have to say it shows how bonkers the press get in england they are slating him now, a couple of months ago he was a strong candidate in their eyes for the england job:rolleyes:

dfx-
04/01/2008, 1:16 PM
The Newcastle supporters at home to Liverpool deserve nothing more than they have at the minute.

Their behaviour was disgraceful - mid match, ffs. Birmingham were much better when they were 0-7 down at home. Or Derby when they were 0-5 down to West Ham.

shakermaker1982
04/01/2008, 2:09 PM
how much would it cost Newcastle to sack Big Sam and his 20 backroom staff he brought in? Give him the whole season I say, they won't go down so no damage done.

jebus
04/01/2008, 3:50 PM
how much would it cost Newcastle to sack Big Sam and his 20 backroom staff he brought in? Give him the whole season I say, they won't go down so no damage done.

One of the sundays quoted a huge figure (can't remember what it was, but I did bang my head falling off my chair so that might explain it), which apparantly is the reason he hasn't been sacked yet

Lim till i die
04/01/2008, 4:54 PM
Its unbelievable how such a big club with a great deal of potential on and off the pitch has so little success to its name.

Big club my behind.

An absolute nothing club with the absolute worst kind of supporters.

ramsfan
06/01/2008, 10:51 AM
make or break today, owner of club in papers today saying he supports sam, wonder will he feel the same if stoke turn them over today. all they have left is the cup

sadloserkid
06/01/2008, 11:53 AM
Love Allardyce the coach, love what he did with Bolton. Given time he'll lead Newcastle into Europe but whether he'll get it or not is another matter.

ramsfan
06/01/2008, 7:17 PM
very lucky to survive in cup today, how did parkin miss ,good to see duffer back getting better with each game

bennocelt
07/01/2008, 2:50 PM

wow Jebus i actually agree 100% with you :)(i must now lie down after all this!)

All this couldnt have happened to a nicer person (pig?):)
Greedy, corrupt, ignorant, and over-rated
Im sure his pro-zone isnt much good to him these days:rolleyes:

Last night was awful, and i cant see how he is still a manager today. Newcastle were soulless, had no ideas or plans, and look like a team on the brink

Stuttgart88
07/01/2008, 4:00 PM
I read this weekend that Allardyce brough over 20 staff with him or were appointed by him. All kinds of stuff from pshychologists to dieticians, coaching support etc. That's some entourage.

On the pitch I couldn't believe how bad that guy David Rozenhal is. Was he in the Czech team that we played? He was utter rubbish.

bennocelt
08/01/2008, 3:04 PM
On the pitch I couldn't believe how bad that guy David Rozenhal is. Was he in the Czech team that we played? He was utter rubbish.

yeah, but you can see why he is part of the team, all he does is lob it forward

by the way, i thought Nicky Butt was shocking, no forward runs, not plugging the gaps in midfield

ramsfan
08/01/2008, 4:50 PM
newcastle nearly had to get second bench they had so many staff, and all of them were miked up what do they have to talk about,

sligoman
09/01/2008, 4:48 PM
Sam has left the club "by mutual consent" according to Tv3.

superfrank
09/01/2008, 6:13 PM
Ridiculous decision to sack him after just six months. He should've been given more time to turn the team around. Newcastle deserve what ever they get after this.

shakermaker1982
09/01/2008, 7:18 PM
I hope they get Shearer and I hope the smug **** gets em relegated. Has he got the balls to step up now or will he hide behind Lawro and Hansen in the tv studio?

OwlsFan
14/01/2008, 11:54 AM
Now Mark Hughes is the likely successor. They sack Sam Allardyce who did a good job with a relatively small club and hire someone who has done a good job with a relatively small club.

When do they ever learn?

drinkfeckarse
14/01/2008, 12:03 PM
I rate Hughes above Allardyce to be honest. They have admitted that they want someone British or someone with a great knowledge of the British game. There aren't too many candidates that come into that category at the moment that would actually take the Newcastle job. Hughes could be the best that they can get at this moment in time.

OwlsFan
14/01/2008, 12:13 PM
I rate Hughes above Allardyce to be honest. They have admitted that they want someone British or someone with a great knowledge of the British game. There aren't too many candidates that come into that category at the moment that would actually take the Newcastle job. Hughes could be the best that they can get at this moment in time.

They tried Harry Rednapp first apparently and what is he? Someone who has done a good job with a relatively small club:D.

Hughes had a bad run of results a month back. If he had been at Newcastle with such a run, he would have been sacked.

drinkfeckarse
14/01/2008, 12:43 PM
I don't see your point. As I mentioned, they want someone with extensive knowledge of the British game. There aren't too many candidates available when it boils down to it.

Angus
14/01/2008, 1:31 PM
They tried Harry Rednapp first apparently and what is he? Someone who has done a good job with a relatively small club:D.

Hughes had a bad run of results a month back. If he had been at Newcastle with such a run, he would have been sacked.

Inclined to agree - let's replace a manager who is clearly competent at running a smaller, less fashionable club with tactics that could occasionally be described as "robust" with a manager who is clearly competent at running a smaller, less fashionable club with tactics that could occasionally be described as "robust".

Truly, truly, truly, idiotic

OwlsFan
14/01/2008, 5:00 PM
He got my point :D

feo123
15/01/2008, 1:12 AM
why has martin jol not been mentioned?

drinkfeckarse
15/01/2008, 10:50 AM
He got my point :D

My point was never about whether their decision to go like for like was idiotic or not. My point was that Hughes was probably the best option of the category they are looking for.

OwlsFan
15/01/2008, 3:46 PM
My point was never about whether their decision to go like for like was idiotic or not. My point was that Hughes was probably the best option of the category they are looking for.

WHich is the same category they went for before :confused:

Cabs88
15/01/2008, 5:47 PM
I would love it' if venables got the job, and nowhere near ireland!!
Its lookin like Houllier and Shearer tho

drinkfeckarse
16/01/2008, 7:55 AM
WHich is the same category they went for before :confused:

Forget it OwlsFan :)

OwlsFan
16/01/2008, 7:59 AM
Looks like Deschamp might be in the picture. Different category ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7191178.stm

razor
16/01/2008, 3:24 PM
Keegan named new manager
Here (http://www.skysports.com/football/0,19521,11065,00.html)

tetsujin1979
16/01/2008, 3:28 PM
can't believe that to be honest. can't help wonder if Ashley did it on the advice of the fat bloke with the NUFC tattoo on his beer gut

Roadend
16/01/2008, 3:33 PM
"we're still fighting for this title....."

Ozymandias
16/01/2008, 3:44 PM
" I would luv it just luv it"

tetsujin1979
16/01/2008, 4:02 PM
:DYXpUdBlRZe8

Angus
17/01/2008, 10:07 AM
From the sublime to the ridiculous.

Let's replace professional competence albeit quite dull, with unprofessional shiny superficiality.

This might yield results in the short term but is an utterly retrograde step which says more about the chairman than it does about anything else.

This says that I have no clue how to run this thing but so long as I buy myself 3 months of nobody giving out to me all will be well.

I am no fan of Allardyce - I hated Bolton - but he is as well away from this bunch of jokers

OwlsFan
17/01/2008, 3:35 PM
:D Keegan makes an immediate impact as he signs Shaun Wright Phillips

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/1085/15585coleman_hasselhoff.jpg

Hasn't even attended a football game since he was sacked by City so he says. Sentiment doesn't win you games. There's nought as queer as Toon folk but I expect Shearer to be his No. 2.

OwlsFan
21/01/2008, 10:05 AM
How ironic that "the Messiah's" first game ends in a 0-0 at home to Bolton :D

Nice to see Duff features heavily in his plans though:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/01/21/sfnnew121.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

OwlsFan
28/01/2008, 12:03 PM
He hasn't lost his sense of humour though. When he heard that his first target, Woodgate, had decided to sign for Spurs, he said. "They are in Europe this year. I can't offer that unless we get on a ferry". :D

Risteard
28/01/2008, 12:14 PM
Dennis Wise linked with the number 2 position heavily this morning.
He's not all that imo.
Leeds form has collapsed since Poyet left.

Angus
28/01/2008, 12:59 PM
So, 2 games in, in the Messiah's reign and no goals scored yet.

OwlsFan
28/01/2008, 1:22 PM
So, 2 games in, in the Messiah's reign and no goals scored yet.

You know what happens to Messiahs in the end - they get crucified and it will happen in the North East as well.

Lim till i die
28/01/2008, 1:25 PM
You know what happens to Messiahs in the end - they get crucified and it will happen in the North East as well.

That was just that ONE time

Jeez....

OwlsFan
28/01/2008, 1:43 PM
That was just that ONE time

Jeez....

That was the one literal time. The rest are crucified by "mutal consent" ;)