PDA

View Full Version : Liam Burns (from Ocean FM)

avvenalaf
02/01/2008, 3:21 PM
Liam Burns set to return ? Jan 02, 5:52 am
As the transfer window speculation continues to grow, there is word this week that former Sligo Rovers centre back Liam Burns could be on his way back to the Showgrounds. Burns moved to Bohemians along with manager Sean Connor but now seemingly his position at the club is uncertain following the arrival of the new Bohs manager Pat Fenlon while Rovers themselves are on the look out for a central defender. The futures of Harpal Singh, Chris Turner and Darren Manseram are also uncertain since the departure of Sean Connor from Bohemians.
Meanwhile,the close season clearout continued at the Showgrounds yesterday as midfielder Steven Manson was signed by Scottish Division two side Cowdenbeath.

Cowdenbeath 1 Raith 3
Manson 22 Sloan 10 Hislop 66Templeton 68

Half-time: 1-1

feo123
02/01/2008, 4:15 PM
Meanwhile,the close season clearout continued at the Showgrounds yesterday as midfielder Steven Manson was signed by Scottish Division two side Cowdenbeath.

Cowdenbeath 1 Raith 3
Manson 22 Sloan 10 Hislop 66Templeton 68

Half-time: 1-1

should have held onto him.....1 goal in every game he has played in now ;)

DocRovers
02/01/2008, 4:18 PM
Really hope Burnsie is not on his way back. Thought he was very poor for Bohs this year & is even slower than when he was with us. Would rather go with what we have & await a decent centre-half.

feo123
02/01/2008, 4:25 PM
Really hope Burnsie is not on his way back. Thought he was very poor for Bohs this year & is even slower than when he was with us. Would rather go with what we have & await a decent centre-half.

its not that easy, if he's available i see no reason why not to go get him. he was very very good when with us before, no reason why he cant improve, and we only saw him 3 times last season. well thats all i saw anyway, he wasnt the same as when he was with us the season before but still would be a solid addition to the team!

Red&White Rover
02/01/2008, 4:44 PM
Woldn't mind seeing Burnsy back. Solid player. Do a decent job with Peersy, or as back up.

Turner is the only other of the 4 i'd have back.

DocRovers
02/01/2008, 6:23 PM
Feo, I just think we have seen what he has to offer & he has gone backwards. Hopefully Paul can get us someone better & quicker! Would take Turner or Mansaram back, no prob.

red arrow
02/01/2008, 7:41 PM
at the moment this is all speculation and i would be surprised if he rejoined rovers. i know he likes sligo but there is no way we could pay him what he was getting at bohs. however if it did happen i think he would be a decent signing cause he is a very good reader of the game (maybe a bit slow) but his ability to read the situation and his ecperience would be a huge asset.
cooke also would be the one to get more out of him that seanie cause he understands the game better nad would utilise burnsie. in summary i would be v. happy to see him back also because like murphy he is big and strong. keep thinking positive and keep trying to get funds to the bit o red.
happy new year.

feo123
02/01/2008, 11:03 PM
Feo, I just think we have seen what he has to offer & he has gone backwards. Hopefully Paul can get us someone better & quicker! Would take Turner or Mansaram back, no prob.

yeah there is no doubt he has gone a bit backwards although im not comfortable saying that as i only saw him 3 times against rovers last season. was at the longford 3-0 bohs game too can't remember if he was playing.

id take burns and turner definatly.
mansaram is a good player would be good football wise to have him back i know its not going to happen just as people are talking about the 4 ex rovers players up there i might aswell say it, but i really have gotten to dislike him as a person over last season. just seems cocky/big headed/arrogant etc. good player though no doubting that

DocRovers
02/01/2008, 11:10 PM
I agree, dont think any of them except perhaps Burnsie will be back. Would love to see a signing or two - sends out a message & is good for morale. Last years wait & SOS signings cost the club a fortune - not one remains today, so hoping for no repeat.

Nathan
03/01/2008, 10:09 AM
Any word on Rossiter?

sligored
03/01/2008, 10:58 AM
signed a 2 year contract with bohs last september. unlikely. He would be a great addition.

feo123
03/01/2008, 5:04 PM
signed a 2 year contract with bohs last september. unlikely. He would be a great addition.

all the sligo lads would be great additions, there 'too good' for us though